Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    snip
    I agree with you here, but it's fun to speculate. And you NEVER know what they're going to do...take a look at the screenshot I just posted, for example

One flying chest event, the entire albatross idea, the two chests only accessible by albatross, the sanctuary high on mountain top on the other side of a broken bridge, purchasable gliders, and a chest on the side of a canyon that is reached by walking across suspended ropes.

That's a hell of a lot more content than two rares and couple empty caves.

There are water quests in every expansion.
    There are more scenarios in caves than at sea, does that mean the next expansion is underwater?

It's really easy to pick and choose tiny pieces from a game as big as Wow and say "Oh, look at all these, clearly THIS is going to be the next expansion." There is less evidence in Mists for an Azshara expansion than there is for a Legion, Titan or Old God focused expansion.

People need to realize that you can't point at something small and call it a hint when there are 20 other small things that point to different outcomes.

My point isn't that the Timeless Isle needs to be water themed, my point is that it is 90% completely unrelated to water. You don't use an island where the only time you touch the water is to swim a few feet out and hit a ship, or whale to test if people enjoy playing in a watery environment. There are hundreds of quests in the game that involve swimming to a place, or killing something in, around, or near water. It's completely illogical to think that the Timeless isle is somehow more significant or indicative of future plans because it also has minor water related content.
    Here's a list of sea themed things on the Timeless Isle...

-Dreadship Vazuvius, a rare elite mob ghost pirate ship
    -Blackguard's Jetsam, an underwater cave with ghost pirates and a chest to loot.
    -Karkanos, a rare elite kraken boss that has similiar mechanics to The Lurker Below
    -Sunken Hozen Treasure, a sunken ship with ghost hozen swimming around underwater protecting a locked treasure chest
    -Zesqua, a rare elite mob hanging out between to sunken ships
    -Battle of the Barnacle, a dynamic event deep down at a sunken ship
    -Stinkbraid, a rare elite pirate captain on his own south sea ship with his crew
    -Evermaw, a rare elite whale shark that swims around the Timeless isle

Your rope and jump puzzles are not air or skywall, but thanks for trying. The Albatross thing maybe, the flying chest event sure. That's a tiny bit of the island, I just listed 8 things, and their maybe more. I have many alts, and 7 of them have search the isle for chests and welfare epics, I finding new stuff every day there and it's really feeling like it's steering players to get more comfortable towards water themed expansion, hell the whole expansion had little pieces here and there for underwater game play, not as much as Vash'jir, but a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaige View Post
    I agree with you here, but it's fun to speculate. And you NEVER know what they're going to do...take a look at the screenshot I just posted, for example
    Really cool image, Blizzard knows what they're going to do one or two expansions ahead of us. They plan for that reveal of an expansion to be a surprise, but not so out of left field we never saw it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyprime View Post
    The first thing I think of when I hear "Heroes of the Storm" is the Stormrage novel because of the speculation I have read about the Fey Drake and Storm Crow mounts maybe pointing to an Emerald Dream Expansion. So it could be very possibly the next expansion somehow relating to Azshara, The Emerald Dream and N'Zoth.

Just some crazy speculation on my part. =P
    It was called Stormrage because his name was Stormrage. Not because of anything to do with the Emerald Dream.

There's not really any correlation between the Emerald Dream and the word 'Storm' beyond Malfurion.

Deleted
    IMHO its either blizzard dota; warcraft 4 or hearthstone expansion.
    Why? Well because it give us nothing(in terms on information), you could guess what's going to happen by other xpac's names. While heroes of the storm could point somehow to netherstorm and perhaps turalyon, I really don't think so.

Its high time blizzard trademarked stuff but if they haven't done it yet there must be a reason - if they want to surprise everybody they will try to delay trademarking as much as they can (because of obvious name like "Rise of the Legion" etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Here's a list of sea themed things on the Timeless Isle...

