Deleted

Resolution is squished in game?

Recently built a new PC and have been running WoW with the Intel HD 4600 onboard graphics (suprisingly good btw). And I noticed at my monitors native resolution 1440x900 evrything in-game was squished horizontally, so I had to play on a diff resolution to make everything square again. I passed it off as some odd drawback of the onboard graphics.

Today I installed a 7950 that I bought yesterday and am having the exact same issue. At native resolution its squished again, and upon further inspection its squished at every resolution that I try. I've tried Fullscreen, Fullscreen windowed, and windowed mode and saw no difference. Has nyone come across this issue before? Included a Picture below.

Basically squares arent squares. I've highlighted some areas to help you see what im talking about. The ablities on the hotbar are usually square, in my case they are slightly rectangular witha vertical bias. Characters also seem taller.

http://pcbros.co/upload/images/2013/...613_154316.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc983b44f3a9; 2013-09-26 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    Looks pretty normal to me.

I would also make you pic a bit smaller before you get an infraction I think max width is 600.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that.... looks pretty normal. Speculating here, is it possible that you got used to the off-spec resolution? Anything that isn't 1440x900 (if that's your monitor's native) will look wonky. And maybe over time that 'wonky' appearance is what you started to understand as normal.

Those buttons look perfect square to me >.>

EDIT: I threw your image in photoshop. The buttons are literally, perfectly square. Down to the pixel.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    They seem normal to me. But then again it's near impossible to spot what's faulty when the image is that small. At least give us the link to the original image :/

Deleted
    It seems it is all in my head I oepned photoshop as well and the buttons are perfectly square. This can be closed now.