Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Dreadlord Deruyter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    817

    Ok, so I feel like im (almost) done with 5.4 already. Now it's a ~10 month wait? :(

    This question popped into my mind today after realizing that I'm done with the Timless Isle (both in rewards and in having fun).
    Do you guys think we will get some more content between now and the next expansion? Or will this be it from the next ~10 months !?

    I flex Raid once a week and I love it, but outside of that I seem to be out of fun or meaningfull things to do right now.

    P.s. yes, I play other games too, but I like to have a reason to log into WoW aswell

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    4,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This question popped into my mind today after realizing that I'm done with the Timless Isle (both in rewards and in having fun).
    Do you guys think we will get some more content between now and the next expansion? Or will this be it from the next ~10 months !?

    I flex Raid once a week and I love it, but outside of that I seem to be out of fun or meaningfull things to do right now.

    P.s. yes, I play other games too, but I like to have a reason to log into WoW aswell
    There will be a 5.5 but it may or may not have as much content as 5.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  3. #3
    So grinding out content in 2 weeks and you blame WoW for not providing you more content? I think there will be a 5.5 in 3-4 months. Maybe a pre-pre-expantion patch changing the in game warchief and a few breadcrumb quests or a small-very small daily hub as we prepare for the next big baddie.

  4. #4
    Why don't you try joining a raiding guild and clearing normal/moving into heroics? Those can give you the time in WoW you would like.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    So grinding out content in 2 weeks and you blame WoW for not providing you more content?
    Nuh uh. Even I, a really staunch supporter of this expansion, think 5.4 is kind of a letdown for day-to-day activities. There's very little on the Timeless Isle to do if you don't need the gear. The island had a shelf life of, maybe, a month for people who used it casually. This is pretty much 4.3 in terms of "Whelp, I logged in today. It's not one of my raid days. Should I - oh, right, there's nothing new to do now that I'm geared."

    It's why I'm such a big proponent of daily quests. They made 5.0 content last. Made 5.1 content last. Made 5.2 content last. 5.3 and 5.4 are essentially a couple weeks and "why are you still doing this?"

  6. #6
    Dreadlord Cinnamohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Enterprise, AL
    Posts
    817
    Don't expect anything much.

  7. #7
    Only thing I no is what I seen in interviews are that 5.4 is last raid patch the next patch will a transition like patch leading us into the next expansion

  8. #8
    Better off quitting wow till new expansion comes out unless you love doing dailies over and over or try heroic raids with guilds. Nothing new is coming out by looks of it

  9. #9
    I really think it depends on the individual, everyone enjoys different things, for me, im not much on dailies and questing once i have done them. I play wow for the raiding progression to kill every boss on heroic, which with my guild generally takes till almost the end of the tier which is fine, we still accomplish it. I been enjoying flex and some normal bosses on my alt as well, with that said, with so many bosses this tier, im enjoying it, however, if i was one that did more questing and dailies, i can actually understand the op's frustration, if you like to raid, there is plenty to do but if not, im not really sure what else to tell u but to maybe level alts up. Good luck regardless on what you decide.

  10. #10
    Dreadlord Deruyter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    So grinding out content in 2 weeks and you blame WoW for not providing you more content?
    Well, normally I would agree but I hardly grinded at all. It was all over and done in no time.

    All you can do there is wait for Huolon to spawn and that's it. Is that content that lasts :S !?

  11. #11
    There's always lvl ink toons lol

  12. #12
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    564
    I got sick and bored of time less isle the first evening, SoO is still providing fun though.

  13. #13
    I'm still working on the 100k coin mount...it's taking a good long while. I recommend maybe gearing up an alt in the meantime...it's quite fun (for me at least) to bring in a fresh 90 to the isle, deck them out, and watch their damage/healing numbers soar.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

  14. #14
    I think you need to look at the Content patches as additions and not replacements to the content.

    Because the Isle so "casual". I'm spending far more time doing things I actually enjoy in WOW like BG's, Pet Battles, Solo old content, Rare farming.... polishing off achievements.

    It's for that reason, 5.4 is the best patch of the expansion (imo) because the content it added was mostly weekly focused and not daily. My 2c.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by kazijan View Post
    Why don't you try joining a raiding guild and clearing normal/moving into heroics? Those can give you the time in WoW you would like.
    Because it's just more of the same. Maybe I'm just burnt out, but normals/heroics have lost their flavor to me, for a while now, and the addition of two additional levels of content (first LFR, now Flex), and there really is no reason for someone who doesn't want to commit to a set schedule and feel obligated to work that into their gaming habits to do so.

    This is coming from a former top tier raider who thrived on a 4- to 5-night a week schedule for more than a year and who went from making the decision to raid normal+ again to working on heroic bosses inside of a few weeks in T15. Ho hum. Wasn't fulfilling. Different strokes and all that.

    Broken Veteran, indeed, lol.

  16. #16
    I'm guessing about 8/9 months until the next expansion with 5.5 released somewhere in between in January or February.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.


  17. #17
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,501
    Obviously there are pet battles (cellestial tournament is supposed to be quite hard), pvp and heroic raids as well as alts - but if that is not for you then I guess you are stuck with what we have. What about that Emperor rep on the Isle. You do have that at exhalted already? Wow...then you do have spend a lot of time there.

    Will it be for 10 months? That we don't know.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindican View Post
    Because it's just more of the same. Maybe I'm just burnt out, but normals/heroics have lost their flavor to me, for a while now, and the addition of two additional levels of content (first LFR, now Flex), and there really is no reason for someone who doesn't want to commit to a set schedule and feel obligated to work that into their gaming habits to do so.

    This is coming from a former top tier raider who thrived on a 4- to 5-night a week schedule for more than a year and who went from making the decision to raid normal+ again to working on heroic bosses inside of a few weeks in T15. Ho hum. Wasn't fulfilling. Different strokes and all that.

    Broken Veteran, indeed, lol.
    Yup. Scheduled raiding really looses it's appeal after a few years of it... even more so when there are viable alternatives.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    I think you need to look at the Content patches as additions and not replacements to the content.

    Because the Isle so "casual". I'm spending far more time doing things I actually enjoy in WOW like BG's, Pet Battles, Solo old content, Rare farming.... polishing off achievements.

    It's for that reason, 5.4 is the best patch of the expansion (imo) because the content it added was mostly weekly focused and not daily. My 2c.
    I gotta say, the length of the ICC and Dragon Soul tiers must have been amazing for you.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Nuh uh. Even I, a really staunch supporter of this expansion, think 5.4 is kind of a letdown for day-to-day activities. There's very little on the Timeless Isle to do if you don't need the gear. The island had a shelf life of, maybe, a month for people who used it casually. This is pretty much 4.3 in terms of "Whelp, I logged in today. It's not one of my raid days. Should I - oh, right, there's nothing new to do now that I'm geared."

    It's why I'm such a big proponent of daily quests. They made 5.0 content last. Made 5.1 content last. Made 5.2 content last. 5.3 and 5.4 are essentially a couple weeks and "why are you still doing this?"
    I'm starting to feel that Blizz needs to give us, well, everything. Dailies with story (like 5.1), scenarios, dungeons, and a timeless isle. I think only then will there be enough content for 3 months. More importantly it would be varied since there would be several options. The OP is right, timeless isle, although fun and different from what Blizz has done before, is not enough.
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •