Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprm View Post

But I have not bought any version of the BF4. Will I be able to play the Beta on 1st of October?
    If you have Battlefield 3 Premium yes but only on the platform you got BF3 Premium on.

If you don't have BF3 Premium then you will have to wait until Oct 4th.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    I'll almost certainly buy the game, but they need to fix the hit reg and spawn issues.
    Did they break hit reg again? It seemed fine about 5-6 months ago when I used to play (apparently they did some minor changes to improve the performance).
    Last edited by Mister K; 2013-09-27 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    Spawn immunity only works some of the time,
    if you start moving it stops working

Quote Originally Posted by nuveem View Post
    BF4 is just a huge Mappack for BF3 and no new Game. It has 1:1 the exact same graphics and no new features.
    No.

go check some videos and stuff

a lot has changed and graphics are also better (especially particles effects are amazing)

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest change for BF4 might actually be its support for AMD's Mantle API.
    Which you can read about here: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd...d-4,24418.html

This should allow console level performance optimization on any GCN based Radeon GPUs, like my 7970s. Might give AMD a real performance advantage over Nvidia.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Most intrigued by the new weather effects and increased destruction, but I'm concerned that the destruction will be too scripted.

Not sure if I'm going to buy it.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I've died plenty of time to random destruction in BF3, I am sure it wont be scripted in 4, at least in MP.

Would be cool if you got ships again, and could launch Tomahawks from a destroyer and just collapse a building by a flag onto the other team trying to take it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Most intrigued by the new weather effects and increased destruction, but I'm concerned that the destruction will be too scripted.

Not sure if I'm going to buy it.
    scriped but not automatic right? it has to be trigger by players, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    scriped but not automatic right? it has to be trigger by players, doesn't it?
    yes
    there is also a lot of small events like shutting down lights, poping road block on the bridge etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nuveem View Post
    BF4 is just a huge Mappack for BF3 and no new Game. It has 1:1 the exact same graphics and no new features.
    We have reached a point in gaming where a game can't look any better except improving details. At least BF has reached that point...other games have a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    I'm actually pissed off that windows vista is even mentioned..
    Im sure some of you will give me a hard time.
    But anyone having that OS, shouldnt have a PC able to run BF4; and if they do, they are idiots.
    Sorry.
    It supports DX11, I see no reason why they shouldn't include Vista.

I'm probably going to upgrade my HD6950 to a R9 290, maybe even a R9 290X. Wonder how the new Mantle API affects to game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Here is the thing, dont buy BF4 if you dont like vehicles, while there is an infantry combat system and maps with no vehicles, they arnt that common and the infantry system isnt as refined as the vehicle system. This game is made to be a vehicle combat game with infantry combat on the side.
    Infantry combat is not 'on the side', it's definitely the main focus of the game. Yeah, sometimes people that are really good at flying jets or whatever might stay in it 100% of the time every map that has jets but there are still 31 other people on his team, most of them won't be in vehicles very long. It's truly meant to be played as a squad (you and up to three others than can spawn on each other, provide bonuses to, etc) so it might be easier to take down vehicles that cross your path if you have a guy or two in your squad that are good at dealing with them. Vehicle combat is just part of most maps and it can be very annoying at times, particularly when you're being killed by a bunch of pussbags in vehicles 1,000 yards away, but without them the game just wouldn't feel as...dangerous, I guess. In my time in BF3 I would say about 1/5 of all my deaths are from vehicles while maybe 1/20 of my kills are from vehicles, I just don't use them that much and depending on the map often the vehicles won't even bother you if you aren't near them. As far as pugs go, the trouble is that most people just don't know how to deal with them or they just ignore them which can make them seem to be a bigger threat than they really are.

c4 for support wasnt removed in bf4 as far as i know (in recent builds anyway)

I'm hoping the open beta changes my mind about the game. I love battlefield but I put way to much time into bf3 so bf4 atm doesn't look too great for me. I guess ill need to wait and see but I'm optimistic.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to the beta in two weeks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Been thinking about what else I really want to see improved in BF4, and it's a problem I have had since the BF3 beta, I CANT SEE WHO I AM SHOOTING AT!

100% serious here, most of the time I end up not shooting at players, but rather the little gui marker, because I cant really see the player. Which is annoying, and I dont understand the point of making players so hard to see in a game that marks their location on your screen.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-09-27 at 01:06 AM.

I just CAN'T wait yet another level-up shooter where I have to spend tens of hours just to get one weapon I'd like to play with.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I just CAN'T wait yet another level-up shooter where I have to spend tens of hours just to get one weapon I'd like to play with.
    "Tens of hours" haha, what will it be next? "Tens of minutes". So many whiny people, if you're really that lazy and impatient buy the gun pack for christs sake, they implemented it to suck money from lazy people like you, so use it.

OT: I'm so excited to see Mantle in action, I don't even have an AMD GPU and I'm excited about it. I hope it's open source so NVIDIA can get their hands on it as well. I'd love to see a move away from Microsoft as a whole, SteamOS + Mantle. So much awesomeness.
    Last edited by Ineko; 2013-09-27 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    "Tens of hours" haha, what will it be next? "Tens of minutes". So many whiny people, if you're really that lazy and impatient buy the gun pack for christs sake, they implemented it to suck money from lazy people like you, so use it.

OT: I'm so excited to see Mantle in action, I don't even have an AMD GPU and I'm excited about it. I hope it's open source so NVIDIA can get their hands on it as well. I'd love to see a move away from Microsoft as a whole, SteamOS + Mantle. So much awesomeness.
    IKR, I see this mentality more and more: I WANT IT NOW GIMME GIMME GIMME. It's become rampart in a certain other MMO >.>

I am curious to see how Mantle will work out, it looks really exciting and if Nvidia does something similiar maybe we won't see so many unoptimised games go to release.

I think it's time I retire my ol' GTX 580 and get a new R9 GPU when it releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    "Tens of hours" haha, what will it be next? "Tens of minutes".
    These hoops to get weapons serve absolute NO POINT, other than trying to artificially lock player into one game (time is limited, if X takes enough time maybe he doesn't get Y, the competition) and to appeal the OCD crowd who needs constant "upgrades" so that they can feel good and justified to play the game with something to look forward (Because nowdays, just playing the game simply isn't enough amirite)

They serve as nothing more but glorified achievements except now they can have negative impact on both balance AND overall enjoyment of the game.

I am not the sort of guy who needs to be constantly rewarded just for playing the game and would rather do so on my own terms when the system itself serves absolutely no other point.

So many whiny people, if you're really that lazy and impatient buy the gun pack for christs sake, they implemented it to suck money from lazy people like you, so use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    IKR, I see this mentality more and more: I WANT IT NOW GIMME GIMME GIMME. It's become rampart in a certain other MMO >.>
    It's not like there is no differences between character centric RPG in a persistent online world and online shooter like BF. The only thing even REMOTELY relatable would be if this certain other MMO only consisted of battlegrounds in out of game lobby or BF serie was like PlanetSide
    Last edited by Wilian; 2013-09-27 at 01:20 AM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    to appeal the OCD crowd who needs constant "upgrades" so that they can feel good and justified to play the game with something to look forward (Because nowdays, just playing the game simply isn't enough amirite)
    its nice to have new unlocks lack of upgrade or long grind is often turn off for me
    maybe i have OCD but iv been playing for good 15y so its nothing new...

and with my pretty low ~879 (lately im just driving around in jeep with c4 ;p) score per minute it takes ~4h to unlock ALL weapons for assault class in bf3 (coop not included)
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-09-27 at 01:41 AM.