Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dome View Post
    Just to note, this is a focus on Bedouins, not Palestinians. Many Bedouins serve in the Israeli army, and there is an entire Bedouin tracking unit in the Israeli army with Muslim Arab Bedouins. They aren't obligated, but many volunteer. They have been crucial in neutralizing terrorists that have infiltrated southern Israel from the Sinai in recent years, and their services are greatly appreciated in Israel.

When you understand this, the story isn't anymore "Racist Israelis wake up one morning, decide to destroy random Bedouin village for the lulz." Israel has also destroyed Jewish settlements built in the West Bank without Israeli permits when Israel's High Court have ruled them illegal, after years of legal deliberations. I'm not referring to unilateral moves, like the Gaza evacuation, where Israel removed all settlements from Gaza in the hopes of advancing the peace process. I'm referring to cases where the courts have ruled certain areas as having been built without the proper permits, the cases have been ongoing for years, resources are being used for free without the legal framework, etc. It can/does happen to a Bedouin village, a Palestinian village, a Jewish village, a Martian village (ok not the last one)...

I haven't discussed other substances of the article - who is right, the nature of the diplomats, confrontation or not, etc. But I would like to point out that this isn't some sinister plot conceived while sitting on the toilet designed to make others suffer.
    The beduins weren't Israeli.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    If you are interested in ACCURATE news about Israel read this http://www.israelhayom.com/site/today.php news paper.
    Are you being serious?
    "While in the Prime Minister's office, Ehud Olmert criticized Adelson's leaning towards Benjamin Netanyahu.[6][7] Ben-Dror Yemini has described the paper as "a danger to democracy".[8][9] A study conducted by Moran Rada showed that while competing newspapers' coverage of Netanyahu was "not especially fair", Yisrael Hayom's coverage was biased in favor of Netanyahu in most editorial decisions, that the paper chooses to play down events that don't help to promote a positive image for Netanyahu, while on the other hand, touting and inflating events that help promote Netanyahu and the Likud.[10] Oren Frisco reached the same conclusion after the 2009 Knesset elections, writing that throughout the campaign, Yisrael HaYom published only one article critical of the Likud, and tens of articles critical of Kadima.[11]"
    Proven to be biased? This is what you consider fair source?

- - - Updated - - -

What makes it racist is the fact that you are lying in order to cause more hate towards the Jews of Israel and it is not much different from what the Nazi's did in the der sturmer newspaper saying the jews made their Maza's from Christian blood, that is why you are a racist.

Did you guys know that one of the so called peaceful diplomat slapped an officer?
    is that how a diplomat should act? with violence?
    They intended to cause this provocation since they could of easly contacted the military and pass what they wanted to pass without any interference, yes it is that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Haaretz encourages people to throw stones on soldiers, you really do not want to rely on such a newspaper.
    You can clearly see in the video the slapping happened after the French diplomat gets back up. Not before. Didn't they say that on israelhayom?

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    The Beduin's ARE Israeli's who ever lives in Israel (Jewish or not) and has a citizenship is Israeli, 20% of the citizen's in Israel are not Jewish, kind of ruins your theory Djalil,
    May I ask you where are you from Djalil?

Deleted
    The Beduin's ARE Israeli's who ever lives in Israel (Jewish or not) and has a citizenship is Israeli, 20% of the citizen's in Israel are not Jewish, kind of ruins your theory Djalil,
    May I ask you where are you from Djalil?
    THIS beduins in this report. This wasn't Israeli land. Western European.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you being serious?
    "While in the Prime Minister's office, Ehud Olmert criticized Adelson's leaning towards Benjamin Netanyahu.[6][7] Ben-Dror Yemini has described the paper as "a danger to democracy".[8][9] A study conducted by Moran Rada showed that while competing newspapers' coverage of Netanyahu was "not especially fair", Yisrael Hayom's coverage was biased in favor of Netanyahu in most editorial decisions, that the paper chooses to play down events that don't help to promote a positive image for Netanyahu, while on the other hand, touting and inflating events that help promote Netanyahu and the Likud.[10] Oren Frisco reached the same conclusion after the 2009 Knesset elections, writing that throughout the campaign, Yisrael HaYom published only one article critical of the Likud, and tens of articles critical of Kadima.[11]"
    Proven to be biased? This is what you consider fair source?

- - - Updated - - -

You can clearly see in the video the slapping happened after the French diplomat gets back up. Not before. Didn't they say that on israelhayom?
    It was also stated that the diplomats layed on the ground without being told to do so, they protested that way, and randomly she got up and slapped the soldier, so stop twisting facts.

And about the newpaper I posted, the other newpaper's got stressed when IsraelHayom started giving newspapers for free, so they done what ever they could to harm its name, however as of today it is the most accurate newspaper out there, aaa and another thing Ehud Olmert is standing for justice for corruption, not a good example on your side.

Deleted
    It was also stated that the diplomats layed on the ground without being told to do so, they protested that way, and randomly she got up and slapped the soldier, so stop twisting facts.

And about the newpaper I posted, the other newpaper's got stressed when IsraelHayom started giving newspapers for free, so they done what ever they could to harm its name, however as of today it is the most accurate newspaper out there, aaa and another thing Ehud Olmert is standing for justice for corruption, not a good example on your side.
    Ok first off stated by who exactly? Government sources?
    Secondly about the newspaper you mentioned, what has Olmert to do with what I wrote?
    " A study conducted by Moran Rada showed that while competing newspapers' coverage of Netanyahu was "not especially fair", Yisrael Hayom's coverage was biased in favor of Netanyahu in most editorial decisions, that the paper chooses to play down events that don't help to promote a positive image for Netanyahu, while on the other hand, touting and inflating events that help promote Netanyahu and the Likud.[10] Oren Frisco reached the same conclusion after the 2009 Knesset elections, writing that throughout the campaign, Yisrael HaYom published only one article critical of the Likud, and tens of articles critical of Kadima."

- - - Updated - - -

So basically what you're saying is screw the Jerusalem post and haaretz only a true neoconservative proven to be biased newspaper like israelhayom brings in real news?
    That's not really fair you know?

Djalil you forgot to quote this ""While in the Prime Minister's office, Ehud Olmert criticized Adelson's leaning towards Benjamin Netanyahu."

And that phrase has everything to do with your claims towards Israelhayom which is owned by Sheldon Adelson, so you have a corrupted prime minister bashing a news paper, and about the other's that are bashing it they work at Haaretz it is only natural that they would bash their competitor,

What makes Haaretz and the Jerusalem post so irrelevant to what happens here in Israel is the fact that there is only 1 opinion in it and that is not how a good newspaper should work.

This movie is in Hebrew however I am sure you can understand where it is going, this is how Haaretz is advertising itself, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rAqF...has_verified=1
    would you consider that being a serious newspaper?

Deleted
    Djalil you forgot to quote this ""While in the Prime Minister's office, Ehud Olmert criticized Adelson's leaning towards Benjamin Netanyahu."

And that phrase has everything to do with your claims towards Israelhayom which is owned by Sheldon Adelson, so you have a corrupted prime minister bashing a news paper, and about the other's that are bashing it they work at Haaretz it is only natural that they would bash their competitor,

What makes Haaretz and the Jerusalem post so irrelevant to what happens here in Israel is the fact that there is only 1 opinion in it and that is not how a good newspaper should work.

This movie is in Hebrew however I am sure you can understand where it is going, this is how Haaretz is advertising itself, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rAqF...has_verified=1
    would you consider that being a serious newspaper?
    So they are all corrupt and twisted! All apart your newspaper that I repeat has been proven by studies to be biased towards Netanyahu?
    Oh the studies were corrupted too weren't they?
    Mmmmmhok...

So they are all corrupt and twisted! All apart your newspaper that I repeat has been proven by studies to be biased towards Netanyahu?
    Oh the studies were corrupted too weren't they?
    Mmmmmhok...
    I never said they were corrupt, both of the newspapers you read are not balanced,
    you can read yediot aharonot or maariv,
    those 2 are pretty good aswell,

Just for your personal knowledge when you write something or quote someone do not twist it to your liking or post half truths.

Deleted
    I never said they were corrupt, both of the newspapers you read are not balanced,
    you can read yediot aharonot or maariv,
    those 2 are pretty good aswell,

Just for your personal knowledge when you write something or quote someone do not twist it to your liking or post half truths.
    To be honest and with all due respect, I don't feel like taking lessons from someone that says Israel hayom is a proper newspaper
    Take it as an intellectual jab.

