Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    How exactly only now they're begining the coalesced realm stuff?

At least on Brazilian realms, you can see ppl from other realms in timeless isle, creating groups for Celestials and Ordos (and basically lagged the entire place on 1st week). There is even the info in their tooltips when you mouse over these players "coalesced realm, xxxxxx", etc.

We could even think it was just realid friends grouping with someone of that server, but... so many of them??? To the point of creating such a lag making the isle unplayable on the 1st week?? We're not talking about 3, 5, 10 players around the isle... more like 80+. The Celestial Court was... omg.

It still irks me that they had months and months during PTR time to have people looking into what would be the best realms to connect, and they waited till afterwards to start figuring it out it feels like?

That shit should have been ready to do within the first week if not on patch day itself, or at the least a list so people knew what to plan for and if they wasn't happy, a free transfer or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotica View Post
    It still irks me that they had months and months during PTR time to have people looking into what would be the best realms to connect, and they waited till afterwards to start figuring it out it feels like?
    The patch brought players back, changing the population balance. They also wanted to ensure any other unrelated issues were taken care of first.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Seems like an interesting trademark.
    You should just start writing first at this point.

Blizzard going to handheld devices, now?
    If Jay Wilson is involved expect some unlockables on WoW, BioEAre-Style.
    Yeah, I'm pessimist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawss View Post
    Only me that noticed the "Mists of Pandaria" artwork was from Cataclysm instead?
    ^ This. A few people are talking about the artwork.. it's some of the Tier 13 Concept Art. It's no way related to current X-pac, and I'm glad the Priest T-13 changed to what it is now

Love the art samples. It is cool to see their thought process when making that stuff.

Deleted
    I sure hope they don't overreact and infract people who bought the items. I din't have the bug so I din't abuse it, but I know I would have if I had had the bug!

Just realised that the guild progression chart is colour coordinated by faction. I thought it was just red names because it went nicely with the black background.. ^^

Chinese 10 man guild already have 13/14.

Paragon is currently leading EU/US with 12/14, not the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Chinese 10 man guild already have 13/14.

Paragon is currently leading EU/US with 12/14, not the world.
    Nobody's celebrating the Paragons' victories over Paragon ... Something strange about Paragon on Paragon fighting though; seems like they'd know the fight really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Meil View Post
    ^ This. A few people are talking about the artwork.. it's some of the Tier 13 Concept Art. It's no way related to current X-pac, and I'm glad the Priest T-13 changed to what it is now
    Black and White with Gold metallic accents would look great, though.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The patch brought players back, changing the population balance. They also wanted to ensure any other unrelated issues were taken care of first.
    Please, what a joke. They have had many dead realms for over a year now, this needed to happen a long time ago. The only reason it had not been happening is because this was one massive cash grab. The reason it's happening now is because it got to the point more people were just quitting then giving into Blizzard's absurd server transfer fees.

The fact they are rolling this out so slow is pathetic. Shows once again just how little of concern Blizzard has for it's customers. They know and have said that the players on these dead realms have been getting a worse playing experience then those on healthy realms. What did they do? Nothing till now when it got to the tipping point of costing them more then they were bringing in with the server transfer fees. They know which servers are dead, been dead and they knew 5.4 wouldn't be bringing enough people back to save most of those servers and many people wouldn't be back due to not wanting to play on a dead server. This should of gone out live with 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    The fact they are rolling this out so slow is pathetic. Shows once again just how little of concern Blizzard has for it's customers.
    Like so many whiny, immature, "GIMME GIMME GIMME" WoW players of today, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You have no idea how complex or risky such an operation is. You're probably one of those people who thinks that a guild transfer is akin to a "copy paste" and that you could write some "code" in Visual Basic or JavaScript that would solve complex server problems with a single if-then statement. You have no idea whatsoever what it takes to create a release like patch 5.4, or the connected realms system, but because you want it NOW, everyone working on it at Blizzard must either be stupid, ignorant, or have an ulterior motive. It never ceases to amaze me how people like you put this stuff together. Blizzard has all the information, you have almost none, but still, when something doesn't work out exactly the way you want or expect, then it must be that you know everything and Blizzard is SO lazy / ignorant for not realizing they could just flip a switch and do it your way. It never occurs to you that, given the VAST gap of knowledge and experience on the product, there might be factors in play that you aren't aware of. Like Blizzard employees are sitting around saying, "You know what's a great way to make more money? Pissing people off just because we can!". (Then you'll turn around in a week and claim Blizzard is "greedy" because they enjoy continuing to make money off their product.)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    What did they do? Nothing till now when it got to the tipping point of costing them more then they were bringing in with the server transfer fees.
    You're right, they didn't continually offer free transfers between various realms, create cross-realm battlegrounds, create cross-realm arenas, create cross-realm dungeons, add in a powerful cross-realm grouping tool, create cross-realm raiding, create a system for hosting cross-realm raiding groups, spend over a year developing the complex cross-realm zones system, develop a system to incentivize players to provide needed support roles across all realms in a group, create an entire tier of content just for region-wide raiding, develop a system allowing players to party with friends on any realm in the region and play any content with them, changed said system from a premium benefit for WoW Remote subscribers, to a free perk every player gets, spend significant resources to add the capability for entire guilds to transfer or faction change together, and now, spent god knows how long (probably more than 6 months, given how long CRZ supposedly took) on connected realms which had to have been complicated as hell seeing as how it breaks pretty much every unique naming constraint the game used to have (character name, guild name, etc).

