Possible bug on Heroic Protectors

Has anybody had an issue tanking He Softfoot? It seems like our tank is always getting gouged even when he is turning his back to him. Has anybody else had similar issues?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't personally attempted heroic yet but I have done it a number of times between normal and flex combined and I haven't missed a gouge yet. Haven't tried it since the latest lockout though.

Our tank was having issues on this last week as well. Even after he had turned he was still getting CC'd, causing softfoot to go off and rape a dps or healer.

Deleted
    same with us. At first we thought it might be a problem of hitbox and char size (he is a bear) so he started moving away from he when casting gouge and this worked. Sometimes he would still complain about being screwed by a shadowstep > gouge

Deleted
    I have tanked He for several hours on heroic and never had any issues. If he has it's most likely a combination of turning to slow and having relatively high latency. The easiest way to do it is to hold the left mouse button and turn your camera 180° a few secs before the cast and tab the right mouse button the moment he starts casting.

Click and Hold Right Mouse Button (Default) and spin 180 degrees, quickest way to make a 180 turn.

When he Shadowsteps to a raid member to put Garrote on them, he'll shadowstep back behind the tank....if your druid is complaining about Gouge + Shadowsteps, he's being really slow to face the boss/react to the boss himself/has super high latency/is turning with his keyboard.
    Recruiting for 5.4 Heroic Progression

Because 180 degree turning is something you can do relatively fast, you're probably just turning around too late but it looks like you turned around in time before the game registered the Gouge on you. I tend to get the same thing when I quickly mouse turn 180 degrees and hit blink, and then end up blinking in the direction I was originally facing. The game still thinks you're facing the original direction before you executed the ability. You just need to turn around faster to account for server delay.

Compared to a lot of other MMOs, though, WoW is actually really good when it comes to this kind of stuff.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2013-09-25 at 05:11 PM.

Best thing is to have your other tank have using on a hair trigger. Down heroic last night and other tanned got gouged once or twice. Quick taunt and all is well.

I found the best way to prevent this bug was to not only spin 180 but to also move away from softfoot during the cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allianc3 View Post
    I found the best way to prevent this bug was to not only spin 180 but to also move away from softfoot during the cast.
    Yep, this. I always do a bit of a spin and jump away.

Deleted
    We had an even more interesting bug tonight, on the first pull we did the adds from pushing Rook Stonetoe (think it's Sorrow, Misery and Gloom) didn't share health, so that phase lasted quite a bit longer than usual. So it acted as if it was normal (apart from it being on HC, all HP values etc being HC and the other HC mechanics being there), but it didn't happen the pull after, not sure what set that off

Deleted
    Yeah our tank seemed to have that to, got facestabbed by that rogue after that >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    i think your tank just doesnt want to admit he was slow.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only bug we encountered is during one of the desperate measure phases. All of the adds weren't sharing health, so they essentially hard triple the health and you still had to kill each individual one.

We set it to normal and put it back on heroic, haven't seen it since. Really annoying watching the raid die as we watch a million of those fire static shock type things go off.

And it's just your tank being slow. I tank the same guy and I know it's my fault when I get gouged. Usually it's because I'm focusing on interrupts during rooks measures phase though. On the plus side just have your other tank be ready to taunt during every gouge, that way nobody has to die.

Yea, I got gouged a few times last week but it was just me being slow (maybe my 200 ms had something to do with it? Doubtful though). Was quicker and it was 100% fine this week. The only real bug is the whole not sharing HP thing during rooks measures, but we powered through that anyway.

He shadowsteps in front of the tank I think? Awareness and turn around should be fine?

Our tank had the same problems yesterday during our firstkill.

He said it was caused by turning around while still standing in the hitbox of He Softfood. So he also moved out of the hitbox and turned around there. It also helps to make the 2nd Tank aware of that problem, so he can just taunt if the other tank gets stunned.