Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I got a beta invite today, only played one map so far, but it's pretty cool. Asymetrical balance in a strictly-PvP game is a fun idea. It's similar to CS, except there really was no difference between T and CT in CS, while vampires and humans are completely different.

Definitely going to give this game more time. It needs more marketing, too, when I asked about it on another forum, the common reply was "Nos-what"?
    Last edited by Airlick; 2014-07-30 at 06:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    The Vampires just look like they have an insane advantage...unless the bullets are 1-2 hits, why would you pick a human.
    You switch sides between rounds. Humans can rape vampires if they work together. Vamps who try to Solo human groups die real quick.

So, out of curiosity is this game very heavy on story/atmosphere or is it effectively just a co-op game with a very loose story and a popular niche brand attached to it? I really loved the original games but I'm not so sure that I'd enjoy this unless it boasts a similar style and atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    The game is fun, but the damn match making needs so much work...

vote kick, kicks, mutes, team switch, something that avoid level 10s going against level 40s....
    Yeah, but these are minor things. Obviously these are some much needed tools, but they are not core systems. My first impression of the game was that it's Smite 2.0 without minions, mostly because of third person view and MOBA-like skills. But then again, the combat is SOOO much smoother than in Smite, and the graphics simply trump Smite's. I know it's not the perfect comparison, but yeah... My point is, the core of the game seems really solid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    So, out of curiosity is this game very heavy on story/atmosphere or is it effectively just a co-op game with a very loose story and a popular niche brand attached to it? I really loved the original games but I'm not so sure that I'd enjoy this unless it boasts a similar style and atmosphere.
    It's not co-op, it's PvP. I don't think it pays much attention to the story, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    gunna give it a try ! I loved the legacy of kain games .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Comeiro View Post
    I have a few keys to the closed beta for anyone who wants to use them. Please post a reply if you've used a key so people aren't wasting their time. Sorry for the necro!

CACULA-321-BAWODE-215
    PAPODA-303-COWAFE-005
    NEGUDA-371-GADADA-011

1) Go to http://www.nosgoth.com
    2) Click the "Redeem Your Key" button on the right

I used the CACULA-321-BAWODE-215 key, thanks a lot

Man this is sad.

Its like winning the rights to make a Game of Thrones game and focusing the whole game on Sam Tarly.

Release a proper LoK game already

So the other 2 beta keys listed above are used already. Just so you all know.
    I'm in the same boat as everyone who's thinking this is not the game you wanted.
    It may be cool, but I don't really want a team combat game, I want to know what happens after defiance.
    I loved soul reaver. After it was cancelled for the dreamcast I purchased a ps2 just to play that game. Defiance wasn't really the game I was wanting either mind you, I wanted the same game play as SR 1&2. But I found it, in all it's fixed camera glory, to be better than I though it was going to be and it soon became my favourite in the series. Maybe this one will be the same, who knows?

I still say this game is nothing short of an insult. the strengths of the legacy of kain saga were its story and its puzzle-platforming (and the voice acting which helped deliver the story in a very effective way). This game has none of those.

It was one of the biggest disappointments I have felt in recent years, when it comes to games. Heck, possibly the biggest one. It's simply sad... If this is all we're gonna get from LoK, then we might as well not have gotten anything.

Deleted
    Nosgoth is a great game but is a shitty Legacy of Kain. That said it was never meant to be a Legacy of Kain game, it was always planned as an arena type game with no story, just PvP like Quake or Unreal Tournament.

My own opinion is that it should either be a 100% Legacy of Kain game or have nothing to do with Legacy of Kain at all because this way it's almost like their just riding on the fame of the series to get an increase in players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroGangster View Post
    My own opinion is that it should either be a 100% Legacy of Kain game or have nothing to do with Legacy of Kain at all because this way it's almost like their just riding on the fame of the series to get an increase in players.
    I haven't played it but it sounds like that. It's a game, that they slap the Legacy of Kain label on so it sells better. They likely could've called it anything else and it wouldn't have made a difference.

Reminds me of this

7+ Year Old Account
    Nosgoth teeters on the brink of collapse. Its fragile balance cannot hold.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/nosgoth-is-closing-down/

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    And nothing of value was lost.

Except the lesson the publishers are going to take away from this is that fans don't want Legacy of Kain games anymore, not that fans don't want a game that has nothing to do with Legacy of Kain set in the same world just to sell better. Publishers are stupid like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    I noticed I wrote I would try it out, but tbh I never did :P
    Guess I wasn't missing out on anything, at least I didnt hear anything about it... like ever