Deleted

Just started INSANITY

Hey guys, I'm unemployed at the moment so I've tried to put my spare time into something useful. Bought INSANITY a week ago, started it on Monday. I wouldn't say I was unfit (I play a lot of Football and Tennis) but I wouldn't say I was super fit either.

Just thought I would share my first few days with you.

Holy fuck. This is by far the most straining cardio I've done in my life. I absolutely love it so far. The high you get when you complete a workout is incredible. Those power jumps! Holy feck. I nearly died.

Anyone else doing INSANITY at the moment or completed it? Got any before/after photos?

Cheers!

Deleted
    I have done it before, it was fantastic for cardio but made me lose muscle, I would recommend it for general fitness though.

A friend loaned it to me back in the day it was alright for a few weeks but I just leaned up didn't build muscle.

Only thing I would add is be careful with your knees. I did this a few years back and had no knee problems and after it now my knee is all messed up. Both my wife and I had the same problems after doing these workouts. When I did it I was not completely out of shape but I guess the high impact stuff screwed me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I have done it before, it was fantastic for cardio but made me lose muscle, I would recommend it for general fitness though.
    With that kind of intensity, you'd have to eat loads of extra calories to keep building muscle, as you only build muscle when you have a surplus of calories, if you are burning masses with very high intensity workouts, then you'll drop weight fast, but wont bulk much if at all.

High intensity interval training (HIIT) like insanity can be great to lean out but to build muscle you still have to lift. Check out some of the 7-4-7 workouts. They are a great combination with HIIT.