Dark shamans stealthed nerfed yesterday?

I'm not positive of this, my guild may have just had a perfect one shot kill last night. Last week we pounded our heads on them for a few hours only getting them to 11% on best attempt, and this week they seemed to die a shitload faster then they were last week. I dont think it was execution they just seemed to be taking more damage (or mitigating less).

Deleted
    the gear you got from week one made a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphenz View Post
    the gear you got from week one made a difference
    Plus the added fact that you spent a few hours 'pounding your head' against them. All your members going in 'Fresh' this week, having mentally worked out the fight in their heads from what they learned. I'm sure this is one of the biggest factors.

Our first week, we did the same.. Only able to get them down to 20%. Week after we 1 shot it.

Not really, we raided monday night, were working on shammies all night. started over tuesday, and sure we got a few pieces but not a crapload. wens we went in and one-shot it.

Can I ask if this is normal or heroic?

Our raiders complained about the melee-boss (the one with iron tombs etc) having been stealth-buffed - apparantly the foul stream seemed alot bigger than last week. I'm healing the ranged outside, so don't really know for sure, though :s.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I'm not positive of this, my guild may have just had a perfect one shot kill last night. Last week we pounded our heads on them for a few hours only getting them to 11% on best attempt, and this week they seemed to die a shitload faster then they were last week. I dont think it was execution they just seemed to be taking more damage (or mitigating less).
    A couple of things..

1) you were mentally fresh and ready for it this helps allot frustation over wipes leads tosilly msitakes!
    2) Gear is alsawy good but don't discount LFR adn flex gear your guildies may have gotten outside of your raid that could boost it as well!
    3) a major part of the fight is tanks performing wall placement and gyser properly. If they went back watched soem vids and read some strats tehy may have figured out a more ideal placement / taunt rotation to make it easyer on the rest of the group!

It could be any other variables but I would say those are probably the most likely candidates... never underestimate peoepl going over logs / vids after a night of wipes and being determined to "get it done" and "not be hte one causing the wipe!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Our raiders complained about the melee-boss (the one with iron tombs etc) having been stealth-buffed - apparantly the foul stream seemed alot bigger than last week. I'm healing the ranged outside, so don't really know for sure, though :s.
    It's definitely bigger than the marker indicates, found that out the hardway last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I'm healing the ranged outside
    Off Topic - You didn't find a Priest?!?!?! One less Hunter out there..

The only change to that fight was from Week 1 to Week 2. They stealth BUFFED the Toxic DOT. Week 1 it hit like trash and riptide was keeping people topped. Week 2 it was hitting like PTR values where people actually had to CD the last 2 ticks to prevent being dropped to 1/2 hp.

Other than that , fight is the same annoying piece of shit it was in week 1.