Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    To much content, just did this so you know I'm replying to you
    I enjoy the leveling system, getting to use every gun in the game, changing attachments as you unlock them to see which ones are better or worse, which ones you enjoy using. I believe it has a positive impact on enjoyment, and it hardly effects balance. Every gun is viable, if you can't use a single gun that you have unlocked at any one time effectively I'd suggest you either practice, or just stop playing. In fact you usually get some of the best guns in the game straight away, M16A3 in BF3 for example, low recoil, decent range, decent damage, a good all-rounder.

The achievement type system, in my opinion, is a good thing. Especially for the weapons that are hard to unlock. Usually you find in BF3 you can get a lot of guns without leveling but completing certain challenges, like getting a certain amount of kills with an air-dropped IFV, it gives you a sense of achievement. "Hey I earned that, cool"

These hoops you speak of are almost non-existent, the time it takes to unlock 100% of the guns in BF3 is like ~20 hours played. That's not much time at all.

Your sig tells me that you have a distaste for most modern gaming, so I'm just going to stop here, I can't change your mind. You're just being ignorant. But hey, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, no matter how ignorant of an opinion it is I can't stop you from having it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you have Battlefield 3 Premium yes but only on the platform you got BF3 Premium on.
    Fuck me running really? I bought premium for pc I thought early access was only for pre orders?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Bf4 pre order, moh pre order and bf3 premium gives you early access

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    IKR, I see this mentality more and more: I WANT IT NOW GIMME GIMME GIMME. It's become rampart in a certain other MMO >.>

I am curious to see how Mantle will work out, it looks really exciting and if Nvidia does something similiar maybe we won't see so many unoptimised games go to release.

I think it's time I retire my ol' GTX 580 and get a new R9 GPU when it releases.
    Sorry but the old school of it where everyone started and only got the same weapons was hands down the best. Shame you never see it anymore. I liked that method in BF2 and halo2 but not its unlocking this and that. That method you could show who really has skill cus everyone was on a level field and not the antisocial jobless dude who sits there for 14 hours a day unlocking uber attatchments and guns before everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Sorry but the old school of it where everyone started and only got the same weapons was hands down the best. Shame you never see it anymore. I liked that method in BF2 and halo2 but not its unlocking this and that. That method you could show who really has skill cus everyone was on a level field and not the antisocial jobless dude who sits there for 14 hours a day unlocking uber attatchments and guns before everyone else.
    Don't blame the attachments and the guns. If you're not a horrible player you can still destroy with a barebones assault rifle. Stop making excuses.

It only takes ~20 or so hours to unlock most of the guns, a few hours a day and you're pretty much there. No need to be so impatient and get angry at the people because they play more than you.

There is so much wrong with this statement I am honestly baffled.

First of all, attachments will not make you a good player. Yes it certainly helps but going from not having a foregrip to having one isn't going to mean you will become instantly better. The same goes for scopes, except a few guns that have god awful iron sights but usually they get the good scopes WITHIN MINUTES. Yes MINUTES.

To be a good player is to know your gun, the recoil, it's strengths and weaknesses. Not to run out in the open like a madman shooting anyhing that moves. Sometimes it is better NOT to kill someone as you need to be unnoticed.

You're entire argument is flawed and I really am disappointed you had to resort to the old "antisocial jobless dude who sits there for 14 hours a day". Think before you speak.

Edit: Not to mention in BF3 the engineer and assault class start with what is often considered the best all round weapons they will ever get.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-09-27 at 06:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if this was linked yet, but 4 hours of Multiplayer raw uncut footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if-32QYfHUU

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

10+ Year Old Account
    So just to be clear I purchased bf3 premium a couple months back and on tuesday oct 1 the bf4 beta will pop up on my origin or will I have to register for it? uhh for my pals who didn't get premium but wnat the open beta access on the 4th they just get it through origin?
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    There is so much wrong with this statement I am honestly baffled.

First of all, attachments will not make you a good player. Yes it certainly helps but going from not having a foregrip to having one isn't going to mean you will become instantly better. The same goes for scopes, except a few guns that have god awful iron sights but usually they get the good scopes WITHIN MINUTES. Yes MINUTES.

To be a good player is to know your gun, the recoil, it's strengths and weaknesses. Not to run out in the open like a madman shooting anyhing that moves. Sometimes it is better NOT to kill someone as you need to be unnoticed.

You're entire argument is flawed and I really am disappointed you had to resort to the old "antisocial jobless dude who sits there for 14 hours a day". Think before you speak.

Edit: Not to mention in BF3 the engineer and assault class start with what is often considered the best all round weapons they will ever get.
    Their logic isnt flawed that much. In the old games you were equal in the map if you played 10hrs a day or 1hr a day. These games give "advanteges" or "perks" as its called these days to ppl that play more, or longer.
    As you said, the grip or scope isnt the very fundamental, but it is a difference between a kill or a death - at longer ranges, both. In the terribad close quarters COD style it didnt really matter if you had either.

So I believe his argument is valid, but ppl who play it more want to have more rewards, I guess you can never make everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogster View Post
    Their logic isnt flawed that much. In the old games you were equal in the map if you played 10hrs a day or 1hr a day. These games give "advanteges" or "perks" as its called these days to ppl that play more, or longer.
    As you said, the grip or scope isnt the very fundamental, but it is a difference between a kill or a death - at longer ranges, both. In the terribad close quarters COD style it didnt really matter if you had either.

