What can I upgrade now?

My last upgrade was the GPU from a Radeon HD 7450 to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti a couple of months ago.
    And a PSU from a 300w one to a COOLMAX ZU series 600w

This is what I have:
    Mobo: Gigabyte 2AC8
    Processor: AMD FX-6100
    RAM: 10 GB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    Hard Drive: 1.5 TB
    PSU: COOLMAX ZU series 600w

What can I go for?

Notes:
    -Budget for now is $500
    -The case / mobo seem to be very small for the gpu (I could be wrong, I'm no expert)
    -I play mostly WoW, looking to play some future games like Assasin's Creed pirate of the carribean shit thingy

Let me know if you guys need more info!

Deleted
    new case + mobo/cpu combo (prolly aftermarket cooler aswell) and maybe budget to spare for a SSD.

Question do you want to Overclock?!

If not

Mobo: Asrock H87M Pro4 - 87$
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4570 - 200$
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi - 50$

If you want to overclock (and shouldnt be afraid of)

Mobo: Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H -125$
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K - 240$
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi - 50$
    Cooler: Phantek PH-TC12 - 50$

Keep your ram but i have question, why do you have 10gb ?! that mean you have 3 memory stick , which is bad because they dont work in dual channel mode, do you have 2x4gb +2gb or 2x3gb +4gb ?! Anyway you will want to keep the two stick with same amount of memory.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2013-09-24 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FX 6350 and an ssd. New case as well if you like. Not sure what kind of gigabyte mobo that is off the top of my head, but worse case you need a bios update i think. Grab an aftermarket cooler and overclock it.

If you want to redo the whole thing then for WoW grab you an i5 as suggested above. Can't go wrong with that either lol
    Last edited by Nixaler; 2013-09-24 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Left off FX on 6350
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo GPU: Sapphire Vega 64 w/ Morpheus cooler
    Mobo: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi ATX Ram: 4 x 16gb 3200 Gskill FlareX Case: Cosair Crystal 570X
    PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 850w SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Blue 500gb Mouse: Logitech G600

Many thanks for the replies!

At mnm

I prefer not to OC (due to lack of tech experience, however with good advice I don't see why not)
    My computer came with the 10GB (2x4GB + 2GB) Should I worry about this?

Will be looking on the items you posted, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    there's nothing wrong with it like it would hurt your system i dont believe. That 2gb stick isn't running in dual channel. Idk much about ram, but idt its hurting/helping either way. It could possibly be more beneficial to remove the lone 2gb stick and just roll with 8gb. someone with more knowledge can tell you better than i
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo GPU: Sapphire Vega 64 w/ Morpheus cooler
    Mobo: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi ATX Ram: 4 x 16gb 3200 Gskill FlareX Case: Cosair Crystal 570X
    PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 850w SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Blue 500gb Mouse: Logitech G600

Question mnm:

Do I need a cooler (the one you listed) if I'm not OC'ing? For the i5-4570

Quote Originally Posted by Gunthers View Post
    Many thanks for the replies!

At mnm

I prefer not to OC (due to lack of tech experience, however with good advice I don't see why not)
    My computer came with the 10GB (2x4GB + 2GB) Should I worry about this?

Will be looking on the items you posted, thanks
    It's like... you increase a number, restart your PC. If it crashes, lower the number. If it won't crash, run a program and if it's good, you can stay there or OC it more. easy as that. (Well in theory)

It wont run in dual channel mode if you use 3 memory stick, you should remove the 3rd stick and roll with 8gb. And no you dont need an aftermarket market cooler if you dont want to OC, although I strongly suggest you to go with the 4670k, you can run ANY 4670K @ 4Ghz without touching any voltage setting, just go in bios and set the turbo multiplier to 40x, after that you could watch some overclocking tutorial on youtube if you want to go above 4ghz.