Mind pointing out an example of me twisting facts?

Jerusalem post and haaretz not good enough?
    Good enough, since they agree with your views on the issue.
    Both of those papers, honestly, are under constant fire for giving a certain anti-Israeli twist to most of their news.
    Even then, those are actual newspapers, and despite them painting a twisted truth, at least they check their sources, instead of posting random banter as "A government official said" or "According to a friend of the Prime Minister...", like Mondoweiss does whenever they simply lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Mind pointing out an example of me twisting facts?
    Of course!
    So basically this group of European diplomats, not free gaza or hippies or communists, decided to bring primary goods to the residents of a village that was demolished flat for the simple reason of being basically in the way.
    Illegal buildings, with no permits, which had already been taken down...
    That is twisting the truth. You could've said "Residents of a ramshackle hut village which was demolished for the second time in the last weeks for having no legal permits to build on that specific piece of land". But of course, it is more provocative if you make THEM look like the poor scared puppies running under the wheels.

Most of your posts (And I'm not kidding!) are twisted truths... Of course, they may seem twisted to us, living in reality... But I bet they seem completely real for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Both of those papers, honestly, are under constant fire for giving a certain anti-Israeli twist to most of their news.
    Even then, those are actual newspapers, and despite them painting a twisted truth, at least they check their sources, instead of posting random banter as "A government official said" or "According to a friend of the Prime Minister...", like Mondoweiss does whenever they simply lie.
    Apparently you haven't read that particular post I linked of mondoweiss. Pretty technical.
    I don't know in depth the sources I linked. That's why I spent time researching on them before posting.
    You didn't see me posting any of the thousand anti Israel sites out there. Mondoweiss is created by Paul Weiss and Adam Horowitz. If I'm correct both Jewish.
    Look. The current Israeli government is a disaster. Now, admitting this doesn't make me or anyone an israel hater at all.
    It's pretty obvious who's in power now does not want peace. Look at the government answer to abbas' speech. Look instead how many liberal Jewish and even the Israeli opposition reacted.
    Why should anyone be supportive of a government that does not seek peace?

THIS beduins in this report. This wasn't Israeli land. Western European.
    Actually... Anything inside of the Israeli border is Israeli land.
    The West Bank (entirely, until the Palestinians decide they want to go into peace negotiations without trying to blow them up beforehand... As they have always done, and will probably continue doing until they get tired of it, or the world stops using them as a linchpin...) is part of Israel's territory. For now.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Of course!

Illegal buildings, with no permits, which had already been taken down...
    That is twisting the truth. You could've said "Residents of a ramshackle hut village which was demolished for the second time in the last weeks for having no legal permits to build on that specific piece of land". But of course, it is more provocative if you make THEM look like the poor scared puppies running under the wheels.

Most of your posts (And I'm not kidding!) are twisted truths... Of course, they may seem twisted to us, living in reality... But I bet they seem completely real for you.
    Oh look! More shallow accusations!
    It's impossible to talk to you. You depict people that even slightly criticise the current Israeli government as Israel hating propaganda machine.
    This forum will be much better once you'll learn there are many shades in between black and white.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually... Anything inside of the Israeli border is Israeli land.
    The West Bank (entirely, until the Palestinians decide they want to go into peace negotiations without trying to blow them up beforehand... As they have always done, and will probably continue doing until they get tired of it, or the world stops using them as a linchpin...) is part of Israel's territory. For now.
    Not for the whole world. Israel might have a different view but everyone else agree they should back the hell away from this lands.
    Sure... They're all twisted propaganda Israel haters... Of course?

Apparently you haven't read that particular post I linked of mondoweiss. Pretty technical.
    I don't know in depth the sources I linked. That's why I spent time researching on them before posting.
    You didn't see me posting any of the thousand anti Israel sites out there. Mondoweiss is created by Paul Weiss and Adam Horowitz. If I'm correct both Jewish.
    Look. The current Israeli government is a disaster. Now, admitting this doesn't make me or anyone an israel hater at all.
    It's pretty obvious who's in power now does not want peace. Look at the government answer to abbas' speech. Look instead how many liberal Jewish and even the Israeli opposition reacted.
    Why should anyone be supportive of a government that does not seek peace?
    So... Just because they are Jewish, their opinions should be either pro-Israel or neutral? Ever heard of Naturei Karta? Samtar Hassidim?
    Paul Weiss doesn't live in Israel because he is against the idea of a Jewish state, and spends his whole life writing articles against it.