-Dreadship Vazuvius, a rare elite mob ghost pirate ship
    -Blackguard's Jetsam, an underwater cave with ghost pirates and a chest to loot.
    -Karkanos, a rare elite kraken boss that has similiar mechanics to The Lurker Below
    -Sunken Hozen Treasure, a sunken ship with ghost hozen swimming around underwater protecting a locked treasure chest
    -Zesqua, a rare elite mob hanging out between to sunken ships
    -Battle of the Barnacle, a dynamic event deep down at a sunken ship
    -Stinkbraid, a rare elite pirate captain on his own south sea ship with his crew
    -Evermaw, a rare elite whale shark that swims around the Timeless isle

Your rope and jump puzzles are not air or skywall, but thanks for trying. The Albatross thing maybe, the flying chest event sure. That's a tiny bit of the island, I just listed 8 things, and their maybe more. I have many alts, and 7 of them have search the isle for chests and welfare epics, I finding new stuff every day there and it's really feeling like it's steering players to get more comfortable towards water themed expansion, hell the whole expansion had little pieces here and there for underwater game play, not as much as Vash'jir, but a lot.
    And your ghost pirates and sunken ships are not Nazjatar, Azshara or N'zoth.

My point was not that a Skywall expansion is coming. My point is that the Isle has literally absolutely nothing to do with Azshara or the Dark Below, and it's as foolish to try and point to it as proof of the Dark Below being the next expansion, as it is to point at the isle content that involves flying and say its a hint that the next expansion involves flying.

There is nothing to indicate that Blizzard is testing aquatic content, because none of the water related content on Isle is new. Again, there are dozens of underwater caves in wow, there are hundreds of quests to kill things in and around water. Why would Blizzard need to test it again? Or push players towards the exact same aquatic content we've seen since vanilla? There is nothing new or unique about the aquatic content on the isle that suggests that the developers are in any way testing the waters.

It's odd that you said this

That's a tiny bit of the island
    But can't see how small a portion of the Isle content is water based.

How much of the time people spend on the isle is spent in the water?
    I certainly don't have a number, but I'd be willing to bet it's less than 10% of the player time spent in the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaige View Post
    I have no problem with speculation.
    I have a problem with people pointing at arbitrary things as proof of unannounced content.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-09-26 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    It was called Stormrage because his name was Stormrage. Not because of anything to do with the Emerald Dream.

There's not really any correlation between the Emerald Dream and the word 'Storm' beyond Malfurion.
    Read Yogg Saron's box...

N'zoth lives deep within the maelstrom and he's the nightmare/ created the nightmare. The Nightmare is down there while N'Zoth sleeps. He's in the dream...

Actually I like the name as an expansion title. It just works for me.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

And your ghost pirates and sunken ships are not Nazjatar, Azshara or N'zoth.

My point was not that a Skywall expansion is coming. My point is that the Isle has literally absolutely nothing to do with Azshara or the Dark Below, and it's as foolish to try and point to it as proof of the Dark Below being the next expansion, as it is to point at the isle content that involves flying and say its a hint that the next expansion involves flying.

There is nothing to indicate that Blizzard is testing aquatic content, because none of the water related content on Isle is new. Again, there are dozens of underwater caves in wow, there are hundreds of quests to kill things in and around water. Why would Blizzard need to test it again? Or push players towards the exact same aquatic content we've seen since vanilla? There is nothing new or unique about the aquatic content on the isle that suggests that the developers are in any way testing the waters.

It's odd that you said this

But can't see how small a portion of the Isle content is water based.

How much of the time people spend on the isle is spent in the water?
    I certainly don't have a number, but I'd be willing to bet it's less than 10% of the player time spent in the zone.

I have no problem with speculation.
    I have a problem with people pointing at arbitrary things as proof of unannounced content.
    I've proved my point already 5 times, you're just being stubborn. Could it be possible that some one might know more than you in your life time? Look at what I've shown you and ask yourself, could all this water themed stuff be leading to an underwater expansion? The answer should be most likely, if you disagree with me, that's fine. I'm finished with this conversation though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    I've proved my point already 5 times, you're just being stubborn. Could it be possible that some one might know more than you in your life time? Look at what I've shown you and ask yourself, could all this water themed stuff be leading to an underwater expansion? The answer should be most likely, if you disagree with me, that's fine. I'm finished with this conversation though.
    Gonna hafta agree with him, the stuff you're listing is REALLY minor and small. Vashj'ir was a hundred times more useful as an "experiment" than these small mobs and events, and the devs specifically stated that they learned that players didn't like Vashj'ir and its underwater elements.

