Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Okay this has gone on long enough. Im casting my vote for it being the official name of Blizzard All-Stars.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Okay this has gone on long enough. Im casting my vote for it being the official name of Blizzard All-Stars.

Blizzard all stars is the official name.

Word Mark BLIZZARD ALL-STARS
    Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software, computer game discs, computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices, interactive multimedia computer game programIC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games, providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network, providing online news and information in the field of computer games
    Standard Characters Claimed
    Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
    Serial Number 85770099
    Filing Date November 2, 2012
    Current Basis 1B
    Original Filing Basis 1B
    Published for Opposition May 14, 2013
    Owner (APPLICANT) Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 16215 Alton Parkway Irvine CALIFORNIA 92618
    Attorney of Record Rod A. Rigole
    Prior Registrations 2410749;2490187;2492072;AND OTHERS
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    the irony is that given past expansion leaks (including a very detailed and prominent one on this site a few years ago), you have to assume the usual suspects know what is coming, but no longer have freedom or motivation to post it.
    Most of the major fan sites have a positive relationship with Blizzard that they don't want to put in jeopardy. Even if we discount potential legal action, they do get perks like invites to press tours and free beta keys that would go out the window in a heartbeat if they were to post a major leak.

In general they'll discuss things leaked by someone else, but they aren't going to post any inside information they may have access too. I know WoW Insider at least got a lot of MoP information two weeks before the expansion was announced, but they didn't even let on that they had the information.

Overall though, "Heroes of the Storm" doesn't feel like an expansion name to me, but ultimately I think I'll file it along with "The Dark Below" in the "I have no idea" category.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I just post the info for blizzard all stars trade mark I'd this was going to be the name they would have payed to Change the trademark

I'm not sure what trade mark is but with just over a month to blizzcon and no wow trade marks up yet kinda makes you wonder

Made an account to shoot off my speculation.
    The front page of MMO-Champion states: "Keep in mind that this trademark isn't confirmed just yet. It isn't likely to be used for a WoW expansion, as the trademark application mentions the software being used on "mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs"."

Given its inclusion of mobile and cellular phones, tablets, etc. This makes me believe its some sort of mini-app or programs to do with the Son of the Storms. I haven't speculated exactly what yet, but perhaps a small fun project to do with their art team or art in general. Matches the names and the theme. While most of the time users in the community are considered Children of the Storm, Heroes is a new possibility seeing that a majority of the fan base of SotS play WoW and are the heroes of Warcraft.

I'm still going to have to think about it some more.
    Could just be an online App for their art gallery. But that would void the laptop/computer inclusion.

**I apparently cant post links until i have a higher post count but if you look up Sons of the Storm, you'll find their site.**

Second vote is New name for Blizz-Allstars, but seeing that they fought valve over the name of DOTA and Allstars, dropping it seems silly after all the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by funkays View Post
    Made an account to shoot off my speculation.
    The front page of MMO-Champion states: "Keep in mind that this trademark isn't confirmed just yet. It isn't likely to be used for a WoW expansion, as the trademark application mentions the software being used on "mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs"."

Given its inclusion of mobile and cellular phones, tablets, etc. This makes me believe its some sort of mini-app or programs to do with the Son of the Storms. I haven't speculated exactly what yet, but perhaps a small fun project to do with their art team or art in general. Matches the names and the theme. While most of the time users in the community are considered Children of the Storm, Heroes is a new possibility seeing that a majority of the fan base of SotS play WoW and are the heroes of Warcraft.

I'm still going to have to think about it some more.
    Could just be an online App for their art gallery. But that would void the laptop/computer inclusion.

**I apparently cant post links until i have a higher post count but if you look up Sons of the Storm, you'll find their site.**

Second vote is New name for Blizz-Allstars, but seeing that they fought valve over the name of DOTA and Allstars, dropping it seems silly after all the effort.
    The Sons of the Storm page was linked in this thread already. Seems to be a perfect fit for that IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    I just post the info for blizzard all stars trade mark I'd this was going to be the name they would have payed to Change the trademark

I'm not sure what trade mark is but with just over a month to blizzcon and no wow trade marks up yet kinda makes you wonder
    No, it doesn't. this name doesn't tie into either of the possibilities for expansion V, I doubt Blizz would do a new continent after the backlash Pandaria got.

It's eitger fake, or not Wow-related.

If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

Could be a mobile game. Blizzard admitted at the last Blizzcon that they began putting together a dev team specifically for expansion into mobile games.

No, it doesn't. this name doesn't tie into either of the possibilities for expansion V, I doubt Blizz would do a new continent after the backlash Pandaria got.
    Did Pandaria get a backlash? O.o

Most people I've chatted with enjoyed it both aesthetically and for its lore.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post

It comes down to

"KUNG FU PANDA"

"MOP IS CHILDISH" ...Despite the very barbaric and dark themes we've experienced.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post

Eh, I know a few ex-players who were put off by the premise; and of them, the ones who did give it a try just felt vindicated for disparaging it.

I suppose the thematic just didn't click with some people, be it "King Fu Panda hurr" or a general aversion to the lighter/softer vibe.

My guess: Dark Below IS the actual expansion. It was registered too soon, and blizz pulled it. Now they registered this crap, and at blizzcon they will reintroduce Dark Below.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Eh, I know a few ex-players who were put off by the premise; and of them, the ones who did give it a try just felt vindicated for disparaging it.

I suppose the thematic just didn't click with some people, be it "King Fu Panda hurr" or a general aversion to the lighter/softer vibe.
    This was the feeling of many older players (my 50 year old neighbor). Once he heard pandas, and lived through the hell of dragonsoul, he unsubbed before mop even launched. We were talking the other day, i mentioned how good the raids are now, and explained that pandas were actually in WC3 LONG before kungfu panda came out, and he's thinking about resubbing for next exp.

Honestly could be an expansion for Hearthstone, I know the games still in beta, but it is called Hearthstone -Heroes of Warcraft It could possibly be that Heroes of the Storm could be bringing in new Heroes (classes)/cards, that aren't the original nine.

Or maybe it is related to Blizzard All Stars, maybe they decided to change the name, I guess it could be a lot of things really But I dunno , it doesn;t feel like a WoW expansion title to me.
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2013-09-26 at 06:40 PM. Reason: derp moment

I know it's not likely because of the mobile stuff, but I really hope it's a new Warcraft RTS game.

It's eitger fake, or not Wow-related.
    Backlash over continents? They got backlash for NOT doing continents in Cata

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Rain falls from clouds and wow players backlash and complain about everything. These things were determined upon the creation of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    They also got heavy backlash from people saying "Pandaria is cool and all, but it doesn't fit in Warcraft."

They also got heavy backlash from people saying "Pandaria is cool and all, but it doesn't fit in Warcraft."
    The problem was the theme, not that it was a continent. I've never seen people complain "man I hate continents, give me disconnected zones all over the world"

Hmm, HoTS could just be the name of a Day 1 DLC bundle of cards for Hearthstone maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    It was called Stormrage because his name was Stormrage. Not because of anything to do with the Emerald Dream.

There's not really any correlation between the Emerald Dream and the word 'Storm' beyond Malfurion.
    I know. Like I said in my post, it's just very crazy speculation on my part.

Karma always has the last laugh.