1. #1

    Infusion of Light 2 set bonus

    Hi guys,

    Do you think that the infusion of light 2 set bonus will persuade 'many' holy pallys to go crit heavy? I've seen holy pallys on my server that make sure they have the 3507 haste and then go: mastery > crit > haste for the secondary stats.
    They say:
    (1) The crit has been very helpful to Eternal Flame HoT.
    (2) The crit increased the amount of Infusion of Light procs.--
    As you know, Holy Shock already has a 25% chance to crit, so they are getting their crit up to 20% and gaining another 5% from raid buff for a total of 50% crit chance with Holy Shock. So pretty much every other HS is a crit which procs Infusion of Light. So if you cast something like Holy Radiance next, the cast time is reduced by 1.5 sec obviously, but ALSO the SPELL effect is 25% STRONGER. That's a lot of heals being 25% stronger throughout the course of a fight with Infusion of light.

    That is what has been explained to me from some Holy Pallys that have 2 bosses down already in 25 man normal. Currently, I see a lot of the high end raiders still going mastery > haste > crit. But though I'd ask if crit has the potential to surpass haste, keeping the 2 set bonus in mind.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverlust View Post
    That is what has been explained to me from some Holy Pallys that have 2 bosses down already in 25 man normal.
    I'm pretty sure my alt could beat that. That said that doesn't mean I actually know fuck all of anything about how to gear/play my priest.

  3. #3
    2 bosses in SoO -- for a casual raiding guild that only raids 25 man Normal on Tuesday & Wednesday, 7-10pm , that's not bad for the raid being out one week.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverlust View Post
    Hi guys,

    Do you think that the infusion of light 2 set bonus will persuade 'many' holy pallys to go crit heavy? I've seen holy pallys on my server that make sure they have the 3507 haste and then go: mastery > crit > haste for the secondary stats.
    They say:
    (1) The crit has been very helpful to Eternal Flame HoT.
    (2) The crit increased the amount of Infusion of Light procs.--
    As you know, Holy Shock already has a 25% chance to crit, so they are getting their crit up to 20% and gaining another 5% from raid buff for a total of 50% crit chance with Holy Shock. So pretty much every other HS is a crit which procs Infusion of Light. So if you cast something like Holy Radiance next, the cast time is reduced by 1.5 sec obviously, but ALSO the SPELL effect is 25% STRONGER. That's a lot of heals being 25% stronger throughout the course of a fight with Infusion of light.

    That is what has been explained to me from some Holy Pallys that have 2 bosses down already in 25 man normal. Currently, I see a lot of the high end raiders still going mastery > haste > crit. But though I'd ask if crit has the potential to surpass haste, keeping the 2 set bonus in mind.
    For a non-sarcastic reply: No, do not go for Crit.
    Crit is a good stat, but it's not dependable.
    Your stat weights should go:
    Spirit to your comfortable (me, 15-16k) > Haste to 3506 (for 13 ticks of EF) or 7170 (14 ticks) > Mastery.
    Also gem for int if applicable. Int is still our best throughput stat.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,649
    Something to think about (also non-sarcastic), is that you get 1% crit per 600 rating, versus 1% for 425 haste and 1% for 480 mastery.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    Also gem for int if applicable. Int is still our best throughput stat.

    Bouchbagette showed this to be untrue with his spreadsheet, showing mastery/haste values at > 0.5 if Int = 1. How true this actually is, I'm not sure. It could all depend on healing comp, size, and play style.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •