10+ Year Old Account

Issues with NVidia drivers 327.23?

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my Nvidia driver (I have a GTX 670 card) and I noticed a certain FPS loss (down to 40ish after the usual 60-70) afterwards, together with a higher GPU temperature (+10°C) when running WoW. I freaked out a bit and switched to the 320.xx driver version, which fixed the fps and temp back to its old values.

However, what is going on? Anyone else notice something similar? Is it another "let's release a bugged driver that will melt the card" stuff?

Thanks in advance!
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure my gtx 650 Ti is running fine but hard to tell on the temperatures since i got the vents from the air conditioner blowing cold air to my open PC at 14 degrees with fresh freon. Currently sits at 17C 20C while gaming at 1080p with latest nvidia drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Hi all,

I recently upgraded my Nvidia driver (I have a GTX 670 card) and I noticed a certain FPS loss (down to 40ish after the usual 60-70) afterwards, together with a higher GPU temperature (+10°C) when running WoW. I freaked out a bit and switched to the 320.xx driver version, which fixed the fps and temp back to its old values.

However, what is going on? Anyone else notice something similar? Is it another "let's release a bugged driver that will melt the card" stuff?

Thanks in advance!
    Are your fan speeds still the same as previously and is there any ramp up in the way temperature builds, or is it staying pretty normal, then spiking?

I'm using two EVGA gtx 670 ftw in SLI, I haven't noticed any decrease in fps or increase in temperature. No idea what might have caused it.

Deleted
    weird, can't say i notice anything different on my card (780), there's been issues with the 320+ version drivers for a while though, they've been in beta for longer than most versions so far. but the issues seemed to affect only the 7xx series cards for the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Are your fan speeds still the same as previously and is there any ramp up in the way temperature builds, or is it staying pretty normal, then spiking?
    It is capping out slowly (the card is heating up) but caps at a +10° higher value, which causes the FPS drop.
    This being said, I'm not completely sure whether the problem is in the driver or in the new WoW patch (or something else). It's just that those two were released close together so it's hard to see what of those two causes the problems.
    MMO player

Deleted
    like i have 5-10 fps during every boss in 25 man heroic and less then that on fights like norushen , sha of pride malkorok
    i have a gtx 670 and i5 3570k and i cant even play wow , i mean like wtf

went back to 314 driver now maybe it helps or not , but i feel really sad and demotivated even more so since my guild is pushing in the op 20 and i can't even play

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflash2009 View Post
    like i have 5-10 fps during every boss in 25 man heroic and less then that on fights like norushen , sha of pride malkorok
    i have a gtx 670 and i5 3570k and i cant even play wow , i mean like wtf
    I'm not having those kinds of problems yet, but since patch, my card seems to overheat way more in WoW. Especially when there is water involved (go figure why).
    MMO player