Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My guess is May. With 6.0 in April and 5.5 in early December

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Then how do you explain them not having a 4th tier? 14 months of SoO? Doubtful.
    Your math is a little off: 5.4 to Blizzcon (Sept 10th - Nov 9th) 2 months. Blizzcon announcement to release 8 months. Total 10 months of SoO. Also Cata didn't have a 4th tier and look how long it took for MoP.

Now I wasn't going to call you up on your numbers, but care to elaborate where you pulled doing an in-house Alpha will save 3-6 months development time?

These threads always seem to pan out the same, one side uses common sense and previous experience to come to a conclusion. The other side says "well they have been doing derp since herp, and if they do this herp + derp = super early release. And they said so, but we can't cite who or when"

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard must have a horrible PR department if they're not going to release another patch before the next expansion.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You're ignoring the facts you wrote down.

6, 2, 5 VS 3, 3, 2, 4.

Pretty clear to me MoP's average time between updates is lower.
    13 months first to last major patch vs 12 months first to last major patch isn't that big of a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Na, MoP will only have a life span of 1 year, but is true that we may stay for a while with SoO, i hope Blizzard release a new patch before the next expansion
    It was either a year ago today or yesterday that it launched. So it's one year right now.

I'm guessing 18-20 months total. So March-May of next year.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I think June could be the earliest release, May at the super earliest. But it's mostly how Blizz hype's it at Blizzcon.

It is going to be an interesting case since look at the past WoW sections of Blizzcon: 2012 was cancelled, 2011 DragonSoul release a month later, 2010 Cata release, 2009 ICC release, and 2008 Wotlk release.

But this is Blizzard we are talking about. I would not be surprised if it is Hearthstone dominated.

Quote Originally Posted by ffaorlandu View Post
    13 months first to last major patch vs 12 months first to last major patch isn't that big of a difference.
    Yes but it was 3 patches in 13 months vs 4 patches in 12 months. MoP had extra content in between

If you go by the averages, it should have taken their development cycle in Cataclysm another 4.3 months to release the same content as MoP. This means it would have been more like 15-17 months vs 12 months.

And that's also ignoring the fact that Dragon Soul was clearly rushed and unpolished, while SoO was not.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2013-09-26 at 09:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ffaorlandu View Post
    4.0 - 10/12/2010
    4.1 - 04/26/2011 (6 months)
    4.2 - 06/28/2011 (2 months)
    4.3 - 11/29/2011 (5 months)

5.0 - 08/28/2012
    5.1 - 11/27/2012 (3 months)
    5.2 - 03/05/2013 (3 months)
    5.3 - 05/21/2013 (2 months)
    5.4 - 09/10/2013 (4 months)

With the exception of 4.1, it hasn't been all that much faster. I'd say earliest release for Expansion 5 would be July 2014, but August makes more sense. We'll probably see 6.0 in late June/July 2014.
    There is no way we will play mop for another 11 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Na, MoP will only have a life span of 1 year, but is true that we may stay for a while with SoO, i hope Blizzard release a new patch before the next expansion
    Blizz has already said there will be one more patch, although they said it won't be a Raid. And the next expac will be formally announced at Blizzcon, if not leaked sooner, and the beta will start right after. Expect it to go live in Spring next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Acknowledge View Post
    Blizzard must have a horrible PR department if they're not going to release another patch before the next expansion.
    judging how much making DS lasting so long costed us in term of subscribers, they (hopefuly) wont make us raid SoO too long (especially judging how fast bost are falling atm)

People still seem to find Blizzard hope after all these years of delays and empty promises. Remember when they teased updated character models, 2 years ago?

It'll be early summer 2014.

What the hell is an expo?

spring 2014

10+ Year Old Account
    They would have to be insane not to have the expansion out in the next 6 months. With sub losses a true thing having another Icc or even DS length raid would lose another few million.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    They would have to be insane not to have the expansion out in the next 6 months. With sub losses a true thing having another Icc or even DS length raid would lose another few million.
    Blizzard could have only 500k subs and they would still be making money out of WoW, if they didn't make money with 2 million back in pre-BC there probably wouldn't have been an expansion. If nothing else a lot of people will keep buying the expansions even if they quit 2 months later, and that alone will cover production costs + give them a huge profit. Don't you cry for blizzard, they don't give a fuck about you, Chris Metzen writes for 2 hours then goes train at his first class gym, eats at his first class cafe, snorts coke off Cosplay Elven Hookers' asses then writes a little more and calls it a day.

Infracted. Please, take your moment to post more constructive next time, and avoid the more inappropriate content.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-09-27 at 01:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've confirmed that there will be another 'content' oriented patch before the next expansion. I think it's safe to say that the nigh-universal cries of 'UGH DRAGON SOUL' were heard.

If you see how they scrapped and rushed everything in DS and MoP still took 10 months, there is no way they can be below 6months (unless they also rush the expansion and it is a crap)

The difficulty of the new raid seems a lot lower than previous ones in 25 man at least. I recall it taking us a lot longer to reach Lei Shin than it has to reach Garrosh.