Thread: GPU suggestion

GPU suggestion

Atm I have a 560ti and I'd like to upgrade. Planing on stopping at microcenter on the way home later this week to pick one up. I'd prefer to stay with nvidia.
    My budget is $500.

Current PSU? Games you're playing?
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I'd say wait for a few days and see what those 500 will buy you from AMD's new volcanic islands line-up. Those cards look beastly if the leaks are even close to being true.

Deleted
    Yup, wait at least a week. The "paper launch" of the AMD R9-2xx series is coming up later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Current PSU? Games you're playing?
    psu = 700w
    as for games, Defiance, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2, BioShock Infinite, just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    psu = 700w
    as for games, Defiance, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2, BioShock Infinite, just to name a few.
    Definitely have to agree with the others and you should wait until the new AMD line is released. If anything, it will cause both current AMD & Nvidia GPUs to go on sale to help them compete with the release of the new hardware. That and the new hardware looks straight-up badass on the leaked benchmarks.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really sad that no one's at least asked what his CPU is as he could already be bottlenecked and completely clueless as to the possibility that a new GPU could literally do nothing more compared to his current one.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    It's really sad that no one's at least asked what his CPU is as he could already be bottlenecked and completely clueless as to the possibility that a new GPU could literally do nothing more compared to his current one.
    According to this thread, as long as it is still relevant, they have a i5-2500k. That should be fine and they can always OC to give it a nice performance boost, if they haven't already.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

Yep, still have the i5-2500k.

Deleted
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133490
    with no pricing and benchmarks out yet just i'd still say you can't go wrong with this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133490
    with no pricing and benchmarks out yet just i'd still say you can't go wrong with this deal.

Pretty sure there is a thread somewhere here full of benchmarks and prices are supposed to be around $600-700 for the top card that is supposed to beat both the GTX 780 and the Titan, going all the way down to $80 or so for the weakest ones.

The card's price is ok, you can find others that offer the batman game for cheaper and a 32gb flash drive usually goes for around $15 or so. You can also snag a 7970 for under $300 with the 3 free games, though prices should drop more once the new hardware comes out so they can stay competitive.