Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Blood Elf shamans anyone?

    Is there any particular reason why they can't be shamans? I mean the horde oughta taught them by now right?
    I really, really want to be a BE shaman soooo... Get on that Blizzard!
    What are your thoughts? :P

  2. #2
    maybe not bad for pvp because of the racial
    Shaman 4 Life

  3. #3
    Makes just as much sense as most of the crap implemented from cata----now.

  4. #4
    its not that simple. it just doesnt work lorewise. if anything they should be druids before shamans

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk Violent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Makes just as much sense as most of the crap implemented from cata----now.
    I don't think they add things, or take things away from the game based on sense. It's actually quite apparent, they don't.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    its not that simple. it just doesnt work lorewise. if anything they should be druids before shamans
    Since when does a Undead Hunter work lorewise? Or a Gnome Priest?

    ..Exactly.
    "The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I don't think they add things, or take things away from the game based on sense. It's actually quite apparent, they don't.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Since when does a Undead Hunter work lorewise? Or a Gnome Priest?

    ..Exactly.
    anyone can pick up a bow and be a hunter.... and priests be priest doesnt need any specific attunement to anything really other than "omg the light"

  7. #7
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,537
    I want worgen shamans/ monks Worgen is my favorite race but their class choices are terrible

  8. #8
    Legendary! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    anyone can pick up a bow and be a hunter.... and priests be priest doesnt need any specific attunement to anything really other than "omg the light"
    Which goes against everything in gnomish culture. Hunters are nothing to do with a bow they are to do with the bond with the animal, even if only one spec focuses on it.

    Add: Night elf mages, tauren priest/paladins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    anyone can pick up a bow and be a hunter.... and priests be priest doesnt need any specific attunement to anything really other than "omg the light"
    If gnomes can go "omg the light" and become priests, why can't blood elves go "omg the elements" and become shaman?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    anyone can pick up a bow and be a hunter.... and priests be priest doesnt need any specific attunement to anything really other than "omg the light"
    You are right on the priest part, even an orc can be priest, he just needs to abandon worshipping the elements.

    However, hunter is a different story. Lore-wise, hunters are not much different from druids in terms of the source of their power, aside from being excellent marksmen, they are also affiliated with nature and use natural magic/spirits to enhance their abilities. Like animal aspects, magical camouflage and tracking, communicating with random animals and dominating them in a matter of seconds and so on.

    An undead humanoid can be an archer, a marksman, a rifleman, but it can never be a hunter, druid or shaman.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Which goes against everything in gnomish culture. Hunters are nothing to do with a bow they are to do with the bond with the animal, even if only one spec focuses on it.

    Add: Night elf mages, tauren priest/paladins.
    seeing that night elfs were the first to play with magic, it makes a lot of sense, cows have always been open to "the greater powers" so them attuning with the light isn't far fetched.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  12. #12
    Legendary! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    seeing that night elfs were the first to play with magic, it makes a lot of sense, cows have always been open to "the greater powers" so them attuning with the light isn't far fetched.
    You have got to be kidding me. That is the basis for the reason night elf mages were "never going to be playable", because they fucked over azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire Syfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Howling Fjord
    Posts
    391
    How about remove this gay retarded race completely.

    [Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-09-26 at 08:07 PM.

  14. #14
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Syfy View Post
    How about remove this gay retarded race completely.
    The tolerance and reason in this post IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

    Anyways, I hate these thread honestly, they always become infested with half-assed lore, which is mostly outdated, some guy always says something about Sunwalkers being silly, then that debate takes over for a while, before it returns to the original subject... Sigh...

    To summarize; If the Blood Elves were interested in learning about Shamanism and the Elemenst, and found a conduit and a teacher race - then yes, they could become shamans.

    Oh and please, move on with the "duhh new cata race-class combos makes no sense" rambling, the horse is dead, stop beating it.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-09-26 at 06:57 PM.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. That is the basis for the reason night elf mages were "never going to be playable", because they fucked over azeroth.
    not all highborne were all cuddly with Azhera, in fact dire mall entire story arc is about those highborne magic users who didn't side with azshera and lived in seclusion (who ended up repeating the same mistakes but that is another discussion)
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    not all highborne were all cuddly with Azhera, in fact dire mall entire story arc is about those highborne magic users who didn't side with azshera and lived in seclusion (who ended up repeating the same mistakes but that is another discussion)
    I laughed. You're wrong btw. Those highborne in the dire mall (haha) are split between insane/living out penance as ghosts for eternity for what they did.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    An undead humanoid can be an archer, a marksman, a rifleman, but it can never be a hunter, druid or shaman.
    WTF , ?? you high or something ??

  18. #18
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,286
    They arent really viable lorewise, but neither are half the combo's anymore so I dont really care. If the added them the maximum reaction from me would probably be "ugh".

  19. #19
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I laughed. You're wrong btw. Those highborne in the dire mall (haha) are split between insane/living out penance as ghosts for eternity for what they did.
    And yet, the Night Elf Magisters, who acted as envoys, and who went to Darnassus - came from Dire Maul/Eldre'Thalas. They aren't living out any penance at all, they simply just sought refuge; "The Shen'dralar were an obscure and secretive faction of Highborne who used to dwell in The Athenaeum within Dire Maul, before they returned to the elven society and now can be seen in Darnassus, training night elven mages. They are a remnant of the quel'dorei who once populated Dire Maul, or Eldre'Thalas, as it was known in antiquity." - http://wowpedia.org/Shen%27dralar ... So actually, YOU are wrong, and he's right, sucks huh?

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  20. #20
    I'll take one druid and one shaman please

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •