Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I certainly hope so! That name is great!

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    You are taking the classification too literally. It's a best fit match, never exact.
    For example, the Hearthstone trademark does not mention "downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs" even though it has publicly announced plans as such. And this new one does.
    The information is too conflicted to rule out any product.
    I'm not sure what the trademark laws are in New Zealand, but I do know that classifications in Europe are generally very broad and lenient, whereas classifications in the US are very strict and specific. You need to be very careful that you only trademark *exactly* what your product covers in the US. Not so much in Europe. Again, not sure about NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I guess this explains the Stormcrow mount.
    I actually didn't think of that. Nice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrowshire View Post
    No books, comics, toys, etc are trademarked in NZ. Only services and games. Also, description is computer game
    What, like they have some law where one cannot trademark those things, or simply that Blizzard hasn't done so before? If the latter, wouldn't be that out there for them to start now, just to have this kind of reaction.

Either way, interested to see what this turns into.

I think I speak for everyone when I say this... Half Life 3 confirmed!!!

HAHA, seriously though, Storm Crow for pre-ordering this game would be awesome!

If this is fake, someone went to great measures to trick the New Zealand Trademark Database with substantial enough proof to convince them they're AJ Park and/or Blizzard Entertainment, then pay the fee for the application.
    That's what some said about The Dark Below app in the EU as well – let's hope that the NZ process is as secure as it seems to be from the outside.

Blizzard did say that mists of pandaria was the calm before the storm so this seems plausible to me.

~Thanks to PaulDok for the awesome signature!~

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    this is everything we know about blizzard all stars. the only reason they renamed it in the first place was because they allowed dota 2 to be made and gave up ownership of the dota title (even though they rightfully owned it)

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Blizzard_All-Stars
    And all that info is likely no longer entirely relevant as it's before they expanded its scope, added more developers and rebooted the development.

Deleted
    I hate the words Hero/Heroes, it's lame and cheesy.

Then again, I will be singing Riders on the Storm all expansion so it cancels out the stupid xpack name. Bring it on, AzsharaĄ

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's not this. Previous blizzard expansions names were obvious in terms of location (well cataclysm was tricky one ) so i think it's more likely their dota or something. However imagine if they trademark Rise of the Legion/Ashes of Argus/Flames of Xoroth etc...forums will got crazy becuase it so obvious about where we going

As a few have pointed out, it would be more than a little odd if they had both Heroes of the Storm and Heart of the Swarm. They'd share an acronym.

Deleted
    Sounds lame. Actually, after the lame pandas, I expect everything.

Deleted
    Can we get a time machine and travel 1,5 months forward, please?

Could it be that Blizzard is planning to sell physical boosters for Hearthstone? I dunno, "Heroes of the Storm" really screams "Heroes of Warcraft" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    And all that info is likely no longer entirely relevant as it's before they expanded its scope, added more developers and rebooted the development.
    they never rebooted development, they changed the name for legal reasons and when TITAN got rebooted some of its devs went to work on it to help out.

nothing substantial has changed as far as blizzard has said
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    We've had water, fire, earth and not air yet. Hmmmmmm...

Oh yea and we had some green tea, noodles and talking teddy bears. Please never again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    Could it be that Blizzard is planning to sell physical boosters for Hearthstone? I dunno, "Heroes of the Storm" really screams "Heroes of Warcraft" to me.
    Same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they never rebooted development, they changed the name for legal reasons and when TITAN got rebooted some of its devs went to work on it to help out.

nothing substantial has changed as far as blizzard has said
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...etely-rebooted

Deleted
    after being a bit skeptical with the dark below, im going to be even more skeptical now and say this is an haox for 99% certianty.

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    Then why wouldn't the WoW TCG or the 60 day game cards be trademarked? None of them are games.

You're grasping at straws if you seriously don't think specifically saying one game will come on a disk and the other will not is vague. It's okay to think it's a physical expansion/CE for a closed beta f2p digital only card game or the same for a f2p friends and family alpha at most MOBA but the evidence there is against that
    Ok, trying to make sense of your sentence, but let me spell it out. The fact that it mentions "computer game discs" does NOT mean that this product has to come out on physical discs for the mark to be granted. It means that Blizzard is covering their bases and protecting against that category.
    I've successfully registered a software mark myself, and been through this.
    You made a good find, but claiming that it must be a physical box product is not correct.

P.S. Blizzard claims "computer game discs" in their Blizzard All Stars filing as well, so, yeah.
    http://trademark.markify.com/tradema...stars/85770099
    Last edited by BrerBear; 2013-09-25 at 07:49 AM. Reason: All Stars info
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.