Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    Can the process still be done entirely digitally?
    Without registering, I can't say. From what I've read here and here, it seems that when you apply for a trademark, you have to use your information either in the Applicant or Case Contact field. That said, I'm not 100% sure that those are instructions that indicate a mandatory limitation in place or if they are attempting to guide the applicant and assuming good faith on the part of the person filing the trademark. If it's possible to edit those fields and enter the valid information of any party, then that's a window of opportunity for a fraudulent application to be filed.

We also don't know what kind of verification they do to new registered users. If the verification of new registered users is solid, then the likelihood of fraud is very slim.

Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    Without registering, I can't say. From what I've read here and here, it seems that when you apply for a trademark, you have to use your information either in the Applicant or Case Contact field. That said, I'm not 100% sure that those are instructions that indicate a mandatory limitation in place or if they are attempting to guide the applicant and assuming good faith on the part of the person filing the trademark. If it's possible to edit those fields and enter the valid information of any party, then that's a window of opportunity for a fraudulent application to be filed.

We also don't know what kind of verification they do to new registered users. If the verification of new registered users is solid, then the likelihood of fraud is very slim.
    http://www.iponz.govt.nz/cms/iponz/a...istered-user#3

According to this, if you choose to represent an already existing company on your account - you have to submit a "Client Access Authority form" and get verified by the company

There's also a $150 fee after being verified

Deleted
    Considering the Dark Below, I'm skeptical... I do prefer the name though and it does sound like something they could use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Predictable response is predictable.
    Seeing as you can't actually refute it, I think it a pretty damn good response.

Anyways, what if I told you games are harder when they first start out, and progressively get easier and easier?
    ...seeing as weapon skills took LONGER to grind up as you progressed in them (took more hits, etc,) that isn't true at all.

People were finding all manner of ways to expedite grinding weapon skills by finding bugged mobs that they could just AFK auto attack to grind up weapon skill because it was such a terrible design.

I dont think people were quitting due to weapon skills. WHat if I told you it made you more inclined to have a main and not 10 alts?
    And what if I told you I had a main and not 10 alts? And that I grinded weapon skills up on that main and thought it was a terrible, tragic waste of my time back then, just as I can still see it as now?

But that doesn't comport with your mindset, so you're going to ignore it.

Enjoy your 10 alts, be sure to hit up LFR on at least 4 of them ~
    So instead, I should be enjoying grinding up weapon skills on my supposed 10 alts?

Arguing with MoP fanboys , yeah I am done.. Good night.
    No, you're not. You're going to come back and complain to someone else about a game you no longer play offering opinions that people don't care, want, or need to hear.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-09-25 at 06:50 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

While I am not sure I like Riders, I mean Heroes of the Storm. But it is a hell of a lot better than Mists of Pandaria. A lot of people thought that was either a joke or a kids game, and when the official announcement came jaws dropped around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    Wow, I think this is the first time I have seen someone try and defend weapon skill being fun
    Haha! I know right! Like can you imagine this person at their computer just furiously typing and cussing about weapons skills? I mean come one, it sucked and I think 99% agree on this. It's just that 1% messing it up for all of us lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah, guess you don't know until you try.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I went through the pages and might have missed it. But no one seemed to mention how similar the name is to Samwise Didier's Sons of the Storm. Deff has some dota vibe to it.

http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/
    It was mentioned, but I agree seems strange. If I was a betting man I would say it was either a Hearthstone (Heroes of Warcraft) expansion or a Blizzard All-Stars rebranding, but who knows?

I'd hope they wouldnt do this.

Knowing full well that their customer base uses acronyms for every release and Heart of the Swarm for sc2 already being known as hots.

Deleted
    Every expansion names so far described the threat or the place we were dealing with.
    While "Heroes of..." obviously is about the players.
    So yeah, Imho it's for something else, probably Hearthstone or another Blizzard games

Sounds to me too much like "heart of the swarm" when said, and I shall spuriously claim that that somehow makes it an unlikely game or patch or expansion name.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    nooooooooooooooo, shitty name and doesnt have the lore i want ffs blizz if you do this i WILL FUCKING CRY!!!!! GIMME DARK BELOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    That shit sounds stupid as hell I pray that's not the expansion name

HoTs
    How exactly is it any more stupid then Mists of Pandaria (MoP)? You're all doing exactly what those who hated "Panda Land" did when the name was announced, making judgements of the expansion purely based on the name alone, and look where that took us.

We had (and still do) threads screaming about how stupid it was, and many people in this thread rebutted them, telling them to relax and stop focusing on the title alone. I'm not sure if this is the expansion name, or even if it is real, but either way i'd be nice for once to see the community react to something without immediately going to extremes and conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrowshire View Post
    http://www.iponz.govt.nz/cms/iponz/a...istered-user#3

According to this, if you choose to represent a company on your account - you have to submit a "Client Access Authority form"

There's also a $150 fee after being verified
    That's if you're legitimately filing as AJ Park on behalf of Blizzard Entertainment – I'm talking about not being sure if the application itself actually has a mandatory requirement that either the applicant or the case contact field contain the information of the registered user. If both of those fields can be edited by any registered user to contain valid information for both Blizzard and AJ Park, then a fraud is still a possibility. Until some brave soul bothers to register and check the limits of the application, we don't know.

That $150 is for verified user registration or the verified trademark itself? If it's for the trademark itself, such a fee was also in place in the EU and didn't stop the fraudulent The Dark Below app from being filed.

That said - it appears, on the surface, that New Zealand's process would make a fraud more difficult than the EU process.
    Last edited by Dispersedshadow; 2013-09-25 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    nooooooooooooooo, shitty name and doesnt have the lore i want ffs blizz if you do this i WILL FUCKING CRY!!!!! GIMME DARK BELOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(
    Exactly the same stance thousands of people took against Mists of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    How did you come to the conclusion the expansion would have no lore just by the name

Wake me up when Blizzcon starts. I burned myself out on the Dark Below thing, I don't have any more energy to speculate.

It definitely sounds more like a Hearthstone expansion to me. My thoughts are the it will coincide with the next WoW expansion. Heroes of the Storm possibly eluding to Azshara and the seas.

Then again, I thought Mists of Pandaria sounded more like a book when it was trademarked. So...

Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    I'd hope they wouldnt do this.

Knowing full well that their customer base uses acronyms for every release and Heart of the Swarm for sc2 already being known as hots.
    Why would an acronym from a completely different game be confusing?

Quote Originally Posted by aSynchro View Post
    Every expansion names so far described the threat or the place we were dealing with.
    While "Heroes of..." obviously is about the players.
    So yeah, Imho it's for something else, probably Hearthstone or another Blizzard games
    like cataclysm? cataclysm wasnt a threat or a place it was an event in history like the sundering.

if heroes of the storm is a world of warcraft expansion we will probably be fighting with or against something that has to do with weather/wind/lighting.

or *puts on tinfoil hat* in the pre event in 5.5 you get the stormcrow mount and you fight along side the druids of the talon who lead the charge against azshara
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552