Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    best lfr solutions -

Immerseus - remove adds, make him get cleansed after he has been killed 5 times.
    Fallen protectors - no transition adds, only default boss spells, 10% extra dmg every time a boss loses 33% hp.
    Norushen - remove phase zone, bring the adds on the outside, if you get the add you get cleansed(they dont have to die) and adds are static, no casting, remove big add.
    Sha of pride - remove all swelling pride mechanics, at 100% corruption/pride you deal 10% less dmg.
    Galakras - reduce minibosses hp/dmg by 75%, all of them spawn in the start, no waves. when tower is rdy it automatically shoots the drake, no need to send ppl to clear towers
    Iron juggernaut - crawler mines change mechanic they only blow up if you step on it and deal dmg only to the guy stepping. remove rest of assault mode. siege mode - remove knockback, make it an interrupt, remove tar on the ground.
    Dark shamans - remove wolves, storm doesnt move/doesnt spawn tornados, ashen wall is only 1 npc not a wall of 10, remove foul geyser and falling ash.
    Nazgrim - rework the fight this way: you get battle stance, then berserk, then the boss jumps away, 5 adds spawn every 20s for 1 minute and despawn when the boss comes back. adds only spawn when he goes away

ez fix

LFR is gonna be rough this tier by pure virtue of most normal/heroic raiders will completely skip it in favor of flex raiding.

The best you can hope for in LFR is alts of raiders I guess.

I think they should eiter

a) make the effects trivial if people are hitting the boss during def stance or
    b) give them a clear indicator that they're doing something wrong... emotes, a stacking debuff or something.

Right now, the whole group gets punished for individual mistakes and you don't even have a way to identify the culprit (unless using special addons like Ensidia Fails etc.). Sure, it's okay for normal/hc raids, not that great for groups consisting of 25 strangers.

It's like Garalon before his "Garalon senses XY beneath him and prepares to crush" emote, and the raid was like "Who the f*** always walks under his belly so he does his AoE???"
    Last edited by Lil; 2013-09-26 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    LFR is gonna be rough this tier by pure virtue of most normal/heroic raiders will completely skip it in favor of flex raiding.

Yep, I was going to be one of them. I'll run LFR on my main until I've cleared it (have to do it once, right?!) and then as soon as I don't need anymore gear from there, which I'm kinda already at tbh.. I won't be stepping in it again on that char.

However initially on my hunter I had no intentions of raiding with properly - don't have the time to raid on 2 chars, however now I'm thinking I may as well just push that char onto Flexi as it'll be soo much easier and worthwhile than running LFR in this tier.

I did this fight yesterday. We wiped 4 times in a row, it was horrible.

8 of the DPS did less than 60K. That shouldn't be possible unless you're super bad or half afk wanking, but they somehow managed to do it. Certain people also showed inability to kite. 2 of the Hunters did not use conc shot or disengage when being attacked by the assassin, instead, they decided to... backpedal.

When the first axe spawned, at least 2+ people would die instantly.. Axe is super slow and easy to avoid, but they still dropped like flies.

We did get him in the end, because we had 2 shamans and 1 hunter pulling 200k+ DPS and that was just barely. This fight is evil in LFR and I dread to think what would happen if all the DPSers did 60kish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    On the one hand I understand the weapon stinginess in Blizzard's game design, but on the other hand, if it's trivial to pick up a half dozen pieces of 496 armor, it should be equally trivial to pick up, at least, a 476 weapon.

Blizzard has gone overboard with the "keeping raid weapons in the raid" approach, to the point where if you are patient you can come up with an almost complete set of 535 (pre-upgrade) gear, and the best weapon you can get your hands on outside a raid is 502 (pre-upgrade) for 30 days of cooldowns and a pretty serious bill of materials. (I'm omitting PvP gear but you can't get the Grievous weapons yet anyway.)

In my opinion, the gear level you can get outside a raid might as well be more or less matched by weapons of at least similar level available outside raids.

- - - Updated - - -

It might look like the group isn't doing the right things, but even when a group with typical "meh" gear and ability is doing mostly the right things, it takes several stacks of determination to get Naz down before enrage. The encounter just isn't tuned right.

If you wind up in a group that gets him down in 1 or 2 pulls they are way, way better than average in gear and/or experience. It's not realistic to expect a typical group to 1-shot Nazgrim at the moment.
    You can get a 476 weapon for 20k coinds. Theres no reason someone should be going into LFR with anything less. By the time you get all your catch up gear on the isle (unless your main sent you the items) you should have a weapon.

Deleted
    Having 70-80% of your raid stop dps during defensive is probably the worst thing you can do on this fight. It has to be all or nothing. Either the whole raid nukes through defensive stance, or the whole raid stops dps. Good luck getting the last 10-30% to listen though, so in the future it may be best to just brute force it by ignoring defensive stance.

