15+ Year Old Account

Stopmacro if target exists

Hi all,

we had some prolems yesterday with galakras. basically the focus dmg was not happening because we played like shit, so we figured it would help if everyone has a macro for always focusing the highest priority target.

soooo... the priority is healing tide totem if available, otherwise war banner if available, otherwise shaman if available, otherwise bonecrusher. after that it doesn't matter anymore.

the idea from one of us was this:

Code:
    /targetexact Dragonmaw Bonecrusher
    /targetexact Dragonmaw Tidal Shaman
    /targetexact Dragonmaw War Banner
    /targetexact Healing Tide Totem
    it worked, so if the shaman was present the shaman was targeted, otherwise it was a bonecrusher.
    but for some reason, this always stopped at the shaman, it never targeted the banner or the totem.

Now if anyone already sees a reason for this, go ahead, I would appreciate any help for this.

... But, being not able to log in and test it right now, I had another idea. stopmacro.

with stopmacro, I would use the exact reverse order

Code:
    /targetexact Healing Tide Totem
    /stopmacro [@target,exists]
    /targetexact Dragonmaw War Banner
    /targetexact Dragonmaw Tidal Shaman
    /targetexact Dragonmaw Bonecrusher
    may this work? or is there any other way to get a macro which targets something according priority?

maybe this?

Code:
    /targetexact [exists] Healing Tide Totem
    /targetexact [exists] Dragonmaw War Banner
    /targetexact [exists] Dragonmaw Tidal Shaman
    /targetexact [exists] Dragonmaw Bonecrusher

any help appreciated.

thanks
    xeb
    Last edited by xebtria; 2013-09-26 at 08:41 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    totems and banners can't be targeted by macros probably, just like shammy's

Deleted
    I came across the same problem and, like Destard said, npc totems and banners seem to be unable to be targeted by macros, much like player totems and banners.

15+ Year Old Account
    ok, good to know. I could start a rant about how this most likely was due to a pvp balancing issue (totems can be easily destroyed with target+icelance macro, for example) and this is effecting pve now, but I better not. I rant inside myself for now, that must be sufficient...

thanks anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    this most likely was due to a pvp balancing issue (totems can be easily destroyed with target+icelance macro, for example)
    You're spot on, pretty much any Mage and Hunter had a totem macro they could spam with no effort involved. I think they changed that some time in TBC. (for the better, I might add)

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    this is effecting pve now, but I better not. I rant inside myself for now, that must be sufficient...
    on this fight, banners have 1 health. totems have 50,000 health.

you would never even see their nameplates pop up if these macros were possible. why would they even include the mechanic?