PvP first time since Cata

I'm not great at PvP, but I'm not terrible either -- just haven't cared for it in WoW because of the imbalance.

Anyway, I decided to give PvP another try (for the nice-looking season 14 gear); haven't done any since Cata season 11 (the last time I thought the Priest gear looked good enough to PvP for some).

Dear lord things are more imbalanced than ever.

(This is in Shadow spec, btw)
    Things that really irked me (these are all one on one):
    • My fears get canceled/fail immediately (if they even land in the first place) -- even when chained between Psyfiend and Psychic Scream. Even classes with no dispel/bubble/cloak seem to clear these instantly and repeatedly.
    • Melee (esp. Warriors it seems nowadays) have so many stuns/silences/disorients/you name it that it's nigh impossible to fight if they get close. Had several times when I was incapacitated in some way or another from 100% to 0%.
    • Healing abilities for classes with no healing spec are over the top. I know nothing about Hunters (one of the two classes I don't play) but a Hunter outhealed my damage one on one. A Hunter!

I know little about the new PvP Power system, but it seems like with the baseline 72% resilience that I'd just be better off using my PvE gear, which is 30+ ilvls better.

So I got my Grievous Gladiator shoulders. And am incredibly disappointed that the "wing" animation is near-invisible in shadowform. /sad

I'm really disappoined with Shadow in 5.4 PVP so far. The shield is weak, the healing is weak and they've nerfed SW: Pain by 15% for some reason! God I hate Warriors right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyce View Post
    (This is in Shadow spec, btw)
    Things that really irked me (these are all one on one):
    • My fears get canceled/fail immediately (if they even land in the first place) -- even when chained between Psyfiend and Psychic Scream. Even classes with no dispel/bubble/cloak seem to clear these instantly and repeatedly.
    • Melee (esp. Warriors it seems nowadays) have so many stuns/silences/disorients/you name it that it's nigh impossible to fight if they get close. Had several times when I was incapacitated in some way or another from 100% to 0%.
    • Healing abilities for classes with no healing spec are over the top. I know nothing about Hunters (one of the two classes I don't play) but a Hunter outhealed my damage one on one. A Hunter!

I know little about the new PvP Power system, but it seems like with the baseline 72% resilience that I'd just be better off using my PvE gear, which is 30+ ilvls better.
    There's your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    There's your problem.
    Are you suggesting that its hard for a warrior to get close and stick to their target?