Am I Missing Something?

Currently I am 538 item level and have nearly 18% hit. I reforged everything I could from spirit/hit and used as little of the spirit/mastery gems as possible but is there anything I'm missing or do I have it as low as possible with my gear? Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alzar/advanced
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    Currently I am 538 item level and have nearly 18% hit. I reforged everything I could from spirit/hit and used as little of the spirit/mastery gems as possible but is there anything I'm missing or do I have it as low as possible with my gear? Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alzar/advanced
    Log out as ele and we might be able to tell you. Resto gets automatic hit from Spiritual Insight.

Though one little trick I'm doing right now, because I am so completely over as well but would still like to keep a socket bonus, is to use mastery/stam gems in blue sockets when you're going for the socket bonus. Generally I wouldn't recommend this, but if your alternatives are being 16% hit and 16.5% hit, you might as well trade that .5% for some stam.

ETA: Though just looking at your actual spirit/hit amounts and your reforging, yeah, it looks like all you can do to get out of hit is the stam thing.

Yes, your in resto spec... not Ele.. Resto automatically is at 15% hit...

My bad should be Elemental spec now
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

Normally I wouldnt say this, but I think Tickle is right, go ahead and switch out your blue spirit/mast gems with stam/mast gems.. seems it would be more benificial as spirit is such a waste once your hit capped. Other than that.. try and get peices without spirit on them IE Crit/Mast or Crit/Haste where you can reforge the crit to the other and still gain benificial secondary stats.

From looking at people's armory and WoL I thought it was best in 5.4 to just gem 320 mastery in all slots disregarding socket bonuses unless it was a mastery bonus in the aim of reaching 100% mastery?

Deleted
    Ye i got the same issues, sitting on 17.69% hit with nothing to do untill i get new gear pieces.

Not to mention that there are a total of SIX ITEMS IN SOO WITHOUT SPIRIT OR HIT.
    Yes, i'm mad.

And FOUR of those items are our tier :S

I foresee a lot of ele shammies with inevitably overcapped hit throughout this tier

Deleted
    Isn't this always the same at the end of the xpac?

Quote Originally Posted by Ares66 View Post
    Isn't this always the same at the end of the xpac?
    No, there were no problems with this in dragon soul

Quote Originally Posted by Cortic View Post
    From looking at people's armory and WoL I thought it was best in 5.4 to just gem 320 mastery in all slots disregarding socket bonuses unless it was a mastery bonus in the aim of reaching 100% mastery?
    No, you don't want to completely ignore set bonuses. Couple examples:

Red socket, 60 int bonus - use an orange gem because 140 int is worth more than 160 mastery

Red socket, 60 spirit - use mastery gem

Yellow socket, any bonus - assuming you're actually gemming straight mastery, obviously use a mastery gem

Blue socket, 60 int bonus - Depends. Are you over hit cap already? 60 int is not worth more than 160 mastery, generally. But if you're not hit capped, then yes, match it.

Red or yellow sockets, 120 int or 180 int - match it.

2 blue sockets, 120 int - same question as above - are you over hit? Normally I'd prefer to always meet 120/180 int bonuses, but if it's 2 blue sockets and you're over hit cap, you're again saying 60 int is worth more than 160 mastery if you match these, which it's not.

With 18% hit I'm pretty sure you're not missing anything, amarite ???