Deleted

A couple of questions for an affliction nab

So as a long term demo/destro lock I've been convinced to pick up affliction for this tier. Normally I wouldn't bother playing a spec I'm not too fond of but seeing as I'm now raiding heroics etc I feel I should be providing the best performance I can with all three specs.

First off is trinket selection. I currently have Cha Ye HC, UVLS and today picked up Bindings HC. What would you lovely people suggest as the best possible set up from the three? I'm sure bindings would be in there due to it's ICD lining up perfectly with dark soul but would cha ye or UVLS be worth more to me? UVLS gives higher burst on the pull but after that rarely procs whereas cha ye gives more frequent procs throughout the fight that might be beneficial while waiting for cds etc etc (I understand that UVLS has taken a big hit but still seems to proc on the pull pretty consistently)

Also I'm struggling to fully get to grips with the idea of pandemic. Is it beneficial to refresh my dots in pandemic range after the pull with no procs? I.E Pull happens, procs, I put up all my dots etc then 10 15 seconds later refresh in pandemic window but with weaker dots? Or should I allow those powerhouse dots to completely drop off thus allowing all ticks at full power?

Last but not least I'm at 554 ilvl and sitting at the 9778 haste break. Should I be pushing for the higher ones at this gear level or keep stacking mastery? Yes there are alot of multi target fights but other than paragons and shamans I'm wondering if the other fights have adds or secondary targets that are up long enough to warrant stacking so much mastery? (not to mention it's only meter padding multi dotting on paragons)

Edit: And protectors (facepalm)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give I know this has been a bit long winded
    Last edited by mmocf1f1b25833; 2013-09-26 at 11:38 PM.

Atm, I would probably still be using your uvls, even with the 40% nerf it should beat chaye - especially on a fight like protectors. (I run wushoo/breath, and seem to do similar to a h tf uvls / wushoo lock in my raid. I might be terrible, he is definitely awesome - it shouldn't hold you back, but replace it asap etc ).

The haste thing isn't a big dps deal, its more about QoL timings. I can get down to 10k, but I went back up to 13k after the demo nerf, if I am not dualspeccing, it seems to just flow better for me.

There is an addon called affdots that can help with pandemic.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of your questions are answered neatly and conveniently in Evrelia's stickied affliction guide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabrex View Post
    All of your questions are answered neatly and conveniently in Evrelia's stickied affliction guide.
    Still nice to hear from other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    Atm, I would probably still be using your uvls, even with the 40% nerf it should beat chaye - especially on a fight like protectors. (I run wushoo/breath, and seem to do similar to a h tf uvls / wushoo lock in my raid. I might be terrible, he is definitely awesome - it shouldn't hold you back, but replace it asap etc ).

The haste thing isn't a big dps deal, its more about QoL timings. I can get down to 10k, but I went back up to 13k after the demo nerf, if I am not dualspeccing, it seems to just flow better for me.

There is an addon called affdots that can help with pandemic.
    Yeh I am running with affdots and understand the colours etc but it only tells if you can cast more or less powerful dots and if they are in pandemic range or not. I'm more confused as to whether it's beneficial to ALWAYS refresh in pandemic range even if the dots you will be overwriting are full power terror dots :P

i think i can fix the second question.I've also encountered such question since 5.2 build.And whether to refresh the dots really depends.for example,the highest dots during dark soul and strong trinket,refresh them as late as u can to let them tick to end.but just slight better dots such as dots during engineer or tailor ints,whether to refresh them depends on whether u r to cast haunted.that is,if u r to cast haunted,refresh the dots that are less than 8 secs.
    hope my poor english make sense to u.

Deleted
    Thanks, Mate. Yeah it makes pretty good sense I'll try putting it into practise!