The key point is that there is no benefit to stopping dps unless everyone in the raid stops dps. The rage gain has a 1 second cooldown, and it doesn't take many attackers to give him the maximum rage he can get from defensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    Boy last night was the longest lfr night for me. after 4 wips on Nazgrim, we managed to nail it :/ i m not going into LFR again sometimes soon. True i didn't know the fight, but checking journal, listening to starts and in general "its-bad-if-not-placed-by-us" (un)common sense, it wasn't a tough fight. But as it turned out many ppl don't look at the chat box much while in lfr. at least thats what i m assuming, as even with spamming the chat with "DON'T ATTACK BOSS" a few ppl kept on him. God, never felt so exhausted running LFR
    =I get to scumbag dps awwww yiss....I mean no I would never. I went to 7 stacks of determination the other night because mongoloids cant switch to the adds. Being top on boss damage AND on add damage made me sad. Y U DO DIS.

PS: I really hate people from azralon, gallywix, quelthanas, and ragnaros alsdjkahsl;dfha;sdlf its like trying to communicate with a brick

all I do is reg raid and flex. only reason I wanted to do lfr was to see if I could get gloves for my 4pc.....didnt happen D:
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-09-26 at 04:17 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    You can get a 476 weapon for 20k coinds. Theres no reason someone should be going into LFR with anything less. By the time you get all your catch up gear on the isle (unless your main sent you the items) you should have a weapon.
    \there is a reason and the reson is lfr gating is strickly itlv - and with htis system u can jum; in there in quest greens as long as u have purples in backpack and as long as people will be able to do it people will do it cause they simp-ly dont give a flying f*** about anyone else -_-

This is one of the easier fights on normal. Guess I shouldn't be surprised about LFR. Again this is why in tier 16 I decided to not run LFR anymore.

End the madness and use Flex through OQueue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    But but, we are Legion; We don't need those elitists asshole, never !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Blizzard has gone overboard with the "keeping raid weapons in the raid" approach, to the point where if you are patient you can come up with an almost complete set of 535 (pre-upgrade) gear, and the best weapon you can get your hands on outside a raid is 502 (pre-upgrade) for 30 days of cooldowns and a pretty serious bill of materials. (I'm omitting PvP gear but you can't get the Grievous weapons yet anyway.)
    At least in cata you had a fistful of weapons from the free-loot-5-mans to get you into dragonsoul LFR.

I don't see why they couldn't just throw up 502's for 2200 VP(2h, 1100 1h) and call it a day.

The problem with Nazgrim LFR isn't the damage stop, but rather the person who suffers when dps doesn't stop is pretty much the tank, first and formost. So naturally, the tank dies, raid blames the tank and or heals, vote-kicks, gets new tank/heals who doesn't know the fight, and the process repeats.

Deleted

Well, considering it's the first week this fight has been out in LFR, you can't expect perfection. Not every person in LFR has done it in Flex mode; heck, a lot of people that do LFR probably have never done flex.

It'll get better within the next few weeks- when people start getting familiar with the fight. Happens every time a new LFR is implemented.

Also, complaining about LFR dps is just sort of silly. I've come to accept that a lot of LFR players aren't going to exactly be cream of the crop. That DK on that skada list, was he/she a tank? Before complaining about the lower tier dps- be damned sure that it's not a tank (or even a healer).
    Last edited by taheen74; 2013-09-26 at 04:39 PM.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

10+ Year Old Account
    oh im definately stealing that one
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Shaman was the raid killer in LFR for me, not Nazgrim. We only had two wipes on that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    =I get to scumbag dps awwww yiss....I mean no I would never. I went to 7 stacks of determination the other night because mongoloids cant switch to the adds. Being top on boss damage AND on add damage made me sad. Y U DO DIS.

PS: I really hate people from azralon, gallywix, quelthanas, and ragnaros alsdjkahsl;dfha;sdlf its like trying to communicate with a brick

all I do is reg raid and flex. only reason I wanted to do lfr was to see if I could get gloves for my 4pc.....didnt happen D:
    Hey, I'm from Azralon and you are not talking with bricks.
    azralon and gallywix are brazilian servers, and english is not our first language, sometimes they don't know english, but it doesn't mean you should hate us.

Quote Originally Posted by guybrush88 View Post
    It's crazy how much DPS you get from the weapon alone. So many people are making up their ilvl's with the other gear but lacking it in their main hand, so bad for melee & hunters etc.
    ilvl is a flawed measure of player power. It needs to weight the weapon more heavily on certain classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    20k coins for weapons off timeless isle, 476 ilvl.
    Unless you're a holy paladin.

Anyway, the ilvl 498 PvP weapons are easy enough to get.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Get guildie tanks and healers and its a breeze. Oneshot every LFR boss with 2 guild tanks, 1 guild healer and 1 guild DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Get guildie tanks and healers and its a breeze. Oneshot every LFR boss with 2 guild tanks, 1 guild healer and 1 guild DPS.
    You don't get it, do you?
    People who are the target audience for LFR have no guild, because they CBA to waste their precious life to search some. They CBA to waste their life on searching for friends in online game. They CBA to waste their life on reading guides to learn the very basics neither of the raid mechanics, nor on the very basics of playing their classes. All they want is, let me quote the guy from the official forums:

This means that they want to get the loot, feel accomplished, but they don't have the time to research the fight, learn their class, get the right things done at the right time. ...they want to get in, get out, and feel happy
    So basically they want to press a button and receive epics. Guilds and friends are not needed for that process.

I'm kind of amused, because I do remember the drama around LFR, when people were literally throwing rocks in "filthy" "elitist" "nolifers", who "are not needed to complete" their precious LFRs. We definitely can see now how are they not needed.