World of Warcraft: The Silent Deeps (name not set in stone as of yet)
- From levels 90 to 95
- Antagonists are Azshara and her naga, Rastakhan and some of the zandalari, G’Theel and his faceless ones
- Takes place on a series of islands south of the maelstrom as well as some underwater zones
- The true nature of Elune and her connections to Azeroth will be a major plot point
- Guild ships are available at launch
- No classes, no races, no new models at launch, there will be further customization options though. These include extensive tattoos for NEs and dwarves, less damaged undead, more beards for blood elves, accent choices for humans.
- Flying is going to be taking a lesser role. There will be no flying until 95 and even then you won’t be travelling between zones with it. Boating will become a new skill.
- The expansion’s opening events involve the ‘casting off’ of the new capital cities.
- Capital cities will be available from level 93, Zul’Zi and New Gnomeregan. Zul’Zi is a series of interconnected ships slowly sailing the south seas from which Vol’Jin organises the Horde’s efforts whilst New Gnomeregan is a floating fortress of Gelbin’s design flying slowly around the south seas from which the Alliance directs its efforts.
- Kezan 90-91: The goblins of the island have been forced to resettle the desolate surface following major attacks coming from the faceless ones of G’Theel. Players from both factions will try to win over the desperate goblin cartels with displays of power and wealth and by secretly sabotaging the other side at every opportunity. Players will traverse both the surface and subterranean Undermine in equal measure in their quest.
- Broken Isles 90-91: These scattered and half-sunken islands have become the sight of a four way battle between the naga, orcs, dreanei and zandalari all searching for Gul’Dan’s leavings for separate reasons. While Alliance and Horde players do battle against the trolls and naga for their own reasons they find in each other unlikely allies; dreanei wanting the demonic items destroyed and the frostwolf viewing the battles as a chance for redemption for their people. Players will traverse both land and sea as they quest through the islands. Both Velen and Thrall will be present.
- Kul’Tiras 91-93: After the events of the Third War and Daelin Proudmoore’s death the isle of Kul’Tiras became a haven for those angered by the Alliance and hateful of the Horde. But years of poor leadership in the face of the pirate threat and the recent naga attacks have forced some to revaluate their loyalties and now they look to their nearby neighbours for aid. Alliance players will attempt to secure the sea-faring nation’s allegiance whilst Horde players attempt to stop the union under the guise of mutual benefit and friendship. Genn and Varian will both be present, as well as Galen Trollbane and the blood elf noble Lady Mera.
- Blind Rift 91-93: The Old God G’Theel has ripped a rift through the ocean floor attempting to escape raising a slapdash island in the process. The landmass is covered in the carcasses of dead and dying sea creatures and slowly being overrun by new and powerful faceless ones. The Alliance and Horde make landfall on the island seeking to purge the corruption but have to contend with the growing powers of an Old God hungering for what the Titans stole.
- Zuluzane Jungle 92-94: Most of those who fled Zandalar with Zul lived in this low lying jungle. Even now it sinks into the ocean and crawls with naga attackers. Warchief Vol’Jin seeks to aid the Loa and citizens left behind by Zul but finds an enemy in a suspicious Rastakhan. Alliance players sent by Priestess Tyrande scour the jungle for a sacred item wanted by the naga as well, something they believe could turn the tides of the war. Players will traverse the island for their own reasons and slowly uncover the Zandalari mysteries; all the while the jungle slips faster and faster into the sea.
- Mount Mugamba 93-95: The northern half of Zandalar is dominated by this massive mountain and is home to Zandalar’s capital. The players venturing north from the jungle alongside Tyrande and Vol’Jin face fiercer resistance from Rastakhan’s own armies but gain help from their allies. Tauren have come to hopefully commune with both An’She and the Earthmother at the top of Mugamba whilst the living Bronzebeard brothers lead an expedition into the heart of the mountain.
- Nazjatar 94-95: Miles beneath the maelstrom sits the capital city of the naga. Players descend to the ocean floor to take the fight to Azshara only to discover her missing, but her legions and monsters waiting nonetheless. With feats of engineering and tauren/night elf/titan magic the factions work to level the playing field against the oceanic monsters and discover more about Azeroth’s moons.
- The Crooked Throne
- The Endless Dark
- Tomb of Sargeras
- The Tinker’s Temple
- Stormreaver Wreckage
- Plunder Caverns
- The Monument of Flesh
- The Aureate Harbour
- Palace of the Highborne