So I believe his argument is valid, but ppl who play it more want to have more rewards, I guess you can never make everyone happy.
    I've always found that, given equal skill, the person who gets the first shot off is the victor, regardless of attachments. A couple months back I went through a phase of running around with iron sights and it didn't at all affect my proficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    So just to be clear I purchased bf3 premium a couple months back and on tuesday oct 1 the bf4 beta will pop up on my origin or will I have to register for it? uhh for my pals who didn't get premium but wnat the open beta access on the 4th they just get it through origin?
    you should already have bf4 beta on origin
    if you dont have it yet contact EA support

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    you should already have bf4 beta on origin
    if you dont have it yet contact EA support
    Thanks had to set the filters. It's 64 bit edition to nice.
    The hammer comes down:

Their logic isnt flawed that much.
    it is

only real advantage is heavy barrel attachment for assault rifles rewarded after 20 kills ;s

rest is totally optional and personal choice (not to mention that it affect only 1 class)

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Thanks had to set the filters. It's 64 bit edition to nice.
    np.

and yeah beta is only 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    Don't blame the attachments and the guns. If you're not a horrible player you can still destroy with a barebones assault rifle. Stop making excuses.

It only takes ~20 or so hours to unlock most of the guns, a few hours a day and you're pretty much there. No need to be so impatient and get angry at the people because they play more than you.
    Im not angry or impatient. I just think the way FPS games are going now is plain stupid. The playing field should be level from the begining and stay that way. Maby in a MMOFPS unlocking shit as you go is fine. But i always enjoyed everyone having access to the same weapons and vehicles from the start and getgo. Its been a while since we have had a multiplayer fps of the style of halo 2 where everyone started with the same guns and had access to the same guns/vehicles on map.

I know full well how long it takes regardless it should be there. And i never said it makes you a better player or better, but it is not a level playing field at all, wether you chose to run around with iron sights vs someone scoping you from across the map, the right attatchment can mean an advantage in the right situation, i should know i abuse the hell out of them when i can. But i still feel that the bf2 way was better. Same guns for everyone, same vehicles, no matter how long you played, What set you apart was the rank you had to grind for months and months, I remember grinding just to major in bf2 and it took monthssss and months. I remember hitting 50 in bad company 1 in 1 day. People got by for so long with the old system there was no need to change it.

Why not its what i did when i didnt have a job. It was exactly what i did, Play the game for the first week nonstop didnt leave the house ranked up and got goodies before everyone else.

Yes and no. Honestly you can unlock almost half of a weapon's attachments in a single game if you do decent with it, the early unlocks don't take long at all and there are often some good ones in there...the ones that usually take the longest are the scopes. But even for the sniper rifles you don't always even need 12x scope, most people aren't even good enough to use them in the range you actually need them in, most maps are well-served by the 7x scope. I really don't see it as a major problem, because the people that are really really good that also happen to play a lot would still rape an average/newer player if their setups happened to be switched. You also get a handful of weapons at the start that are really good, so it's not like you have to play much at all to unlock something that isn't a complete piece of crap.

And don't forget, it is "us" who wants such things like unlocks... People like to "progress", even now in FPS-Games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    And don't forget, it is "us" who wants such things like unlocks... People like to "progress", even now in FPS-Games.
    I've got over 2000 hours recorded on cod:uo, that never had unlocks and that sure beats the hell out of any game with them.

Im not angry or impatient. I just think the way FPS games are going now is plain stupid. The playing field should be level from the begining and stay that way. Maby in a MMOFPS unlocking shit as you go is fine. But i always enjoyed everyone having access to the same weapons and vehicles from the start and getgo. Its been a while since we have had a multiplayer fps of the style of halo 2 where everyone started with the same guns and had access to the same guns/vehicles on map.
    Fair point I guess, personally I kinda like how it is now. There have even been occasions where I wanted to totally restart and re-unlock from scratch but that's just me.

I know full well how long it takes regardless it should be there. And i never said it makes you a better player or better, but it is not a level playing field at all, wether you chose to run around with iron sights vs someone scoping you from across the map, the right attatchment can mean an advantage in the right situation, i should know i abuse the hell out of them when i can. But i still feel that the bf2 way was better. Same guns for everyone, same vehicles, no matter how long you played, What set you apart was the rank you had to grind for months and months, I remember grinding just to major in bf2 and it took monthssss and months. I remember hitting 50 in bad company 1 in 1 day. People got by for so long with the old system there was no need to change it.
    /shrug Looking at the BF3 forums I don't recall seeing anyone argue against the current system so maybe that's why they're sticking with it.

Why not its what i did when i didnt have a job. It was exactly what i did, Play the game for the first week nonstop didnt leave the house ranked up and got goodies before everyone else.
    The only advantage I'd say you had was simply having played the game more, therefore being better than people who played less. Knowing a map for instance better then someone else is a huge advantage over any attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by LummyBear View Post
    I've got over 2000 hours recorded on cod:uo, that never had unlocks and that sure beats the hell out of any game with them.
    yeah and im sure its ONLY because of unlocks...

Oh and one thing I am overjoyed about is the SUPPRESSION changes! I'd be even happier if they removed it's current implementation altogether but seeing the changes makes me all warm inside. Was possibly my number one beef with BF3.