Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    True, I'm not sure how expensive it is to have a lawyer fill out and submit trademark apps.
    Not cheap my lawyer gets 300 an hr so I guess blizz is paying more cause there major corp

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    Not cheap my lawyer gets 300 an hr so I guess blizz is paying more cause there major corp
    I dunno, they would have lawyers on retainer so I'd think they'd be paid the same regardless of a little additional workload. Even if they were, I doubt it would take more than an hour or two for a competent trademark lawyer to fill out 2 US trademark apps and submit 1 app to the OHIM, especially when you consider it all would have been done through e-filing.

Also, keep in mind that even if it cost them say 2k this marketing ploy would only need to sell 50 more Virtual Tickets to break even, which I don't think is a huge risk.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-09-27 at 10:08 AM.

I dunno, they would have lawyers on retainer so I'd think they'd be paid the same regardless of a little additional workload. Even if they were, I doubt it would take more than an hour or two for a competent trademark lawyer to fill out 2 US trademark apps and submit 1 app to the OHIM, especially when you consider it all would have been done through e-filing.

Also, keep in mind that even if it cost them say 2k this marketing ploy would only need to sell 50 more Virtual Tickets to break even, which I don't think is a huge risk.

Yea but we don't no how it cost in overseas to trade mark and lawyer fees

But if blizz is looking to hype up the game there going the right way. I was very against the dark below but maybe it can add some new flavor like mist did. I'm just here to play a game really I just love to play and explorer tho I'd love to get off world for once. I'll be happy for something new and new place tho I hope they leave dream alone.

- - - Updated - - -

It was ghost crawler that said book mark ever page that had speculation and see which was write so that might so one peg it or no is close to it

Lame name on itself, but the abbrev 'HotS' is convenient.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Yea if this is the name boy is it odd

15+ Year Old Account
    Like many others, I find the name quite cheesy.

I liked "The Dark Below", but that doesn't help if the theme doesn't fit the name .

Looking forward to see what the next expansion is.

Yea me to I'll be watching very closely

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I think this one came out better than my Dark Below one.
    I thought your TDB one was great.

I thought your TDB one was great.
    Thank you.

Registered in EU as well (in case you didnt noticed yet):

Quote Originally Posted by MrWilson View Post
    So it begins.

So it begins.
    And then a shadow fell.

It was vast and empty and swallowed all light that entered it. Velen knew it would be all
    consuming until, at last, it would turn and devour itself, endlessly gnawing on nothing in the
    Great Dark Beyond, removing all meaning from the universe, from the most heart-breaking
    sonata to the most arresting sunset. It was too terrible to see, to comprehend, and yet the
    army headed straight for it. And the light began to fade...

Quote Originally Posted by MrWilson View Post
    Hum, it's filed as Nice classes 9, 16 and 41. None of the WoW expansions are 16.

For the record, 16 is
    Printed matter, namely, Comic books, strategy guides, trading cards, manuals for computer games, coloring books, adhesive stickers, rub-on transfers, notebooks, stationery-type portfolios, posters, greeting cards, calendars, instructional leaflets, advertisement boards of paper or cardboard, catalogues, photographs, art prints.
    Weird. They didn't bother with this for WoW, why do it now?

Just so we're clear, it's also classified as software, so it's unlikely to just be a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Hum, it's filed as Nice classes 9, 16 and 41. None of the WoW expansions are 16.

For the record, 16 is

Weird. They didn't bother with this for WoW, why do it now?

Just so we're clear, it's also classified as software, so it's unlikely to just be a comic.
    It's to cover things like the packaged material for the physical copy of the game.. manuals.. posters and assorted text items for blizzcon, stuff from the the store, etc.

Printed matter, namely, Comic books, strategy guides, trading cards, manuals for computer games, coloring books, adhesive stickers, rub-on transfers, notebooks, stationery-type portfolios, posters, greeting cards, calendars, instructional leaflets, advertisement boards of paper or cardboard, catalogues, photographs, art prints.
    Heart of the Swarm
    Blizzard All-stars
    "WOW"
    Wings of Liberty
    Legacy of the Void
    Starcraft
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Diablo
    Frozen Throne
    Warcraft
    and Cataclysm

Are all also filed as Nice 16 as part of their CTM classification.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-09-27 at 12:38 PM.

On the other hand, World of Warcraft and Mists of Pandaria aren't.

Seems kinda random.

On the other hand, World of Warcraft and Mists of Pandaria aren't.

Seems kinda random.
    It's probably done on the basis of things that might be troublesome later.

Warcraft is a trademarked word already under Nice 16 protection, so it's unnecessary to also protect "World of Warcraft" since the "warcraft" is the important part there, not the "world of" (e.g. World of tanks, World of Goo, etc). Pandaria is an established location in the IP, so it's possible they just figured it was unnecessary to put additional protection on it.

Or something.
    I don't know, I'm not a lawyer.

Maybe it has already been brought up. Couldn't be arsed reading 30 pages. But could the heroes reference to Alleria and Turalyon? Both heroes of the 2nd war. And the storm would be the storm to come, return of the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by godded View Post
    Maybe it has already been brought up. Couldn't be arsed reading 30 pages. But could the heroes reference to Alleria and Turalyon? Both heroes of the 2nd war. And the storm would be the storm to come, return of the legion.
    Yes, it's been brought up as the obvious conclusion.

With the tiny little caveat that we can't even confirm that it has any connection to WarCraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by godded View Post
    Could be. Could also be something completely different. Which is pretty much the main problem, we have no idea what it's about. It's so generic that you can't really connect it to anything with any kind of certainty.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-09-27 at 12:53 PM.

With the tiny little caveat that we can't even confirm that it has any connection to WarCraft at all.
    I was skeptical at first because it's a rather silly sounding name, but I thought that about mists at first too and now I feel sort of alright about H-Storm (H-Storm is the new DaLow, deal with it.) Anyway, when you really think about it, wow is probably the obvious use for it if it's real... Unlikely they'd be trademarking some random "expansion" for Hearthstone, when the game seems to be set up for content to be delivered via patches and revenue from micro-transactions... Diablo 3 just had its expansion announced, the two SCII expansions are already known... so unless they're planning a brief sneak peak and name reveal for Titan at Blizzcon, or have a second new game in development besides Hearthstone... Wow seems like the likely candidate.