New Character Models

So I heard rumors about this possible happening soon but haven't heard anything since. I think we all can agree that its time we got some new character models for all the races. Does anyone have more info than me or are we all in the dark on this one?

So far the plan is for the Vanilla and maybe BC races. Trying to keep the same look and animations. A few weeks ago they said they were about 25% done, and might roll it out on a race-by-race basis. Last I heard, I think they were working on orcs and dwarves

Well damn now i am excited! id deff go orc if they looked a lot better! But i would really like to see some new Troll models!

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    So far the plan is for the Vanilla and maybe BC races. Trying to keep the same look and animations. A few weeks ago they said they were about 25% done, and might roll it out on a race-by-race basis. Last I heard, I think they were working on orcs and dwarves
    Dwarves were supposedly done by MoP's release (or were supposed to be), and then it was Orcs after that.

Honestly, who knows at this point. I'm tired of getting excited for them, even if I want them really bad. Feel like it's never going to happen.

Tauren better look good or I'm gonna cry hard.

Nah, they'll be DA BOMB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Natixsphere View Post
    So I heard rumors about this possible happening soon but haven't heard anything since. I think we all can agree that its time we got some new character models for all the races. Does anyone have more info than me or are we all in the dark on this one?
    The official word on it is "about 25% completed as of 5.4." So, no time soon. That said, outside of this forum it's actually kind of rare to find anyone who openly talks about the models or cares about new ones in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarves are probably done, they announced that forever ago and I think they were the first to be worked on.

I am expecting more news on this at Blizzcon... maybe even by then they can show 1 or two races......

Just wait for Blizzcon.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    they were dodgey about it, but Garrosh's new model certainly seems like a new standard for the orc player model.
    I just realized that they could get nice feedback without the massive QQ if they changed the NPC models a few months before the playable ones. Not only they would have more time to fix the details, but it would also be easier to get used to the models before being "forced" to play them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I just realized that they could get nice feedback without the massive QQ if they changed the NPC models a few months before the playable ones. Not only they would have more time to fix the details, but it would also be easier to get used to the models before being "forced" to play them.
    They did say that Garrosh's new model was supposed to resemble the new model so that they could get players reactions and feedback of it.

Patch 5.4 live this week!

Future plans
    • The new Garrosh model has a lot of bones and facial animation that could be similar to what we see in new character models. Garrosh also provides a nice test case to see if players want their character to look like that.
    Last edited by mmoc1e89a99e36; 2013-09-26 at 08:08 AM.