1. #1

    Celestial Cloth Patterns

    So what is the deal with these patterns? The first day of 5.4 I got a Celestial Cloth and its uses, which gave me the leg pattern. Since then I have killed thousands of mobs on the timeless isle and elsewhere. I have yet to see another Celestial Cloth and its uses drop. How do I go about getting these so I can learn the belt patterns?

  2. #2
    You make 1 every day from 10 bolts of windwool cloth and learn a new pattern every day. You can make more if you have the other mat for accelerated celestial cloth. If you open your Tailoring you will see the 2 new patterns at the top of the Materials section. I have 14 celestial cloths now, just making the 1 a day.

    Maybe your name could be adjusted a little

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    You make 1 every day from 10 bolts of windwool cloth and learn a new pattern every day. You can make more if you have the other mat for accelerated celestial cloth. If you open your Tailoring you will see the 2 new patterns at the top of the Materials section. I have 14 celestial cloths now, just making the 1 a day.

    Maybe your name could be adjusted a little
    So you learn the Belt of the Night Sky etc just by making the celestial cloth? Damn I've gotten rather unlucky then...been making it every day and all I learn is the junk pvp gear.

    Where the name is from

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
    So you learn the Belt of the Night Sky etc just by making the celestial cloth? Damn I've gotten rather unlucky then...been making it every day and all I learn is the junk pvp gear.

    Where the name is from
    Well for my LW I still got 69 unlearnt recipes from hardened magnificent hide but only 5 of them are for 553 items, so you can understand that the chance to get the recipe you want is rather low.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

  5. #5
    I been quite lucky with the Tailoring patterns 15 cloths made and i have both heal and dps belt and heal and dps legs

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by umppa View Post
    I been quite lucky with the Tailoring patterns 15 cloths made and i have both heal and dps belt and heal and dps legs
    Not that it would matter much since you need a high amount Celestial Cloth to make any of them anyway. By the time you have enough, provided you don't use the accelerated cloth making, you have most of the recipes anyway, which takes slightly more than a month I believe.
    It sucks a lot more for Leatherworkers because they have to research a lot longer to get them all.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
    So you learn the Belt of the Night Sky etc just by making the celestial cloth? Damn I've gotten rather unlucky then...been making it every day and all I learn is the junk pvp gear.
    I'm not sure luck has much to do with it tbh. On my tailor, I never bothered with Imperial Silk, which also made (makes?) you discover new patterns. I did start creating Celestial Cloth daily since it became available, and like you, all I've been discovering so far is PvP patterns. I believe there are 36 PvP patterns total, and I fear there's a system in place that makes you discover all of the older stuff before giving you the remaining new iLvl 553 patterns.

    Doesn't really matter much to me in the long run though, I want both the belt and pants, and by the time I have enough Celestial Cloth to craft both, I should have discovered all of the older stuff. Unless of course there's only a chance to discover a pattern and not a 100% guarantee, anyone know?

    Has anyone randomly got a new iLvl 553 pattern from using the normal Celestial Cloth cd, while not having discovered all of the PvP patterns yet?

  8. #8
    Fluffy Kitten Siri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandler07 View Post
    Has anyone randomly got a new iLvl 553 pattern from using the normal Celestial Cloth cd, while not having discovered all of the PvP patterns yet?
    Yes, I have.
    Also, you don't learn the older discoveries (the ones from imperial silk) by doing the Celestial Cloth CD.

  9. #9
    i got the 555 leggings of the night sky from uhh.. first try on celestial cloth.. on cloth #12 now so grr.. trying to replace my 496 legs for my poor lock.. 16 days left.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Yes, I have.
    Also, you don't learn the older discoveries (the ones from imperial silk) by doing the Celestial Cloth CD.
    Good to know there's a chance to get the good stuff :-)

    Think I sorta messed up on what I wrote about the older discoveries. Imperial Silk had a chance to discover iLvl 458 PvP patterns. Not sure if these can still be discovered, but I guess I assumed that if you never discovered these, you'd have to go through all of the (newer) iLvl 476 PvP discoveries from Celestial Cloth first. Hope that makes sense... ^^

  11. #11
    Fluffy Kitten Siri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandler07 View Post
    Think I sorta messed up on what I wrote about the older discoveries. Imperial Silk had a chance to discover iLvl 458 PvP patterns. Not sure if these can still be discovered, but I guess I assumed that if you never discovered these, you'd have to go through all of the (newer) iLvl 476 PvP discoveries from Celestial Cloth first. Hope that makes sense... ^^
    I understand. You don't have to go through them, at least you don't have to do it with leatherworking and I would assume they both work the same way.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandler07 View Post
    I'm not sure luck has much to do with it tbh. On my tailor, I never bothered with Imperial Silk, which also made (makes?) you discover new patterns. I did start creating Celestial Cloth daily since it became available, and like you, all I've been discovering so far is PvP patterns. I believe there are 36 PvP patterns total, and I fear there's a system in place that makes you discover all of the older stuff before giving you the remaining new iLvl 553 patterns.
    NM. Saw the later post.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandler07 View Post
    Has anyone randomly got a new iLvl 553 pattern from using the normal Celestial Cloth cd, while not having discovered all of the PvP patterns yet?
    Yep, plenty of them, and still getting PvP patterns. Nobody has discovered all the PvP patterns yet - there's too many of them.

  14. #14
    I've been makin my cloth daily and still don't have healer pants lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •