Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Do you think hearthstone will attract new players to wow?

Self explanatory

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will, however whether that number is significant is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    I think it will, however whether that number is significant is another story.
    Interesting, but you don't think that was blizzards sole purpose in creating the game correct?

I think their purpose in creating a new game was ... a new source of revenue?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes it will. And not just WoW but other Blizzard games as well.

Hearthstone is a great marketing tool for Blizzard. They are able to attract a new market segments to battle.net, which then allows Blizzard to effectively promote their products (Remember, Battle.net Launcher?).

Deleted
    It will most likely attract a small base of players, however the reason behind creating this game feels more like an attempt to cover new ground (both the F2P genre and the Digital Card Game Genre) considering the momentum both games like Shadow Era & Scrolls have amassed.

But if we're going into what the purpose theoretically behind this game is, and lets say that it is to attract more players to WoW, i'd think that the part of the playerbase (that doesn't know who the characters really are) will most likely just google around and read wikipedias around them, thus negating the main "purpose" of the game.

Still, it will be fun as h** to play it

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it..
    With the exception of spell/hero names, it have nothing in common..

Magic the Gathering didn't help Wizards of the Coast sell more Roborally board games, did it?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I doubt it..

Magic the Gathering didn't help Wizards of the Coast sell more Roborally board games, did it?
    That's a bit different now isnt it tho, MTG is set in a whole new universe, while Roborally has it's own
    Hearthstone is set in the/take advantage of the Warcraft universe.

I doubt it..

That's an unfair comparison since the two don't really have anything tying them together. That said, it might bring more people in, albeit a small amount. I agree with others that it's more of a strategy to get into the F2P and micro-transaction markets.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For some people yeah, for the majority? Nah.
    Butts.

No
    It have some similarities with WoW but it is in a different genre so it will attract a whole new audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will attract millions once you get cross-game rewards from wow to hearthstone to wow.

On battle.net launcher, I LOVE IT. Been using it since I heared about open beta. The thing I never thought of needing.
    PM me weird stuff :3

for 95% of players who try hearthstone that never played wow, I would say no as it is a completely different genre. It will however give blizzard a nice revenue bump, and anything that helps blizz stay afloat so they can keep making wow, I'm all for.

Perfect example. As i have no clue what Hearthstone is.

I doubt it the two games are in completely different genres.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there are people who will play WoW because of HS it will probably be a few thousand, but nothing to big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    I can't speak for other people but I can for myself, so no. And assuming I did come back, it wouldn't be because of Hearthstone.

I think it's more likely to get old players to resub out of nostalgia, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Perfect example. As i have no clue what Hearthstone is.
    Welcome to the Internet!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

idk. maybe some but i dont see the ipad crowd being into computer games theyre to busy with their angry birds and their 2 dollar mini games to take the time to sit down and play an mmo.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I think it'll bring very very few players.

Let's face it, everybody and their dog knows about WoW, particularly people who are into card games are the type to know a lot about the gaming world.

I think Hearthstone will be very successful though