Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If classes had a fly spell that could make them fly for a few seconds, would be nice for WPvP for those who flee and mount up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Something like that would be kind of cool for all classes.

I'm....not sure how it'd work for warriors though. I guess Bladestorming through the air could work if you really stretched it. Or just give us a generic "Superman" flight skill.

I hope they never add flying demons or angel wings for Paladins.

So cheesy...

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I hope they never add flying demons or angel wings for Paladins.

So cheesy...

Some things are cliché or cheesy because they work. That's why they are overused.

Just saying 'no' because it's not original is way worse than something being cheesy or whatever.

Wings are something a lot of people like, that's why they are popular. This is why I am sad that the April Fools MMO-Champion was about the Blizzard store selling wing mounts. The wings already exist though, for warlocks in the form of Metamorphosis or Dark Apotheosis. Why not?

I mean.. I doubt those wings are there for show now. :P Illidan could fly, and Metamorphosis is a warlock mimicking Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Some things are cliché or cheesy because they work. That's why they are overused.

Just saying 'no' because it's not original is way worse than something being cheesy or whatever.

Wings are something a lot of people like, that's why they are popular. This is why I am sad that the April Fools MMO-Champion was about the Blizzard store selling wing mounts. The wings already exist though, for warlocks in the form of Metamorphosis or Dark Apotheosis. Why not?

I mean.. I doubt those wings are there for show now. :P Illidan could fly, and Metamorphosis is a warlock mimicking Illidan.
    It's cheesy because it becomes overused. Every Paladin and Warlock flying around with wings would look ridiculous. (And yes I think the flying Monks look ridiculous too)

Illidan could sort of fly. But Dreadlords had wings and couldn't fly ;P

Deleted
    I dont see any monk flying around using zen flight. Demon flight could be atleast equivalent glyph. If we cant get real flight form for 280% speed, then please blizzard give us that glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Hell no!

Classes getting flight forms is kinda unfair against other classes. Some classes gets everything, other classes gets nothing. Classes should be equal. But since Blizzard like 'experiment' things, classes are not equal badly enough. I wish that could be stopped. So if Warlock ever gets flying form through demons, then i want all other classes that doesn't have fly or mount forms have one too.
    Thats silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    It's cheesy because it becomes overused. Every Paladin and Warlock flying around with wings would look ridiculous. (And yes I think the flying Monks look ridiculous too)

Illidan could sort of fly. But Dreadlords had wings and couldn't fly ;P

It's overused because it works, like I said. And there aren't any mounts that are ridiculous (TO SOME PEOPLE) already? You don't really want to imply that, hmh?

And the Metamorphosis form is copying Illidan, not Dreadlords/Nathrezim. Even though I think those can fly, according to their death animation.

In fact, they apparently are supposed to be capable of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWPedia
    Although none of the nathrezim encountered in the Third War were actually seen to fly, accounts from the War of the Ancients clearly state that they flew without using magic. Using magic to fly is draining, and is not something a dreadlord would do under normal circumstances (though an eredar would have little difficulty).
    source: http://wowpedia.org/Nathrezim

As a demonology player let me say this, I could give two shits about getting flight form just because we have wings. Fix my damned dps so I am not getting out dps’d by players with gear that is 20 ilevels lower than mine.

Function before form people, priorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no!

Classes getting flight forms is kinda unfair against other classes. Some classes gets everything, other classes gets nothing. Classes should be equal. But since Blizzard like 'experiment' things, classes are not equal badly enough. I wish that could be stopped. So if Warlock ever gets flying form through demons, then i want all other classes that doesn't have fly or mount forms have one too.
    You're backwards, classes are supposed to have things that define them.

Roll for monks
    Army of the dead for DKs
    Bubble for pallys
    Stealth for rogues
    Forms for druids
    Tame beast for hunters
    Heroic leap for warriors
    Summoning/healthstones for warlocks

Adding flavor to classes is desperately needed now that class quests were removed.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I dont see any monk flying around using zen flight. Demon flight could be atleast equivalent glyph. If we cant get real flight form for 280% speed, then please blizzard give us that glyph.

Are you even discussing anything with anyone? You just seem to be making random posts complaining.

demo warlocks have wings, and flight animations. it would take zero effort to give them self powered flight.

so I say bring it on!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want our epic class mount with the glyph to fly in flying zones, water walk in non-flying zones, trailing fire in both types.

It's a Nightmare, after all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    then you run out of demonic fury mid-air and die
    More reason to make these a Glyph! I man i want to see all those warlock falling from the sky the first day it goes to live XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    You're backwards, classes are supposed to have things that define them.

Roll for monks
    Army of the dead for DKs
    Bubble for pallys
    Stealth for rogues
    Forms for druids
    Tame beast for hunters
    Heroic leap for warriors
    Summoning/healthstones for warlocks

Adding flavor to classes is desperately needed now that class quests were removed.
    I agree with you, but Zeror is not wrong, some class get a lot of cool stuf and anothers get none, it would be cool if Blizzard would add other type of quest like the green fire quest chain to the other class, so they can become kind of "unique" and have even more things to define them

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    hilariously enough they still take fall dmg, they just cant die from it
    They fixed it in 5.4 You only take about 10K damage from any height at lv 90.

- - - Updated - - -

Interestingly enough, Demo form already has a flying animation. Just have a priest cast levitate on you, go demon form and poof! Flying animation.

Deleted
    Just because somthing has wings, does not mean that they are useful for flying. Dodo's had 2 wings, and things didn't work out too well for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no!

how about no? fuck this line of thought seriously, that's why there is less and less flavor between classes... every class should be fucking unique, that's why it's another class. the more stuff that set it out to be different the better. Warlocks getting a flight form seems logic enough, Paladins could get something like that via the Holy light. Ofc it won't work for all classes though, Warriors for example... they can't really do anything so I guess they should prolly get a nice class mount; Hunters should be able to mount their pets and bam hundreds of new mounts in the game for hunters; rogues could get to blend with the shadows(similar to what Slark does in dota with his ulti) to travel at insane speeds but on the ground(basically flying speed but on ground and can walk on water+slow fall in case he falls), monks already have their flying cloud, just bump it to flying speed; and so on for other classes
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-09-26 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad enough the stuff they've already passed around or gotten rid of... let the Druids have their thing.

Deleted
    If you have levitating buff from priest, and you are in demon form, you will see that the demon form already has flying animation.

Some of us have felt that way since TBC, long before we had any kind of demon form. Actually, the thought was that Warlocks and Paladins should each get a class-specific flying mount. The warlock would - naturally - summon a demon and ride it through the air. Paladins get a Pegasus, nothing too surprising, really.

Since warlocks get demon form now, I wouldn't complain if they got a flight form too.