Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    The whole game is still out there for you. Patches are not meant to cancel out everything released before them. Even expansions don't fully do that.

Deleted
    Buy GTA 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This question popped into my mind today after realizing that I'm done with the Timless Isle (both in rewards and in having fun).
    Do you guys think we will get some more content between now and the next expansion? Or will this be it from the next ~10 months !?

I flex Raid once a week and I love it, but outside of that I seem to be out of fun or meaningfull things to do right now.

P.s. yes, I play other games too, but I like to have a reason to log into WoW aswell
    If you know you have 10 months to complete the content, why don't you pace yourself better? Yes Blizzard should release content faster, but if you are way ahead of the curve then you yourself should also take some responsibility.

P.s I'm sure there is other things to do, I find it hard to believe your main character has done everything WoW has to offer ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Buy GTA 5?
    Yea did that and done beat it

I'm a bit confused. How much non-raid content beyond raids are people expecting in each raid patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Timeless Isle doesn't involve any grinding at all. You show up, kill a few mobs while walking around, and leave with full epics for your main and all your alts. I came back on a free week of play time, hopped on the isle with my one character for about two hours a day, and left with an almost full MS and OS of gears for my main, as well as one complete set for one alt, and several partial (5+ pieces) for 3 other alts.
    You have incredible luck then.

And the whole grind comes into play with coins, saving up for a trinket, and / or getting rep.

10 months without WoW saves you a load of money. My free seven days are soon over, I'm quite done with Timeless Isle, got my cloak, noodle cart and stuff, I'll subscribe to one more month when LFR is fully open and that's it for Pandaria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    The whole game is still out there for you. Patches are not meant to cancel out everything released before them. Even expansions don't fully do that.
    Actually they do. Everything before current patch is easier, everything below current expansion is trivial.

There is no fun in doing trivial content. When I was tired of doing current content, I tried doing level 70 content (heroic dungeons and some raids) for fun on my old level 70 blue geared priest. Even in TBC on T6/SWP geared characters it was harder than in blue geared level 70 today. Balance below max level has never been as bad as it is now.

So there is no challenging content other than current content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metacrias View Post
    We can only ask so much of Blizzard when it comes to patches; resources are finite!

Though, perhaps Blizzard should consider hiring a small team to make much more frequent, much smaller patches which offer small amounts of new content in a piecemeal fashion. Maybe add a few new rares with some interesting gear one week, add a new set of daily quests another. Keep a small team strictly dedicated to it so it doesn't impede work on major patches and the next expansion.
    I think this is actually the plan. They've said that they want to deliver monthly content patches, and raid patches every 3-5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I'm a bit confused. How much non-raid content beyond raids are people expecting in each raid patch?
    Well they used to put out 1-3 heroic dungeons with each patch. This release they've put out around 0 for every patch. Does that clear up your confusion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Well they used to put out 1-3 heroic dungeons with each patch. This release they've put out around 0 for every patch. Does that clear up your confusion?
    The current "heroic" 5-mans suck. No use having more of them until they have a decent difficulty again.

Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    The current "heroic" 5-mans suck. No use having more of them until they have a decent difficulty again.
    Heroic Scenarios (which, btw, folks on my server are inept enough to request ilvl 530 for) are your filler replacement for 5 mans. If there's any area where this expansion is the absolute worst of the worst, it's dungeon implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This question popped into my mind today after realizing that I'm done with the Timless Isle (both in rewards and in having fun).
    Do you guys think we will get some more content between now and the next expansion? Or will this be it from the next ~10 months !?

I flex Raid once a week and I love it, but outside of that I seem to be out of fun or meaningfull things to do right now.

P.s. yes, I play other games too, but I like to have a reason to log into WoW aswell
    and you have not even attempted the acceptable levels of group activity yet. plenty to do.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Well, you can do what everyone does at the end of an expansion:

-Level all your alts to 90
    -Go in an achievement hunt
    -Farm mounts from old content
    -Start Raiding (heroics?)

But otherwise, I know what you mean about the Isle. Don't get me wrong, I love it, it's well design, no daily, alot of rares and events, somewhat "difficult" mobs (that requires more than just gear, like moving out of fire, swipes, boulders). But after a little while, you are wondering why you just keep killing the monsters there. Apart from achievements and gearing alts, there's no real incentive to go there after a week or two, because it stays the same.

To me, the isle could definitely use some randomness and more events (like ship). Maybe have them rotate from each other. So that for people that go back, it will feel like a new experience "every time".

Deleted
    You have the world in your hands, its up to you what you will do with it. You have countless options, pve, pvp, achieving stuff with main or leveling alts..

And yes, I am like 95% sure there will be small 5.5 patch.

I have to wonder how much people play on average. If you play WoW every day for 4-6+ hours, I do not know how you expect any amount of content to sustain you - especially if you're being choosy on raid difficulties, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulu View Post
    I have to wonder how much people play on average. If you play WoW every day for 4-6+ hours, I do not know how you expect any amount of content to sustain you - especially if you're being choosy on raid difficulties, etc.
    A lot more than they'll ever admit.

On the forums at least, some of the biggest advocates of the 'please make this less time consuming, I have a job-wife-kids' schtick are also the ones with 6+ level 90's, 4 of which are raid geared.

It's rather laughable, really.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    A lot more than they'll ever admit.

On the forums at least, some of the biggest advocates of the 'please make this less time consuming, I have a job-wife-kids' schtick are also the ones with 6+ level 90's, 4 of which are raid geared.

It's rather laughable, really.
    Just because a casual is logged on for 4-6 hours a night doesn't mean they're playing. I'll be logged on for four hours but I'm leaving the game for 10 minute stretches every 20 minutes or so to help my kids out with their homework or to take out garbage or to help cook dinner or to eat with the family. Even the most casual of raids isn't going to tolerate that, and I don't blame them. I could get away with designating about 30 minutes to an hour as a "no distractions allowed" block, but I can't arbitrarily do 2-4 solid hours on any given night in good conscience. Someday you'll understand. Until then keep laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Timeless Isle doesn't involve any grinding at all. You show up, kill a few mobs while walking around, and leave with full epics for your main and all your alts. I came back on a free week of play time, hopped on the isle with my one character for about two hours a day, and left with an almost full MS and OS of gears for my main, as well as one complete set for one alt, and several partial (5+ pieces) for 3 other alts.

That wasn't grinding, it was being handed free epics. No effort, no skill, just free epics for riding around on an island for two hours a day max.

Additionally, I was able to use said main to see every raid that had happened to that point via LFR. I even saw the first wing of SoO. There is no longevity in this game, even with not grinding. This game is officially dead unless they bring the challenge back, and not just as an option.
    So being able to enter the easiest difficulty made you know anything about challenge?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Seeing as MOP's patch cycle has been way faster than any previous expansion it seems kind of silly to use previous expansions as a base line for this kind of thing. Just because Blizzard haven't announced the next expansion doesn't mean they aren't far along it. Wouldn't be surprised if we got an extensive demo and the beta released at Blizzcon.
    It's not silly at all. While we got patches more frequently, raid tiers still lasted a minimum of 6 months, just as they have in previous expansions. Go to wowpedia and look up patch cycles for the previous expansions.

All MoP really did was add some content in between raid tiers to give the illusion that content was coming out faster than ever before. It really isn't.