That doesn't mean TDB isn't real, but saying "man, Timeless Isle has some water-y stuff so it HAS to be TDB" makes no sense. Hell, there's more fire-themed stuff on the Timeless Isle than there are water/ocean themed things, doesn't mean the next expansion is a Firelands expansion.

The dark Delos was a fake trade mark and was removed for that reason

Deleted
    Are you srsly basing your underwater expan idea off the timeless "ISLE" where things can happen above sea and under it?

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Gonna hafta agree with him, the stuff you're listing is REALLY minor and small. Vashj'ir was a hundred times more useful as an "experiment" than these small mobs and events, and the devs specifically stated that they learned that players didn't like Vashj'ir and its underwater elements.

That doesn't mean TDB isn't real, but saying "man, Timeless Isle has some water-y stuff so it HAS to be TDB" makes no sense. Hell, there's more fire-themed stuff on the Timeless Isle than there are water/ocean themed things, doesn't mean the next expansion is a Firelands expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Are you srsly basing your underwater expan idea off the timeless "ISLE" where things can happen above sea and under it?
    This pretty much sums it up.
    I think that an Azshara expansion is about evenly likely with a legion one.
    But the Timeless Isle has nothing to do with the next expansion, beyond the fact that we might see more exploration/platforming content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    If the Timeless isle is going to have anything to do with ANYTHING, it's the Bronze Dragonflight. I don't see anything much in it beyond that. There are no Burning Legion footsoldiers, no naga, faceless one, or even murloc presences anywhere on the island.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    imo "underwater" expansion is one of the longest waiting expansion in queue to release. Blizzard have a complete story(nagas, n'zoth, pirate islands) which is extended in every expansion, they have probably last unexplored but known land in Azeroth but they still dont have idea how to make "underwater" expansion playable and balanced. Thats why they added Vashj'ir to cata(Vashj'ir story wasnt rly connected and important for cata's storyline).
    It was a huge beta-test of underwater gamming, just to have 10 000 000 ppl to test it , imho... and im not sure that it was a success(Vashj'ir was unique and cool but one year of lvling and doing dailies would be terrible and world pvp was totally unbalanced).

And untill they will be 100% that underwater expansion will be enjoyable and balanced, they wont release it. Because if they release unplayable expansion, it would kill this game.

So maybe they are ready for it and the next expansion will take place in The Rift or we might wait 1 or 4 years(for even to WoW2 on new engine) to meet nagas in their capital .

There is always something connected to nagas/south seas/maelstrom in every expansion. For example in MoP be had makruras patrolling shores of Pandaria(so maybe Azshara is planning to invade every continent?) but I must agree with Hitnei that MoP gave us more hints connected to the Burning Legion... but on the other hand was TBC been connected to WotLK? or WotLK to Cata? or Cata to MoP?

btw. sry for my english but I spent last year in France where it was useless but I hope u got my point :P

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems like a stupid name rofl. This has to be a different game or something. Not an expansion.

Sounds like a powermetal band song title.

It very well could be one, considering the kind of people at Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    Sounds like a powermetal band song title.
    It's obviously the HammerFall expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Read Yogg Saron's box...

N'zoth lives deep within the maelstrom and he's the nightmare/ created the nightmare. The Nightmare is down there while N'Zoth sleeps. He's in the dream...
    I feel like you missed the point of my post.

Yes, that's all well and good. There's likely some sort of tie between N'zoth and the Emerald Dream. I'm not arguing against that. What I AM saying, however, is that there is no connection between the name 'Heroes of the Storm' and the Emerald Dream, and using the name 'Stormrage' as the link is incredibly weak and flimsy reasoning.

Deleted
    would prefer Raiders of The Storm, but the name isn't as bad as most of you think.

"The Storm" is probably the Burning Legion, and because we will gg faces we'll be the heroes. ezpz