Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    The reason I drew comparisons to Retribution and DK's is because they're plate melee, while warlocks and rogues aren't. In case it hasn't been clear in my earlier commentary, I have a problem with ANY class that can be 100% defensive while also being 100% offensive at the same time. How they do it doesn't interest me; what interests me is that they should not be able to, in my opinion, because it removes depth from the overall meta game of PvP.
    The problem is, before 5.4 warriors were the only class to have this drawback. Immunity cds don't really count because they have multiple uses since they can also break cc and are sort of in a different class of defensive cds. Look at ferals right now: Barkskin glyphed is an exceptionally strong D cd usable while stunned and imo better than DBTS since its shorter cd and crit reduc, they also have SI which is 50% DR to SWs 40%, both of these are usable in cat and stackable with whatever offensive cds they want. They also have bear form which is D stance on steroids but it does nerf their damage more. That aside, all melee but rets (who have a different playstyle, less defensive but more utility and healing) can by near immune to damage while going full retard offensive.

Wars have been arguing for years to let us use SW and SR without a shield because of its stupidity in how it nerfs us like no one else. I personally was happy in WOTLK because we could actually do things with a shield like shield slam and revenge but they decided to take those away so this is really the only viable alternative. I dont see people complaining about ferals popping 3 different offensive cds and 3 different defensive cds at the same time yet shield wall seems to be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

The reason I drew comparisons to Retribution and DK's is because they're plate melee, while warlocks and rogues aren't. In case it hasn't been clear in my earlier commentary, I have a problem with ANY class that can be 100% defensive while also being 100% offensive at the same time. How they do it doesn't interest me; what interests me is that they should not be able to, in my opinion, because it removes depth from the overall meta game of PvP.
    What class can't do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Not requiring shields and stance dancing has taken a lot of the skill needed to play a warrior away.
    are you kidding me?! With that amount of guides all over the internet sharing macros for it? same button to press, but not at least we dont see warriors with shields up to reduce incoming physical dmg reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Shadow Priests through Dispersion
    Ret Pallys 50% reduction through bubble
    Mages Ice Block
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    All the classes except for dks and warriors which have 100% uptime on their defensive stances?

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    All the classes except for dks and warriors which have 100% uptime on their defensive stances?
    Warlock/Shaman/Rogue? Can't stop a killing spreeing rogue either. Or do you mean 100% defensive like the shaman spam heals?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Honestly do you even read? There's a total of THREE CLASSES/SPECS that can't do this. EVERY SINGLE OTHER CLASS CAN. And the ones that can't usually have complete damage immunities unlike the ones that can blow defensives + offensive cds together.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Honestly do you even read? There's a total of THREE CLASSES/SPECS that can't do this. EVERY SINGLE OTHER CLASS CAN. And the ones that can't usually have complete damage immunities unlike the ones that can blow defensives + offensive cds together.
    Do you have som irl-issues atm? You are being way too offensive tbh.

Anyways.. i responded to;

I have a problem with ANY class that can be 100% defensive while also being 100% offensive at the same time.
    I interpreted that as a class that can sit in their defensive stance all game without being punished at all for it or barely noticable.

IE Warrior in Dstance or dks in blood presence.

I guess in missinterpreted the question. So sue me. Now take a glass of water and chill down mate

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes no sense whatsoever. Are you trying to say that warriors are not viable and the only reason they are #1 is because
    they just have 1 viable spec "if that" as you put it. Again, hinting that arms isnt viable?

Warriors are #1 ABOVE 2200+ rating. Get that into your head. Think about it. Breathe. Now think about it again and go delete your post.
    how does what i said make no sense?what i said is the truth.i never said warriors "this season" are no viable.i said usually warriors are the worst pvp CLASS in game and we are.i also said fury and prot are no where to be found on that little chart,yet i see 2 and 3 specs of the same class and only one for warriors.

i think you need to read before you post-are you saying warriors were not the worst pvp class in game last season again?.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have som irl-issues atm? You are being way too offensive tbh.

Anyways.. i responded to;

I interpreted that as a class that can sit in their defensive stance all game without being punished at all for it or barely noticable.

IE Warrior in Dstance or dks in blood presence.

I guess in missinterpreted the question. So sue me. Now take a glass of water and chill down mate
    the QOL changes warriors got last patch were long over do,cry more about it.want to know how out dated shields and Armour are in pvp?warrior are supposed to have more hit points and Armour then any other class in game,but sadly that was taken away from us as well "a buff to every class expect for warriors".there is hardly a difference between plate and leather any more.shields will only reduce physical damage while bleeds/and every casters damage passes right threw it.so why on earth do warriors need a shield to reduce damage when they do not do jack shit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    how does what i said make no sense?what i said is the truth.i never said warriors "this season" are no viable.i said usually warriors are the worst pvp CLASS in game and we are.i also said fury and prot are no where to be found on that little chart,yet i see 2 and 3 specs of the same class and only one for warriors.

i think you need to read before you post-are you saying warriors were not the worst pvp class in game last season again?.

- - - Updated - - -

the QOL changes warriors got last patch were long over do,cry more about it.want to know how out dated shields and Armour are in pvp?warrior are supposed to have more hit points and Armour then any other class in game,but sadly that was taken away from us as well "a buff to every class expect for warriors".there is hardly a difference between plate and leather any more.shields will only reduce physical damage while bleeds/and every casters damage passes right threw it.so why on earth do warriors need a shield to reduce damage when they do not do jack shit?
    Im not even going to put more effort into this. Im done

10+ Year Old Account
    /sigh

The point is that NO CLASS should be able to.

That's what I'm getting at. It's all I've ever been getting at.

When there's no choice to be made between offence and defence, I believe it's a problem because it removes depth from the game. Going for a kill but coming under heavy attack? Pff. Just blow Shield Wall and laugh it off. In other words, heavy pressure is no longer a means of peeling, so the game is losing depth. For crying out loud, warriors can blow Shield Wall, sit in Defensive Stance and blow Die by the Sword to take a ridiculous 85% less damage, not including Demoralizing Banner or Thunderclap, and still do their full gamut by blood-storming.

Frankly, I think it's fucking lame.

If Feral's can go full retard with Barksin, Survival Instincts and HoT's, I don't care; I'm being completely consistent because I don't think they should be able to either.

I don't think I can be any clearer.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Oh screw off with your pvp crap, FINALLY Arms is used for raids and now your complaining that its too op for pvp?! Really?! If you say its op then learn to play your class better so you can destroy us its not that hard to destroy a warrior just dont let them get in close
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

/sigh

When there's no choice to be made between offence and defence, I believe it's a problem because it removes depth from the game. Going for a kill but coming under heavy attack? Pff. Just blow Shield Wall and laugh it off. In other words, heavy pressure is no longer a means of peeling, so the game is losing depth. For crying out loud, warriors can blow Shield Wall, sit in Defensive Stance and blow Die by the Sword to take a ridiculous 85% less damage, not including Demoralizing Banner or Thunderclap, and still do their full gamut by blood-storming.

If Feral's can go full retard with Barksin, Survival Instincts and HoT's, I don't care; I'm being completely consistent because I don't think they should be able to either.

I guess my question to the general population and not to you specifically on this is why are warriors suddenly getting the hate for being able to pop D cds and dps cds together? Even in 5.3 where ferals were stupidly strong everyone attributed it to the mobility and offheals, while they could go just as full retard as a warrior can now while being nearly immune to dmg. Probably because no right minded war or feral would stack 19 def and dps cds together; I think people are seeing double warriors in 2s going stupid as possible and not countering it properly then complaining.
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Oh screw off with your pvp crap, FINALLY Arms is used for raids and now your complaining that its too op for pvp?! Really?! If you say its op then learn to play your class better so you can destroy us its not that hard to destroy a warrior just dont let them get in close
    This is epic. Im using this as my new signature!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    This is not tbc anymore.
    Warrior used to be the class that is easier to kite, and if he gets to u then you are fucked. But these days warriors feel like the class that has the best gap closers

/sigh

An argument can be made the other way, though. If a warrior chooses to pop all of his offensives and supplement it with shield wall, that is a choice he is making. What happens if the opposing team survives his burst? They can now turn around and attack the warrior knowing he doesn't have his major defensive cooldown. He made a sacrifice and now is suffering because of it.

If you ask me, it adds more depth to the game when abilities can be used in various situations for different outcomes.

I'm not implying that you are wrong. Hell, I might like your way more. It's just a different way of looking at it. Your way promotes a more proactive playstyle, mine is reactive. It's just opinion.

I'm not saying warriors are balanced because of this statement, but it is something to consider.

Also, I believe defensive cooldowns (and offensive for that matter) stack multiplicatively, not additively, as you suggested in your example of a warrior taking 85% reduced damage. Another side argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    This is not tbc anymore.
    Warrior used to be the class that is easier to kite, and if he gets to u then you are fucked. But these days warriors feel like the class that has the best gap closers
    But continues to have the worst grip in the game. A warrior will be on a target that knows how to peel pretty much once every 10-15 seconds for about 2-3 seconds at a time while other classes can get a full 8-10 second uptime if not infinite in the case of ferals.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    But continues to have the worst grip in the game. A warrior will be on a target that knows how to peel pretty much once every 10-15 seconds for about 2-3 seconds at a time while other classes can get a full 8-10 second uptime if not infinite in the case of ferals.
    To second that, ferals and other melee can actually DO THINGS when they aren't in melee range of a target; a warrior being kited has 0 meaningful things to do except spell reflect. Neither do warriors generate their resource offtarget like every other melee does. What I wouldn't give to be able to toss a rejuv out when im sitting in a root, or throw out a hex. Warriors need to have high uptime and multiple gap closers because if they didn't they would be useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Not requiring shields and stance dancing has taken a lot of the skill needed to play a warrior away.
    Macros =/= skill.

Warriors have a 30second root break and have to have someone nearby to do it, Ferals have constant root break
    Warriors have two charges, DK's have two grips which are more effective because you can grip people into CC
    Warriors can stay defensive while offensive, so can every other class besdies pallys,priests, and hunters
    Warriors have stupid damage, have you even seen a DK on a healer?
    Warriors have two pummels, they have to miss out on a snare or root to get
    Warriors have two reflects, DKs have AMZ and AMS both of which are better than reflect at stopping damage due to how long they last and how they absorb damage

I have yet to see a high rated player this season complain about warriors, myself having no complaints about warriors but more of other classes (rdruid CC chain). In about 5-6 weeks warriors will melt and be left in the dust in the amount of damage they do compared to other classes.