Deleted

How is my warrior? Which warrior is better? Crit gem to 32%?

Hello, I'd appreciate any help here.

Generally, I'm pleased with my dps, and sometimes I'm happy with it, but on the most recent raid I was in, I wasn't too happy with how things went. The thing is, I raid with another warrior, and while we are sometimes equal in damage done and the rest of it, he seems to pull ahead, on average, despite my being 2 ilevels higher than him. Now he does have a better wep, and that matters, but I want to clear some things up.

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but it helps the thread if I compare our two armories.

We're both arms, but he gems like he's fury. He has a lot of 320 crit gems. I asked him why and he said 'gem to 32%'. I've never heard that before. He dismisses socket bonuses, even though I was told not to dismiss bonuses, for the most part, on a thread I made a couple days ago.

Who should be doing more dps? What can I fix on my character? It pains to say, but please be honest on what I need to change. So far, all I've done to my char is what is suggested in guides and on forums, etc.

Thank you.

Me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ithus/advanced

Him: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Cnxey/advanced
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-09-25 at 08:14 PM.

Logs are a better tool to use than just gear for determining dps differences between two players of the same class. However if I have to guess from just Armory I'd say it's because the other warrior has the cooldown reduction trinket and you don't. Plus his weapon is 18 ilvls higher than yours, which is huge for Warriors. Also you might be using that cleave trinket for single target fights which is worse than keeping a ToT trinket.

Deleted
    Well it's good that I got that reduction trinket tonight, then. I guess I'll swap fusion-fire core for the eye. What about his gemming and going for 320 crit instead of bonuses?

Crits giving us higher steady damage, str will get you higher burst. Dont know why he's reforging into mastery, from what im seeing its Hit/exp cap > crit > haste > mastery for arms.

He should be doing more damage, his weapon is 18 ilvl's higher than yours, that does more than some slightly different gems

Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    Crits giving us higher steady damage, str will get you higher burst. Dont know why he's reforging into mastery, from what im seeing its Hit/exp cap > crit > haste > mastery for arms.
    this is incorrect. as of recently we have learned that mastery is better for both single and multi target for arms

2 ilvls is such a low difference that a string of unlucky lack of crits can put someone behind.

Your ilevels may be close but the fact that he has a weapon 18 ilvls above yours means he will do more damage than you if you two played equally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    It's the weapon. Warriors are EXTREMELY reliant on good weapons.

I agree with this. It's the weapon that's putting him higher. My dps shot up when I got the new weaps.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    I'd say a few things you should take into consideration to improve your dps (at this item lvl):

.) Your Mining gives you nothing profitable in raid but health, which doesnt help you to improve your dps. Compared to him he pulls ahead in professions a bit as well.
    .) Of course the weapon of twins is crappy and compared to the sha weapon he should actually always be ahead of you and never equal. So the weapon does matter the most, for example, I got itemlvl 530 and the 502 twins weapon - got the sha flex weapon the sec ID and my dps raised instantly about 40k-60k roughly. So the weapon is the biggest concern in your situation.
    .) 26% isnt too bad, but for your item lvl you should have reached the 30% mark already. You got alot of Retri-gear since its itemized with haste/mastery letting you drop in dps aswell. So consider taking items with better stats (crit/mastery) but loosing a few ilvl for it which is truely worth it, unless you loose tons of strength or your hit/exp cap.
    .) Also remember to Upgrade items in this priority: Weapon - Trinkets - Chest/Legs - etc...
    .) You are hard overcapped with Hit stat, so you may think about switching Piercing wilde jades with smooths sun radiance, even if you loose gem bonus.

Take this as advice and remember what I stated above isnt 100% the case but its some kind of experienced advice. So take what you consider helpful und try it, Im sure it may helps you.

Have a A1 Day

All our damage is physical and weapon damage based (execute being the exception AP only).

Weapon damage >>> hit/exp caps > str > crit > mastery >= haste. That's what I go by and it serves me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    this is incorrect. as of recently we have learned that mastery is better for both single and multi target for arms
    Bleh, back to the reforge. Never been a fan of arms mastery either. Oh well...