Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    But you shouldn't really be actively AoEing the adds on Garrosh in the first place.

A better example of AE being deadly would be the oozes on Dark Shaman, as you can't exactly run into the oozes and start AEing.
    Tell that to progression at first the adds weren't dying hence need to split a dps to kill them, also in dream phases like ToES scene you get a lot of aggro with the AE (but then least you can cast while moving). Dark Shamans we 3 man tank so don't have any issues and fall asleep during it.

Better example then HC Immersius.

Point still stands however that AE in itself is harmful to the mage and the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I've said before that I'd like it a lot if it had some channeling/casting integration like mistweavers, like you can cast Ice Lance while channeling Blizzard and it will hit all targets with reduced damage (and consume the FoF stacks Blizzard builds that you can't use) or something like that.
    I like this a lot! While channeling Blizzard you can use FoF procs without interrupting the channel.

Fire on the other hand could have modified Flamestrike - when you cast Flamestrike for the next 10 sec your Blizzard spell transforms into Frostfire Storm that deals increased frostfire damage and applies Ignite.

Arcane and Frost lose Flamestrike, but Arcane gains Mana Bomb (or Arcane Orb or Pulsar) - places an unstable MB/AO/Pulsar in a chosen place, which will cast Arcane Explosion around itself for the next 12 sec. Hitting it with Arcane Barrage causes it to destruct with a violent explosion dealing all damage at once, but placing a 12 sec cd on Mana Bomb. Could be glyphed to cause knockback when ABarred at the expense of doubled cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    Tell that to progression at first the adds weren't dying hence need to split a dps to kill them, also in dream phases like ToES scene you get a lot of aggro with the AE (but then least you can cast while moving). Dark Shamans we 3 man tank so don't have any issues and fall asleep during it.

Better example then HC Immersius.

Point still stands however that AE in itself is harmful to the mage and the raid.
    For whatever reason if you must actively AoE adds on Garrosh then just watch timers. For Dark Shaman glyph AE and max range it if you really want but a 4 stack barrage cleave and a blizzard or 2 kills the oozes. Not sure how you have come to the conclusion that it's harmful because if its used with any common sense it's the best Mage AoE, by your logic any ability could be harmful if used incorrectly.

Flamestrike should be instant cast and no cooldown. Its such a pathetic spell in it's current form...
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

Deleted
    Like in Cata? Please not! Spamming Instant Flamestrikes felt so shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    For whatever reason if you must actively AoE adds on Garrosh then just watch timers. For Dark Shaman glyph AE and max range it if you really want but a 4 stack barrage cleave and a blizzard or 2 kills the oozes. Not sure how you have come to the conclusion that it's harmful because if its used with any common sense it's the best Mage AoE, by your logic any ability could be harmful if used incorrectly.
    Ok name another class that has to get up close and personal while standing in a power circle (preferably) and that doesn't get a massive armor boost like a lock for doing so.

I know to watch timers, I know when and where to go on encounters the point I'm making is you're pushed into danger/close range by being an an arcane mage in comparison to all other mage "PRIMARY" aoe specs.
    Last edited by Salystra; 2013-09-30 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Deleted
    Make blizzard something fire-themed and apply ignite, or make flamestrike useful. Or breath of fire channeled and do a lot more damage.

Here you go a decent and sure needed buff to fire aoe:
    1. Make Flamestrike spread highest ignite in targeted circle to all mobs in that circle.
    2. Make glyph for Blizzard that prolong ignite to all mobs in targeted area for 3sec with every tick (not stacking, basicly just during blizzard and 3 sec after blizzard ends) but don't slow mobs any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Firemage currently is one of the worst AoE Classes against anything beyond Cleave. And for Cleave you need big rampup and its only mediocre at best.
    Blastwave - Instant - No CD
    2 Seconds after Activation you cause a fiery Explosion that deals x Fire Damage every 0,5 Seconds for 4 Seconds to all Enemies within 15 yards. Deals increased Damage to targets afflicted by Flame Strike.
    Causes Ignite.

Of course it can't stack so you want to activate it 2sec after it starts dealing DMG for max Damage. And you want to put down a flamestrike before. (activate Blastwave -> cast Flamestrike -> do something else for 1-2 GCDs -> activate Blastwave).
    Sounds like a good idea. Sounds abit like immolation aura for demo locks though, but i like it! And as much as a tunneler spec Fire currently is, they should let you spread the current ignite on the target you're nuking with some AoE aura to mobs nearby, so you don't have to fuck up the ignite on the target by using Inferno Blast.

Flamestrike, and Dragon's Breath should be buffed to do great burst AoE.

Currently the best way to AoE as a Fire Mage is obv to spread Pyroblasts, Combustions, Arcane Explosion spam or Blizzard for ranged AoE, like you kinda have to do on Kor'Kron Dark Shamans in SoO.

I've always dreamed of a Fire meteor thing like the Invoker in Dota 2 for my WoW Fire mage myself, dunno about you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, you guys i just want Blast Wave back as a Knockback and slow, Flamestrike has that slow effect now though. Blizz should sort AoE with other ways, like some suggestions i made above.