T15 2 PC still worth keeping vs. a 567 warforged for aff

Is it worth to break the T15 2 PC for a 567 warforged piece for affliction? 4 extra seconds on haunt during dark soul doesn't look very appealing.

For me, (singlet target) sims somewhere in the 1.5-2k dps range. Less on multi target, which is what happens in most SoO fights. As a very rough estimate, 1 average ilvl will be somewhere close to that. If you are talking h tier, it might break even, but as long as the hit isn't over cap, and you aren't planning on playing demo (2set for demo is just nice QoL/reliability for the opener), I would just break it.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-09-24 at 11:23 PM.

Whats the consensus on 9778 vs. 13737?

Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    Whats the consensus on 9778 vs. 13737?
    9778. Mastery rapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    9778. Mastery rapes.
    I'm getting lower dps with 9778 though. Checking evrelia's armory he's at 13737 as well. Idk, the shards generation is lower with 9778, maybe could be reason.

I'm getting lower dps with 9778 though. Checking evrelia's armory he's at 13737 as well. Idk, the shards generation is lower with 9778, maybe could be reason.
    Also 13737 BP is more worthy with T16 Set bonus since your UA will tick one more tick.

I just say: Don't mind about reaching 13737, still focusing on Mastery until you will finally reach it naturally with gear or losing one a one or two reforges.

im finding the 13.7k haste more reliable with one or 2 extra haunts here and there, and getting a fairly decent uptime on 2 set bonus. But I went down a tiny bit to 13.1k just to clip the agony cap, bingings does some sexy things to my mastery, so im seeing a little more damage this way.
    Last edited by Hexotic; 2013-09-25 at 06:52 PM.

13737 Haste point is much better for me, I squeeze more DPS out of it compared to 9778.

Quote Originally Posted by oantmeal View Post
    13737 Haste point is much better for me, I squeeze more DPS out of it compared to 9778.
    Same here, not sure why the hype is around 9778

I don't think you notice that he didn't have much of a choice with the gear he has, rather than assume he voluntarily reforged to haste. Consider every single gem slot he has with a mastery+ stat gem, and only 1 item is reforged to haste (because the piece already had mastery). Everything else preferences on mastery's side, it just so happens that a lot of lock-friendly gear now comes with more haste/mastery on it than haste/crit or mastery/crit like it did in ToT.

- - - Updated - - -

Same here, not sure why the hype is around 9778
    There is no hype about it, it's simply the lowest target amount of haste to have so you can gain additional ticks of a DOT. Same applies with 13737.

The benefits/disadvantages of going for each specific target is dependent upon the fight itself. A fight that one has to multidot will benefit more from mastery over haste than say a single target fight where perhaps a bit more haste works out best, depending on how much mastery you have.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, results will vary.

I've played both and honestly I think I like the 13737 one better...however nothing magical happens then. For me its the little things like the fractions of a second you shave soulswapping or getting a tick of DS in before having to move moreso than any specific dps value.

Do what suits the fight and what suits your playstyle....just understand how each stat increases dps and adapt it to your goals accordingly.

nvm, gonna repost on affliction help thread
    Last edited by OokingDooker; 2013-09-26 at 11:21 PM. Reason: deleted what i typed

It's the extra Corruption tick.

I kinda like Mr robot's explanation of it :
    "Many warlocks are using this build for Affliction. There is no evidence, based on tests with SimulationCraft, that this build will increase your damage in single or multi-target situations at Tier 16 gear levels. At lower gear levels, you will lose some single target damage and gain a small amount of multi-target damage. Adding a haste breakpoint at 9778 is also very popular, but does not actually increase damage, so we don't include it in the weights - make sure to add it if you prefer."

Inb4 askmr's moderator explaining that their website is the best thing that has been invented before the wheel (and it's because one of their team ancestor was the creator), I agree with 'em. going around 13k boosted my DPS. Also it makes the gameplay more fun and dynamic

Edit : the difference between the two are...Small, to be honest
    Last edited by Shauni; 2013-10-04 at 08:46 AM.

Deleted
    The reason most people go for 13k+ tresholds is that it's impossible to be below 12k in well itemized 550+ gear.