Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I get where you are coming from. Their lack of cool animations, gear for my taste and plain physical state is what made me change main from it as soon as I had time for it. I started out as one in vanilla, and in early TBC I finally got time to change to a more interesting class.

However, I do like my hunter from time to time, so I've brought it up with me every expansion.

Everyone has their class they can't get along with I guess, or well, most do. I can't get along with my Deathknight anymore, but did for many years hate the rogue class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters don't need fancy spell effects when we've got shiny pets. We can tame freakin dinosaurs for god's sake. That's plenty cool enough for me.

Deleted
    Guns. Nuff said.

Up until about Cata, in raids, the hunters "flashiness" was in their unmatched mobility. Good hunters could dance around without missing a single step in their rotation, and that is what made them look so badass.

Also, hunters have a bunch of abilities that seem useless but when applied right can be the difference between a wipe and a victory.

For example a well timed distracting shot on an enraged boss can buy the rest of the raid an extra second of DPS, and sometimes that's all it takes.

And also up until cata hunters had amazing avoidance. So hunters also had a reputation of surviving errant aggro pulls. Then they took the dodge out of agi

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ickabob View Post
    Hunters don't need fancy spell effects when we've got shiny pets. We can tame freakin dinosaurs for god's sake. That's plenty cool enough for me.
    This is also true

10+ Year Old Account
    Lvling a hunter is extremely boring. Only reason why I got 2 of them is because I pushed myself.

First class I made back in BC was my hunter and it will always be my main. I always play the ranged class in RPGs I can't explain why but when I play my hunter it just feels right I like being at the back of the raid sniping the boss while my pet charges in and takes a chunk out of him. They dont need to do super cool backflips while shooting or shoot a rocket launcher that causes Azeroth to sink they are just an archer/gunner with a pet by their side. Although they could do with some more uniqueness between specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Yes people look at the animations. They also select a race based on how it looks, not because of the 1% secondary stat increase.
    Hmmm. Well, I don't. 1% secondary stat increases all the way for me.

Deleted
    All ranged classes are boring in wow. The basics is that you just stand somewhere and mash a few keys, unlike melees who need to move a lot and have cooler mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Maytroll View Post
    All ranged classes are boring in wow. The basics is that you just stand somewhere and mash a few keys, unlike melees who need to move a lot and have cooler mechanics.
    Static shock, thunderstruck, lightning whip, lightning balls, diffusion chain and bouncing bolts would like a word with you. Thats just one boss. I guess you was trolling right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgrip View Post
    Static shock, thunderstruck, lightning whip, lightning balls, diffusion chain and bouncing bolts would like a word with you. Thats just one boss. I guess you was trolling right?
    Please don't make the mechanics of few bosses into a general rule. Ranged classes do A LOT of standing around.

I love my hunter's utility. It's hard to think about it too closely though, because in reality a good hunter is more like a sniper, not Rambo. One shot, one kill. Can you imagine a raid where they tell the hunter to go, he fires, and the fight's over. Ha. But that's how it ought to be. Except for why do elemental bosses like Ragnaros care if I shoot them in the first place?

So yeah hunters are a little odd, but fun. I like having a pet. Sometimes I wish it would do more.

As for the aiming and headshots and stuff - that's a different MMO style, more of the action combat system that allows for dodging and what-not. They couldn't bring that stuff to WoW, it would be too different. They could bring it to WoW2 if they made one, but that'd be a whole new thing. Probably involving a console controller in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Maytroll View Post
    Please don't make the mechanics of few bosses into a general rule. Ranged classes do A LOT of standing around.
    Same as melee I fail to see what point you are making? Ranged and melee both have movement mechanics and both have points where they are standing still. If you find ranged boring thats your opinion but dont start making up things.

The only thing wrong with Hunters is the T16 armor, maybe even just the Helm!

Quote Originally Posted by Notho View Post
    The only thing wrong with Hunters is the T16 armor, maybe even just the Helm!
    Haha definately looks like something from transformers.

I just want hunters to take dmg either when a pet dies or a percentage of the pet dmg at least if you are BM.
    do what you feel.

Hunters are a horrible class. They are clearly the easiest to play and should be hated worldwide.

Not the mention one of the only classes that can actually properly counter them is a healer. Which is actually pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    I just want hunters to take dmg either when a pet dies or a percentage of the pet dmg at least if you are BM.
    A bm hunter not being able to use one of his hardest hitting abilities while his pet is dead isn't enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    I love my hunter but dislike the constant shafting devs give the marksman spec because they "don't want SV players to feel forced into MM if they performed evenly". And BM is just brain dead. Why they made this spec as strong as it is when it was the pet collecting/noob spec is beyond me.
    Because historically, bm has been relegated to a leveling only spec until this expansion. It's rather refreshing, IMO, to be able to use it across the board now.

What they need to actually do is make MM a pet-free spec. Hunters have been asking for this for years, but who knows if they'll ever bother pursuing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jleefett View Post
    always felt hunters should have more of a fps feel. actual aiming and headshots.
    Making hunters incredibly difficult to play isn't the way to go