Page 1 of 2
LastLast

raging blow buff makes 4pc worthless for tg fury?

So, with the buff to raging blow now as titans grip i'm really not seeing execute hitting much harder than raging blow so I mean is the 4pc worthless now really, would it not be better to run 2pc + offsets with this raging blow buff?

That's a good question. But I don't think it makes up for it, no.

It's difficult to test, seeing as you can't execute dummies but I tried it on some lfr bosses and like on avg my raging blow is actually hitting harder than execute. I feel the best comparison is when cds are popped my raging blow hits around 830k while execute only 730k.

Deleted
    take the little dummie in the appropiate pandaria city of your faction and you can execute it after 1 hit

Well on dummies my raging blow does appear to indeed be hitting harder than execute, with executes only hitting around 400k crits (without cooldowns or procs) and raging blows hitting around 500k crits (without cooldowns or procs)

how about execute vs raging blow + hs (due to the fact raging blow is only 10 rage while execute is 30)? seeing as the damage is fairly similar now.

After the recent buffs to RB, it may be worthwhile to skip the 4-set, in favor of better itemized gear, but the 4-set is still strong. A simple "ranking" of the different gearsetups would look something like this, ranging best to worst. (This is just a strong generalisation, don't take it to heart)

2set+Warforged offpices
    4set
    2set+non-Warforged offpieces
    Warforged offpieces
    non-Warforged offpieces
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

2p + offset is indeed the best way to go if you can. This doesn't mean it isn't worth executing in favor of RB'ing (with or without HS). The rotation doesn't change. It simply means that RB is more powerful and should be used when able. Execute is still higher damage and better to use, inside or outside CS and simply maximize what RB usage you can outside CS sub 20%.

Edit in response to Juni.

I haven't played with it too much so have not seen it in SimC for myself, but I imagine with imbalanced weapons it would be easy enough for RB to surpass Execute. Though I imagine it would be rare.

Decided to go take a very quick look at my own logs to compare the 2.

Average non-crits (is ofc with both mh and oh):
    Raging Blow: 270k
    Execute: 214k

Average crits:
    Raging Blow: 585k
    Execute: 424k

I guess I wont rush to pick up 4set.

This is sad..

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    2p + offset is indeed the best way to go if you can.
    Out of interest, is there any idea what those 2 pieces should be?
    I assume 1 the helmet, and then either hands, chest or legplates. All seem to have nice offset pieces. Or will it just depends on which offset piece you get as warforged and go from there (i'm mainly thinking about what token drops i can pass for my guildie and then my time will come later to possibly still build 4set)
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

10+ Year Old Account
    2p+ off pieces is better than 4p for warriors.

Helmet for sure, and I *think* it's a toss up between trash gloves/tier gloves (crit/mastery w/ 2 yellow sockets, can be upgraded to heroic ilvl but not WF) or tier/ Mal legs (crit mastery, not worth meeting socket bonus but can be WF).

Personally i'll probably be going for tier helm+legs and shoulders/chest/gloves OS. Although tier gloves are decent too if RNG is bad to me.

Going to bed so no math for now. Might math it out in the morning.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-09-27 at 08:52 AM.

In full BiS, the Healm and Gloves should be your tier pieces, with the rest being H-WF offpieces. The reason why you want Tier gloves rather the trash gloves is due to the fact that the trash gloves can't be Warforged, making them weaker in comparison.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have just looked through my kill logs from HC Iron Juggernaut last night and to be honest my raging blow is hitting for less on average than execute.

My numbers are:

Raging Blow Non Crits (main and off combined) - 216,773.9

Raging Blow Crits - 462,558.5

Execute Non Crits - 242,452.5

Execute Crits - 564345.3

Total raging blows - 70

Total executes - 27

For info I'm using 2 piece tier 15 and 16 at present but as I have only just switched to TG this tier me weapons are sub optimal and I'm still running normal feather in a trinket slot which may make a difference although I doubt this very much.

I guess it's difficult to compare, as execute scales of ure AD while raging blow of ure weapons, so say for me wielding 2 ilvl 561 weps yet still having some ilvl 530 armor my raging blows hit rather hard while executes not as much but when my gear matches my weapons ilvl I imagine executes will once again become more viable.

This is kind of nice, I was next in line for 4pc (I already have 2pc) but now I can pass on that for other members and just roll offsets more gear for all

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    how about execute vs raging blow + hs (due to the fact raging blow is only 10 rage while execute is 30)? seeing as the damage is fairly similar now.
    That's much too simplified to tell what's better. Especially since u have to bt to rb unlike execute. Also the procs are free.

Quote Originally Posted by st1r2 View Post
    I have just looked through my kill logs from HC Iron Juggernaut last night and to be honest my raging blow is hitting for less on average than execute.
    For the number difference on crits it possible could be that you had skull banner up in execute phase thus making those crits look better?
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by st1r2 View Post

My numbers are:

Raging Blow Non Crits (main and off combined) - 216,773.9

Raging Blow Crits - 462,558.5

Execute Non Crits - 242,452.5

Execute Crits - 564345.3

Total raging blows - 70

Total executes - 27

For info I'm using 2 piece tier 15 and 16 at present but as I have only just switched to TG this tier me weapons are sub optimal and I'm still running normal feather in a trinket slot which may make a difference although I doubt this very much.
    RB scales more with weapon damage, so that may be the discrepency.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroun View Post
    That's much too simplified to tell what's better. Especially since u have to bt to rb unlike execute. Also the procs are free.
    The procs are only free if used under 20%, making the 4pc procs outside of actual execute range rather meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    In full BiS, the Healm and Gloves should be your tier pieces, with the rest being H-WF offpieces. The reason why you want Tier gloves rather the trash gloves is due to the fact that the trash gloves can't be Warforged, making them weaker in comparison.
    This, though the trash gloves are a really good piece if you don't have the tier gloves. Obviously what drops you get will influence how you gear.
    I am using the trash gloves right now and they are pretty awesome tbh. Crit/Mastery with 2 yellow sockets (3 as a BS) makes up a lot of the Crit I have lost as I changed out gear from ToT. It can also be upgraded to heroic using a random drop item called Echoes of War, from any heroic boss. Can't be warforged, but will hold me over until I get tier gloves and the opportunity to trade out my tier shoulder for something better.