Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

This is why you wipe on LFR Nazgrim

http://i.imgur.com/4sWFrVh.jpg

5 ravagers flying around
    6 DPS doing less DPS than the Disc priest
    Mage adds get +800% damage because target switching and interrupting is hard

Why kill adds when there is a boss around?

Deleted
    A lot of people don't bother with adds, unless it's a large AOE pack. Wiped a couple of times yesterday, bunch died due to I don't know what. It was also requested that DPS don't attack him while he's in defensive stance.. Oh how people don't listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love those gigantic white blocks on your screen. What addon is that?

Those numbers look similar to my run earlier today. Took 6 or so wipes.

Fortunately, with Flex around, I don't feel obligated to do LFR. Ever. Flex is like LFR without the 20 people who don't listen and expect me to do their jobs for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    I love those gigantic white blocks on your screen. What addon is that?
    I believe it is called "Microsoft Paint Privacy Filter" or something similar.

Boy last night was the longest lfr night for me. after 4 wips on Nazgrim, we managed to nail it :/ i m not going into LFR again sometimes soon. True i didn't know the fight, but checking journal, listening to starts and in general "its-bad-if-not-placed-by-us" (un)common sense, it wasn't a tough fight. But as it turned out many ppl don't look at the chat box much while in lfr. at least thats what i m assuming, as even with spamming the chat with "DON'T ATTACK BOSS" a few ppl kept on him. God, never felt so exhausted running LFR

I've had a couple frustrating experiences with the encounters in the most recently opened wing. On Nazgrim players tend to ignore adds as his health gets lower, which, when coupled with extra adds at 10%, is a recipe for a wipe. And I have yet to have the raid lead be someone capabale of using /rw to put Stop DPS commands up in the middle of the screen where they're harder to ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Whats even cooler is how half the raid couldn't break 75k.

Yay for the timeless isle allowing people to fly through content and then have ilevel 450 weapons so they do no damage :P

Ya I'm not sure what Blizzard was thinking when they put a boss in LFR that is required not to be attacked for a period of time.

Yeah, when I did it on Tuesday it was terrible as well. Our tanks were spamming STOP ATTACK! in raid warning. I was calling out to kill warshamans as they appeared and kiting them as well (Hunter), really hard to kite when there's around 3-4 ravagers just spinning everywhere.
    Finished with 5 stacks of Determination.
    At least the totems and stuff have slightly nerfed health now so people will deal with it easier.

I'm sure more of it will be nerfed. I mean, man, his rage just zooms up because people don't want to target switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Ya I'm not sure what Blizzard was thinking when they put a boss in LFR that is required not to be attacked for a period of time.
    Someone doesn't remember LFR Spine on the days before reset... Things like that are what is slowly turning me into the Broken Vet.

One-shotted on Flexi with a average geared group. Mainly down to us not being retards. Didn't think it was difficult in any way shape or form, especially after the chaos that was Dark Shamans prior (we probably just had wrong tactic there tbf).

I joined LFR thinking it'd be a walk in a park. Boy was I wrong.. My experience from about 10 wipes was people just stop giving up on the adds at about 10%-15% and think they can just gung-ho on the boss and it'll die. So, so many 5% wipes.. well.. they turn into 50% wipes as all the shamans end up getting heals off.

Eventually everyone got it into their heads what to do - with the assistance of about three or so people spamming "IGNORE THE BOSS, KILL THE ADDS" for the entire second half of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    My group yesterday fortunately one-shot nazgrim due to some people explaining the fights really well. We did have a lot of problems with Galakras pre-lude phase due to nobody joining the tank in the towers and the juggernaut thing because of the massive aoe raid damage. Galakras took us like 3-4 attempts and juggernaut like 2-3 or so. Oh yeah, the shamans took us like 2-3 tries aswell because one of the tanks didn't know what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    They think that all of their players are prodigies.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

Yay for the timeless isle allowing people to fly through content and then have ilevel 450 weapons so they do no damage :P
    Guilty as charged. My hunter dinged 90 on Tuesday late at night, the next afternoon I was in SoO LFR with a ilvl 429 green bow pulling less than 70k DPS on single target. Was a bit embarassing. Got myself a new bow now and comfortably pulling ahead now. It's crazy how much DPS you get from the weapon alone. So many people are making up their ilvl's with the other gear but lacking it in their main hand, so bad for melee & hunters etc.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had a similar run today, except I was the disc priest and i was like 12th on dps. People refuse to switch to adds, people refuse to stop dps on the boss, etc, etc. Ended up taking 6 attempts. Teach me to queue just for the loot bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    I've had a couple frustrating experiences with the encounters in the most recently opened wing. On Nazgrim players tend to ignore adds as his health gets lower, which, when coupled with extra adds at 10%, is a recipe for a wipe. And I have yet to have the raid lead be someone capabale of using /rw to put Stop DPS commands up in the middle of the screen where they're harder to ignore.
    People often ignore RW really, it doesn't make that much difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

On the one hand I understand the weapon stinginess in Blizzard's game design, but on the other hand, if it's trivial to pick up a half dozen pieces of 496 armor, it should be equally trivial to pick up, at least, a 476 weapon.

Blizzard has gone overboard with the "keeping raid weapons in the raid" approach, to the point where if you are patient you can come up with an almost complete set of 535 (pre-upgrade) gear, and the best weapon you can get your hands on outside a raid is 502 (pre-upgrade) for 30 days of cooldowns and a pretty serious bill of materials. (I'm omitting PvP gear but you can't get the Grievous weapons yet anyway.)

In my opinion, the gear level you can get outside a raid might as well be more or less matched by weapons of at least similar level available outside raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post
    Had a similar run today, except I was the disc priest and i was like 12th on dps. People refuse to switch to adds, people refuse to stop dps on the boss, etc, etc. Ended up taking 6 attempts. Teach me to queue just for the loot bag.
    It might look like the group isn't doing the right things, but even when a group with typical "meh" gear and ability is doing mostly the right things, it takes several stacks of determination to get Naz down before enrage. The encounter just isn't tuned right.

If you wind up in a group that gets him down in 1 or 2 pulls they are way, way better than average in gear and/or experience. It's not realistic to expect a typical group to 1-shot Nazgrim at the moment.

Fights like this don't go very well with LFR mentality. Too many "not straight forward" things like target switching and damage stop. I wonder when Blizzard will start designing actual different mechanics for LFR that basically make ever encounter patchwerk, just because these things have a tendency to become unbearable over time.

On the other hand, a few wipes can't hurt, or can they? Even the worst LFR group will down bosses eventually.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

I don't see a problem with putting mechanics that require brainpower in LFR. People will fail at it and bitch and moan for a few weeks but eventually they'll learn.

Lei Shen was my favourite part of doing LFR ToT. You actually had to work together, and post strats, set up markers, etc. People got it or they quit/were kicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.