I'm sure, for some twisted reasons in your mind, none of that counts - probably because it isn't exactly what you wanted (or as you'll say, "everyone") - so "they did nothing" becomes a valid statement. Yeah, right.

And before you think about a retort that involves some lame attempt to claim you have some kind of expertise in the field (i.e., "I'm an IT Professional", or "I work for a 'company' that makes 'games'...", or my personal favorite, "I run a private server"), think carefully about the level of knowledge you've already illustrated...

Quote Originally Posted by CastSeven View Post
    Like so many whiny, immature, "GIMME GIMME GIMME" WoW players of today, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You have no idea how complex or risky such an operation is. You're probably one of those people who thinks that a guild transfer is akin to a "copy paste" and that you could write some "code" in Visual Basic or JavaScript that would solve complex server problems with a single if-then statement. You have no idea whatsoever what it takes to create a release like patch 5.4, or the connected realms system, but because you want it NOW, everyone working on it at Blizzard must either be stupid, ignorant, or have an ulterior motive. It never ceases to amaze me how people like you put this stuff together. Blizzard has all the information, you have almost none, but still, when something doesn't work out exactly the way you want or expect, then it must be that you know everything and Blizzard is SO lazy / ignorant for not realizing they could just flip a switch and do it your way. It never occurs to you that, given the VAST gap of knowledge and experience on the product, there might be factors in play that you aren't aware of. Like Blizzard employees are sitting around saying, "You know what's a great way to make more money? Pissing people off just because we can!". (Then you'll turn around in a week and claim Blizzard is "greedy" because they enjoy continuing to make money off their product.)

You're right, they didn't continually offer free transfers between various realms, create cross-realm battlegrounds, create cross-realm arenas, create cross-realm dungeons, add in a powerful cross-realm grouping tool, create cross-realm raiding, create a system for hosting cross-realm raiding groups, spend over a year developing the complex cross-realm zones system, develop a system to incentivize players to provide needed support roles across all realms in a group, create an entire tier of content just for region-wide raiding, develop a system allowing players to party with friends on any realm in the region and play any content with them, changed said system from a premium benefit for WoW Remote subscribers, to a free perk every player gets, spend significant resources to add the capability for entire guilds to transfer or faction change together, and now, spent god knows how long (probably more than 6 months, given how long CRZ supposedly took) on connected realms which had to have been complicated as hell seeing as how it breaks pretty much every unique naming constraint the game used to have (character name, guild name, etc).

I'm sure, for some twisted reasons in your mind, none of that counts - probably because it isn't exactly what you wanted (or as you'll say, "everyone") - so "they did nothing" becomes a valid statement. Yeah, right.

And before you think about a retort that involves some lame attempt to claim you have some kind of expertise in the field (i.e., "I'm an IT Professional", or "I work for a 'company' that makes 'games'...", or my personal favorite, "I run a private server"), think carefully about the level of knowledge you've already illustrated...
    Just to start: This has been a problem for YEARS. Not once did they offer transfers off the dead servers for free to more active ones, not a single time.

The features you listed while nice for some didn't solve the problems of low population servers for a large amount of people. It maybe very hard to do what they have done but at any time they could of offered free transfers off the dead servers, any time they wanted. They choose to not do so, they choose to provide people on those servers a sub par gaming experience, they admit that.

As for wanting it now, well yes many of the people on these servers do want it right fucking now because they have been dealing with it for years. Years of sub par gaming experience. I think when that's the case it's pretty eazy to understand how people could be fed up and tired of Blizzard doing things in a slow manner. The truth is this should of came out the moment the patch went live. This is yet one more tier many people are not going to be able to fully take part in because they are getting a late start due to being stuck on a dead server.

Also please do not try to act as if Blizzard offering services they charge for as being some kinda of good thing to those on dead servers. Being able to server transfer yourself or entire guilds is something Blizzard profited off of. The tools you mention did not go near far enough to solve the problems the players on dead servers have been suffering with. So feel free to white kinight on behalf of Blizzard who has really given those on these servers real shitty choices to deal with the problem and only now has come in to solve it when it reached the point it was losing them more then they could keep gouging out of those stuck on these servers.

Thanks for the info!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice post. Thanks!

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neptuno View Post
    Nobody's celebrating the Paragons' victories over Paragon ... Something strange about Paragon on Paragon fighting though; seems like they'd know the fight really well.
    Maybe they're distracted by trying to figure out which one of them Ka'roz is based on...
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

10+ Year Old Account
    [url=http://www.sparklersrus.com/]sparklers for weddings[/url]
    nice i really like this game

- - - Updated - - -

i really like this game