Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Nosgoth - "Legacy of Kain" pvp game

i saw the announcement trailer today and got super excited for like 3 seconds until they said the word multiplayer ...

as far as i know it will be pretty much the same as forge, panzar and perhaps dark crusade (more like planet side 2), which i give the most chance of success (i hope they deliver).

3rd person team based arena fights or something.

i must say i am massively disappointed it is not another legacy of kain solo game, even if it would play in the same timezone (after raziels execution / before he returns in sr1).

on the other hand it is from a different gaming studio so no "canon lore" will be butchered.

the question is now:
    is the lok franchise a bonus to the game setting it apart from others of its kind or a steady reminder that it could have been a sequel after defiance?
    as far as i can see the art style, play style, setting and the multiplayer renders the back story totally obsolete. it is completely irrelevant and could pretty much be interchanged with any other random "humans vs vampires eternal war bla bla lets just kill each others in small arenas" setting.

i will watch the game and hope they have more to offer than just a license to feed of starved lok fans for a while.

is there even a need for this game?
    Last edited by Sharde; 2013-09-26 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    I always LOVED the LoK series. I realy wanted more games of that series. However multiplayer pvp i feel sad.
    A PvE MMO i could see happening, but purely pvp /cry

I loved this franchise immensly when I was younger. Seeing this makes me mad.

Not only does the game look bad, sound bad, and have absolutely nothing going for it, it shits all over the IP. Its a generic game that's raping an IP because it wouldn't get any recognition otherwise. If I were Crystal Dynamics, I would be all kinds of pissed.

I have absolutely zero interest in Team Fortress: Nosgoth.

Seriously, why is this tied to the Legacy of Kain franchise? Call it something else. Don't piss all over a good franchise. What's next? A Hitman cart racer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Same feelings everyone else in the thread is having for once. I was a huge fan of the Soul Reaver and Legacy of Kain series. This game just does not appeal to me though.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I was lead to believe via ScrewAttack, this is a fan made game that's getting a bit of help from Valve. It's basically just for funzies. So no worries, there's no need to get all angry at whoever the hell owns the rights to Legacy of Kain.

Addendum: Very high profile fans. http://www.nosgoth.com/blog
    Last edited by RaoBurning; 2013-09-27 at 04:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

As much as I love the LoK series, that just looks terrible.

Plus that womans voice and mannerisms just irritates me to no end.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    As I was lead to believe via ScrewAttack, this is a fan made game that's getting a bit of help from Valve. It's basically just for funzies. So no worries, there's no need to get all angry at whoever the hell owns the rights to Legacy of Kain.

Addendum: Very high profile fans. http://www.nosgoth.com/blog
    It doesn't matter who is involved. This is a game claiming to belong to a well respected franchise and you wouldn't be able to tell it was if they hadn't said so.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Aslong as this isn't the reboot they were talking about...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Aslong as this isn't the reboot they were talking about...
    Personally if they took the storyline and just remade a new game using the same aspects I would play the shit out of it.
    I had Soul Reaver on PS2 and Dreamcast.

Deleted
    F2p on steam, and pvp. I will try it =) When I got time though, still havent tried smashmuck champions. But never a bad thing to have new games to try if sparetime sometimes increase :P

Deleted
    Let me guess, incoming with a huge cash shop where you can either buy a cool weapon for real money or grind it in the game for 10.000 years, and also lots of crap that you either buy or wish you did.

No, thanks, Warframe killed the online multiplayer arena games for me.

This is sorta what I imagine Titan to be like, but instead of like an FPS MMO that's thematically like Diablo it'd be one that's thematically like Starcraft
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Wait Legacy of Kain being that game(s) about the Vampire with the super sword? Those games were awesome, was thinking about replaying them recently, but what dafuq does this have to do with that series? doesn't seem like much from that video.
    It has nothing to do with the LoK series beyond the name of the setting: they're trying to sell the game on brand recognition.

Ugh. It looks like it could potentially be a pretty fun game, though it doesn't reflect the established lore, mood or aesthetics that the Legacy of Kain series is known for. I'd much prefer a proper sequel to the single player games or perhaps even a remake with bonus content.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have a few keys to the closed beta for anyone who wants to use them. Please post a reply if you've used a key so people aren't wasting their time. Sorry for the necro!

CACULA-321-BAWODE-215
    PAPODA-303-COWAFE-005
    NEGUDA-371-GADADA-011

1) Go to http://www.nosgoth.com
    2) Click the "Redeem Your Key" button on the right

Quote Originally Posted by Sharde View Post
    as far as i know it will be pretty much the same as forge, panzar and perhaps dark crusade (more like planet side 2), which i give the most chance of success (i hope they deliver).
    What happened to forge btw?

sigh..so much more within nosgoth we could of gotten...I may play this for the sheer hope that my voice will be heard to ..now Square Enix that I want a real friggin LoK game...so much more story that could happen after Defiance and Blood Omen 2 gave me a real bad taste in my mouth

The Vampires just look like they have an insane advantage...unless the bullets are 1-2 hits, why would you pick a human.