Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Where are the millions of player?

Realms have at best like 10 000 players, and there are not that many realms. Wow supposedly has something like 7 million players. Where are everyone?

Deleted
    in asia,pretty much.

Deleted
    Spread out on English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, American and Asian servers. I think there's more realms than you think

Deleted
    those european realms combined have at best like 1-2 million of players and im being very generous here

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 513 realms across both US and EU, according to WoWProgress. Assuming all 7.7 million subscribers were in those regions (which they aren't, because that's not including China), and also not considering that players can have multiple accounts, that would equal around 15,000 players per realm, which is not that far off from your assumption.

think half the playerbase is standing on timeless island @ kazzak, waiting for the drake to spwan

Deleted
    i am not seeing 200 realms in realm lobby on eu

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Realms have at best like 10 000 players, and there are not that many realms. Wow supposedly has something like 7 million players. Where are everyone?
    Hello Cle,

May I ask, where you're (possibly skewed numbers [guild ox + wow progress?]) numbers are coming from?

Thanks,

- Dac

those european realms combined have at best like 1-2 million of players and im being very generous here
    Blizz should sell a New RaF mount before earnings call. Free sub fluff from people buying a 5$ vanilla account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, collectively...spread across all realms that exist globally.

Deleted

This is the top EU realms.

Even though most ppl have alts and there are retired ppl there are ALOT more than 10k active characters.

source: http://wow.realmpop.com/eu.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post

Even though most ppl have alts and there are retired ppl there are ALOT more than 10k active characters.

Realmpop is highly inaccurate. I just looked at my brother's characters on realmpop, my brother that quit at the start of Cata. In fact, he has an entire guild of characters that all give the OOPS Character not available on the armory that are listed on realmpop. There are thousands upon thousands of guilds and characters listed on realmpop like that.

Your best bet for estimating a realm's population is http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=11
    It only shows level 90 toons that have logged in the last month. It does not show low level characters and as far as I am aware there is no site that tracks low level active characters.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Deleted
    I knew stormscale was horde realm, but fuck. Look at that ratio

There are not that many realms? US alone have 240+ realms. EU have more than 260 realms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Realmpop is highly inaccurate. I just looked at my brother's characters on realmpop, my brother that quit at the start of Cata. In fact, he has an entire guild of characters that all give the OOPS Character not available on the armory that are listed on realmpop. There are thousands upon thousands of guilds and characters listed on realmpop like that.

Your best bet for estimating a realm's population is http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=11
    It only shows level 90 toons that have logged in the last month. It does not show low level characters and as far as I am aware there is no site that tracks low level active characters.
    Pretty sure that your brother or his guild is listed on ralmpop if you choose level 90-90 characters.

Pretty sure that your brother or his guild is listed on ralmpop if you choose level 90-90 characters.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/il...t_Kings/roster

Highest character is 85, can drill down to each one on realmpop.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

The 10, 9, 8 million number is just Blizzard using very creative measures for subscriptions.

Deleted

I tell you what, I play on a medium pop server. So they say, so it is listed as. In reality it is pretty much dead, has 90:10 horde favor and even horde is very much dead. I also have a character in a top ten realm as you listed and it's not much more active, those stats are really not relevant at all.

I don't know anyone that plays in real life and my guild, one of the oldest on my realm is completely massacred, there is no one left.

I just went back a couple of weeks ago as I wanted to see the connected realms which obviously hasn't happened yet and I have to say I was amazed, had not played for half a year, then the realm/game was dead so I quit and coming back, it's even worse.

If you really think there are "ALOT more than 10k active characters" then you are really out of touch with reality. There is no way that is true.

There are not 7 million PLAYERS. There are 7 million ACTIVE ACCOUNTS.

When you factor in there are a lot of people with multiple accounts and a large number of people who have a subscription they hardly ever or never use (yep there are people who sign up for stuff, forget they have it, and just pay).

You can see there are way fewer than 7 million people.

Then, you gotta chop that up into the various regions (US, EU, Asia)

There are probably at most 2 million US citizens who actively play WoW. Another 1-2 million in Europe, and another 1-2 million in Asia.

Where are everyone?
    In my house hiding before you.