Why should anyone, inside of Israel, select a government on the sole premise of seeking peace? We have bigger issues to take care of, you know. Like jobs, healthcare, quality of life, education, life style. In fact, most Israelis are too busy driving around their executive cars to really care about some random home-made rockets dropping on empty fields from time to time. Maybe the government isn't really good, in the opinion of a foreigner, but it actually is pretty good at dealing with our own internal troubles, which, and I'm sure this might surprise you: Hardly deal with Palestinians.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look! More shallow accusations!
    It's impossible to talk to you. You depict people that even slightly criticise the current Israeli government as Israel hating propaganda machine.
    This forum will be much better once you'll learn there are many shades in between black and white.
    Hey hey, you asked for an instance of you twisting the truth, I provided! No need for the personal attacks.
    This forum will be much better once you stop attacking people who disagree with you.

Deleted
    So... Just because they are Jewish, their opinions should be either pro-Israel or neutral? Ever heard of Naturei Karta? Samtar Hassidim?
    Paul Weiss doesn't live in Israel because he is against the idea of a Jewish state, and spends his whole life writing articles against it.

Why should anyone, inside of Israel, select a government on the sole premise of seeking peace? We have bigger issues to take care of, you know. Like jobs, healthcare, quality of life, education, life style. In fact, most Israelis are too busy driving around their executive cars to really care about some random home-made rockets dropping on empty fields from time to time. Maybe the government isn't really good, in the opinion of a foreigner, but it actually is pretty good at dealing with our own internal troubles, which, and I'm sure this might surprised you: Hardly deal with Palestinians.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey hey, you asked for an instance of you twisting the truth, I provided! No need for the personal attacks.
    This forum will be much better once you stop attacking people who disagree with you.

"Why should anyone, inside of Israel, select a government on the sole premise of seeking peace? We have bigger issues to take care of, you know. Like jobs, healthcare, quality of life, education, life style. In fact, most Israelis are too busy driving around their executive cars to really care about some random home-made rockets dropping on empty fields from time to time. Maybe the government isn't really good, in the opinion of a foreigner, but it actually is pretty good at dealing with our own internal troubles, which, and I'm sure this might surprised you: Hardly deal with Palestinians."

It's stuff like this that makes you an horrible person.
    You provided nothing, but hey. As usual you're still talking

10+ Year Old Account
    "Why should anyone, inside of Israel, select a government on the sole premise of seeking peace? We have bigger issues to take care of, you know. Like jobs, healthcare, quality of life, education, life style. In fact, most Israelis are too busy driving around their executive cars to really care about some random home-made rockets dropping on empty fields from time to time. Maybe the government isn't really good, in the opinion of a foreigner, but it actually is pretty good at dealing with our own internal troubles, which, and I'm sure this might surprised you: Hardly deal with Palestinians."

It's stuff like this that makes you an horrible person.
    You provided nothing, but hey. As usual you're still talking
    the realities of the world show that for some nations seeking peace isn't all that important, especially when it's a war against a group that does small amounts of damage and shows little wish to cooperate peacefully. This is similar to North Korea shelling south Korean islands occasionally, the attacks do little damage and are hardly damaging to South Korea, they so no reason to make amends with North Korea because such an act would do more to damage them than allowing them to stay as they are for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    the realities of the world show that for some nations seeking peace isn't all that important, especially when it's a war against a group that does small amounts of damage and shows little wish to cooperate peacefully. This is similar to North Korea shelling south Korean islands occasionally, the attacks do little damage and are hardly damaging to South Korea, they so no reason to make amends with North Korea because such an act would do more to damage them than allowing them to stay as they are for now
    I like to believe abbas and Kim Jong dong whatever aren't on the same level.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I understand that. But anyone that support that kind of ideas better be ready for a shitload of criticism.