Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Was going to say. I'm rank ~74 and have yet to see a "hacker", but I always play on punkbuster servers.

i only just seen the server browser, just clicked play now before :P

Has the performance issues been fixed? When I tested the beta it ran like sluggish shit, looking like sluggish shit no matter how low settings I tried.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Has the performance issues been fixed? When I tested the beta it ran like sluggish shit, looking like sluggish shit no matter how low settings I tried.

hit and miss for me, running fine most of the time on high settings, then suddenly it just shits itself and the FPS tanks for a few mins before returning to normal.

and my display driver has crashed 3 times forcing me to alt f4 the game.

Bleh, I'll probably pass it. I don't remember when I was so dumbfounded by poor optimization as I was with BF4 beta. Running BF3 pretty much on max with stable high FPS and then that game with min and still lagging, game looking as if it came straight from early 00's was just a tad too extreme.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Bleh, I'll probably pass it. I don't remember when I was so dumbfounded by poor optimization as I was with BF4 beta. Running BF3 pretty much on max with stable high FPS and then that game with min and still lagging, game looking as if it came straight from early 00's was just a tad too extreme.
    BF3 beta was absolute shit. Their "betas" aren't actually betas, they are just outdated versions of an already, release ready, game. BF4 runs great except for very select sections of a couple of maps where there are small fps drops, I'm talking from 60fps to 45 at the lowest. Considering how BF4 is probably the top contender for the most graphically demanding game ever created, I would say that a few fps drops really isn't that big of a deal.

And I know bf4 has a lot of problems, however they started doing this CTE initiative which is basically an after release beta. They are trying to correct their mistakes, and so far so much has changed it's hard to believe it's the same game. they are planning on pushing the update to live servers in September I think.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2014-08-09 at 01:09 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    anyone know why my display driver keeps crashing on this game? drivers up to date, but every few games it crashes and i have to task manager close the game because of it.

running with Nvidea GeForce GTX 560 TI, not even on highest settings and it keeps breaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    anyone know why my display driver keeps crashing on this game? drivers up to date, but every few games it crashes and i have to task manager close the game because of it.

running with Nvidea GeForce GTX 560 TI, not even on highest settings and it keeps breaking.
    What's the temperature on your GPU when it crashes?
    Also, if you are on beta drivers, you can revert back to the last "released" driver and that can fix crashes.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    What's the temperature on your GPU when it crashes?
    Also, if you are on beta drivers, you can revert back to the last "released" driver and that can fix crashes.

actually, i have always had temp problems with this GFX card, but i didn't notice it until warranty expired. on basically any game its running at 90c +.

i made a thread about it before, but didn't solve it. the card doesn't feel that hot, but it says it is, fan goes crazy. that is probably whats causing the crashes :\

maybe time for a new card!

actually, i have always had temp problems with this GFX card, but i didn't notice it until warranty expired. on basically any game its running at 90c +.

i made a thread about it before, but didn't solve it. the card doesn't feel that hot, but it says it is, fan goes crazy. that is probably whats causing the crashes :\

maybe time for a new card!
    500 series is so old only thing people are going to tell you is spring for a 700 series. 760's arnt to much and mine handles bf4 on ultra with several eve online clients on max graphics open as well.

Deleted

OC'ed it? Install MSI Afterburner and check Temps and Fan speeds etc while playing. Display Drivers crash mostly only if you OC'ed too far. You can try to increase Core Voltage or lower Clock a little bit. And try to check the Fan Speed, 90°C seems way too high. For me 85°C is like the highest I would be comfortable with. Maybe your Fan is like on SilentMode or something. YOu can link it to the Temp, so it will try to keep it below a set Temp.
    Last edited by mmocab70400937; 2014-08-10 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had my system go above 10C. But with my older build, if I oc'd it and it ran hot. It would shut down. It's like an engine. Of it overheats, it'll shut itself down to prevent a fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slackz View Post
    OC'ed it? Install MSI Afterburner and check Temps and Fan speeds etc while playing. Display Drivers crash mostly only if you OC'ed too far. You can try to increase Core Voltage or lower Clock a little bit. And try to check the Fan Speed, 90°C seems way too high. For me 85°C is like the highest I would be comfortable with. Maybe your Fan is like on SilentMode or something. YOu can link it to the Temp, so it will try to keep it below a set Temp.

it is not OC'ed, i don't even know how you do that :P

i have that EVGA precicion thing which shows temps and fan speeds, ill try MSI afterburner out instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I've never had my system go above 10C. But with my older build, if I oc'd it and it ran hot. It would shut down. It's like an engine. Of it overheats, it'll shut itself down to prevent a fire.

10c? wtf do you cool yours with?

- - - Updated - - -

sure i need a new card though, idling at 64c, nothing running except chrome and its displaying 64c temps :\ if i set my fan speed to 100% it drops to 53c. but if i put my hand at the fan the air coming off is cold.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2014-08-10 at 02:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sure i need a new card though, idling at 64c, nothing running except chrome and its displaying 64c temps :\ if i set my fan speed to 100% it drops to 53c. but if i put my hand at the fan the air coming off is cold.
    Idling at 64? Something is definitely wrong. With Chrome open watching youtube/twitch on 1 monitor I idle for 27C average. If my window is open it goes down to 25.

You previously said you made a thread before to try and resolve the problem on your card and it never got resolved. I would honestly settle for a new GPU.

If you want a cheap card (£120) You can get a EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW. A few friends have said the card is great and perfect for money. Not really looked into it since it got released. But I would head over to the computer section and get those anoraks () to help you.
    Last edited by JP1o; 2014-08-10 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    10C? unless you are soaking your GPU in ice water I don't see how that's possible.... Especially while gaming. My GPU, when powered off, isn't even 10C because that's below room temp.

Even Criiz above me saying his idles at 27C is suspiciously low.

Move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my computer in my room, which is in my basement. Room temp is 7C right now. I am using Liquid cooling as well as 5 fans. I am using dual 7970s, one hooked up to my TV and another to my monitor. It also helps that I live in Canada, and especially Winnipeg. Where most of the year it is cold.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have my computer in my room, which is in my basement. Room temp is 7C right now. I am using Liquid cooling as well as 5 fans. I am using dual 7970s, one hooked up to my TV and another to my monitor. It also helps that I live in Canada, and especially Winnipeg. Where most of the year it is cold.
    So I'm not to familiar with Celsius so I took it to a converter.

7c = 44.6f

Now lets compare this to a couple things.

Water freezes at 30f (0c)
    Average room temp is 73.4f (23c)

So you are really going to claim your room is 7c above freezing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    So I'm not to familiar with Celsius so I took it to a converter.

7c = 44.6f

Now lets compare this to a couple things.

Water freezes at 30f (0c)
    Average room temp is 73.4f (23c)

So you are really going to claim your room is 7c above freezing?
    Why would I claim when I am in it. I am wearing a sweater right now. It's 21C outside right now. Central air has my room that cold because I enjoy that type of temperature. Hell tonight it will drop down to 12C outside.