Food for thought, LFR 5mans?

Lets completely ignore the scaling issues, boss mechanics and any other logistic problems with this idea and lets get straight to it.

LFR is turned into 5man raids, yes that's right I said and why the fuck not??? I understand GC has said in the past they want to keep that "epic feeling" of 25 people zerging some huge ass bosses in latest and greatest raid tier but from my own experience 25 lfr is anything but an epic feel.

This situation brings accountability to the group as a whole while still allowing every single player in wow the ability to see the end game content blizz has to offer but please make it fucking hard not a faceroll. Or simply remove lfr from current tiers and just make the previous tier LFR 5mans for the new tier. Nothing drove me nuts more then stepping into a lfr, before I got back into organized raiding, and seeing half the raid doing little to nothing and the same people dying to mechanics early in fights just to afk to free loot. Some of these people straight up just don't care while others are actually completely lost and clueless as to what is going on and what to do with character they are playing.

Queue times would be drastically reduced, and being in a small group would offer a greater challenge than lfr could ever provide while remaining fun.Hell it doesn't even have to be 5 mans, what about the old BRD 15man model? Whatever the case eat it up, call me a fucking idiot if you want your not going to hurt my feelings but I just wanted to throw this out to see community opinion.
    Last edited by Quilm; 2013-09-24 at 06:13 PM.

Deleted
    I'd say 10-15m would be better solution in my opinion. While still maintaining the "epic" feeling of the raid you could actually make people try instead of afk.

5-man raids? I've been wanting this for a long time.

The one time I went into Challenge mode it felt like the kind of content I want, but my four compatriots were not as serious or as 'skillful' as I am, so it's hard to get a good judge of how hard the content is *for me*. Sadly we only went that one time and have never been back. =(

Deleted
    I don't know what kind of difficulty level you expect, but 5-man raids essentially become glorified MoP-Heroics with better loot. Accessible to all, beatable by any. Making them 5-man does nothing to add accountability, since by design anyone should be able to clear them. Thus we'll still have easy-as-piss "raids", just with 5 people instead of 25.

Not to mention the impact this will have on core raiding mechanics. Tank swaps would be impossible. If someone has to enter a vehicle (think Professor Putricide) you lose 1/3 of your DPS. Etcetera, etcetera.

I'd say 10/15 players is the sweet spot.

It would be a nightmare to tune I would imagine. A lot of raid fights assume you have 2 tanks, X amount of range/melee/cooldowns etc if you want a challenging experience. If you ignore those things, then well...it's basically the current LFR now but with 5 people. Which means that you need a tank for every 5 man group, which means queue times would actually get longer overall, not shorter.