1. #1

    Talent Swap Macro Help

    Just looking for some macro text that would allow me in a click or 2 clicks to swap talents. Often times I find myself swapping talents and accidently leave talents unlearned. Would anyone know a talent swap macro for Soul link to sacrificial Pact?

  2. #2
    I'm not sure Blizzard allows that. That would basically mean you can automate talent-swapping.

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans Cyrops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    US Eonar
    Posts
    2,563
    WoWWiki lists a call for "LearnTalent" so you could write a macro to learn talents. But there is no info (if the info on wiki is up to date) on how to unlearn the talent.

  4. #4
    Currently the UnlearnTalent is protected and can thus not be reached from a macro.

    I attempted with a script that right clicked the frame and accepted the unlearn dialogue. But I was unable to make it succesful.

  5. #5
    This works fine for unlearning Soul Link and Learning Sacrificial Pact:

    Code:
    /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsTalentRow3Talent2
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    /in 1 /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsLearnButton
    Reverse with:
    Code:
    /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsTalentRow3Talent1
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    /in 1 /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsLearnButton
    Only works OOC ofc.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire Drefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    This works fine for unlearning Soul Link and Learning Sacrificial Pact:

    Code:
    /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsTalentRow3Talent2
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    /in 1 /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsLearnButton
    Reverse with:
    Code:
    /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsTalentRow3Talent1
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    /in 1 /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsLearnButton
    Only works OOC ofc.
    Hey! This partially works for me, I unlearn the first talent, but when learning the second nothing happens and I've to click it myself. Any chance of making that step unnecessary?
    Last edited by Drefan; 2013-09-26 at 12:50 AM.

  7. #7
    Brewmaster shanthi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Drefan View Post
    Hey! This partially works for me, I unlearn the first talent, but when learning the second nothing happens and I've to click it myself. Any chance of making that step unnecessary?
    I believe you need an addon to use /in commands, like: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/slash-in
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire Drefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I believe you need an addon to use /in commands, like: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/slash-in
    Thanks a lot! It's working perfectly now

  9. #9
    Brewmaster Axelond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,288
    Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    This works fine for unlearning Soul Link and Learning Sacrificial Pact:

    Code:
    /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsTalentRow3Talent2
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    /in 1 /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsLearnButton
    Reverse with:
    Code:
    /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsTalentRow3Talent1
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    /in 1 /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsLearnButton
    Only works OOC ofc.
    Is it possible to make it a toggle macro like for the standard spec swapping macro? /usetalents [spec:1]2;1
    or do you run into the problem with max chars?

    I am running really low on macro slots and always try and compress everything

  10. #10
    Yes, unfortunately without the /in command the "Learn Talents" button press would occur too fast and thus not happen at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •