1. #1

    Black Market on the Connected Realms

    I'm an Asian player,i heard the "the first Connected Realms" news on our forum.I'm so confusing about the mechanism of the Black Market on those connected realms.They still have their incorporated ones or share one Black Market?

    ps: excuse for my poor English

  2. #2
    well, they stated that auction houseS would be connected, just like if all were the same realm, so one would have to assume that this would include black market.

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbgr View Post
    well, they stated that auction houseS would be connected, just like if all were the same realm, so one would have to assume that this would include black market.
    But there is a big difference between the player AH and the Black Market AH, Blizz said you would still technically be on your "home realm" but you can interact with others, So I would assume the BMAH would be as it is now, separate for each realm, But it's not something I've seen any word on yet, so will be interesting to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    But there is a big difference between the player AH and the Black Market AH, Blizz said you would still technically be on your "home realm" but you can interact with others, So I would assume the BMAH would be as it is now, separate for each realm, But it's not something I've seen any word on yet, so will be interesting to know.
    If by 'technically' you (and they) mean hardware on their end, and there's no discernible difference to players, then they might as well be one realm. The only thing I can see so far that distinguishes 'connected' realms from just being 'a' realm is that name changes aren't required as they would have been if the servers had 'merged.' Which, I mean, cool story.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    But there is a big difference between the player AH and the Black Market AH, Blizz said you would still technically be on your "home realm" but you can interact with others, So I would assume the BMAH would be as it is now, separate for each realm, But it's not something I've seen any word on yet, so will be interesting to know.
    Blizz said AH would function as one, they did not say "all AH except for BMAH" so we have to assume that BMAH will be one as well. Besides, the original intent of BMAH was for blizz to leach gold out of the game to fight inflation. This works well on high pop, but on low pop the auctions rarely even get bid on, so why wouldn't they merge them with connected realms?

  6. #6
    "Connected realms" = server merge. Would be shocked if we kept separate BMAH.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbgr View Post
    Blizz said AH would function as one, they did not say "all AH except for BMAH" so we have to assume that BMAH will be one as well. Besides, the original intent of BMAH was for blizz to leach gold out of the game to fight inflation. This works well on high pop, but on low pop the auctions rarely even get bid on, so why wouldn't they merge them with connected realms?
    They said "the auction house" Not "Houses" So that means we will have to assume they didn't mean BMAH, If they were speaking of the Player AH and the NPC AH they wouldn't have spoken about it singular, Again, it's all speculation untill we see it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimble View Post
    "Connected realms" = server merge. Would be shocked if we kept separate BMAH.
    That's entirely false, It's in no way =server merge, The whole reason they are doing the "Connected Realms" is because they didn't want to go down the "server merge" route, Connected realms is like cross realm is now, except the AH of those realms is linked, and you can trade with one another, and join guilds/raids, It's a very different thing to a server merge, especially on a technical level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    They said "the auction house" Not "Houses" So that means we will have to assume they didn't mean BMAH, If they were speaking of the Player AH and the NPC AH they wouldn't have spoken about it singular, Again, it's all speculation untill we see it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's entirely false, It's in no way =server merge, The whole reason they are doing the "Connected Realms" is because they didn't want to go down the "server merge" route, Connected realms is like cross realm is now, except the AH of those realms is linked, and you can trade with one another, and join guilds/raids, It's a very different thing to a server merge, especially on a technical level.
    Yes it is the merging route, only reason we're not getting an actual merge is because people would lose character names, guild names and whole lot more trouble.
    Blizzard found a easy way to merge servers virtual but still be able to keep everything how it was.

    This is better for the players and blizzard.

    Less stress for everyone
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Yes it is the merging route, only reason we're not getting an actual merge is because people would lose character names, guild names and whole lot more trouble.
    Blizzard found a easy way to merge servers virtual but still be able to keep everything how it was.

    This is better for the players and blizzard.

    Less stress for everyone
    You say in the same sentence it's the merging route, then say it's not an actual merge, how can it be a merge, and not be a merge at the same time? That makes no sense, Hence why they say "connected" they are connected realms, not merged, Because each realm still exists as itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    You say in the same sentence it's the merging route, then say it's not an actual merge, how can it be a merge, and not be a merge at the same time? That makes no sense, Hence why they say "connected" they are connected realms, not merged, Because each realm still exists as itself.
    It's a server merger that keeps a couple of extra database tables in the background. It wouldn't even surprise me at all if the servers were running on virtual machines on the same physical machine.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    They said "the auction house" Not "Houses" So that means we will have to assume they didn't mean BMAH, If they were speaking of the Player AH and the NPC AH they wouldn't have spoken about it singular, Again, it's all speculation untill we see it..
    You know, instead of trying to play cute with the wordplay you can actually get on Boulderfist and Bloodscalp and see that they have the same contents.

  12. #12
    So,the two realms are actually connected? Would you mind to get on the "Connected Realms" ,find out what BMAH really happend?

    There are millions of chinese players want to know some details ,thank you !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •