Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heeeeeeeeelp :( Shaman elemental

Hi guys , im new here.
    sorry for my poor english , btw
    Im a elemental Shaman 534 ilvl i know the rotation etc my reforges, my gems and enchants (ask mr robot)
    The problem is , my dps is so low , im doing 130k in the boss dummy and i dont know why T_T
    if some1 can give me a tip or something , i was thinking about to put haste gems in every socket buy idk.
    my gear is like FULL TIMELESS GEAR (i know this gear suck) , i have
    10147 haste
    15% hit
    3675 Crit
    7620 haste

plz help D:

What is your characters name and server?

Quote Originally Posted by fearom View Post
    What is your characters name and server?
    Levhii , Server Ragnaros US

- - - Updated - - -

I actually changed every socket to haste , same result ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Levhi View Post
    Levhii , Server Ragnaros US

- - - Updated - - -

I actually changed every socket to haste , same result ._.
    Okay, spec wise everything looks pretty good fine for you to achieve more dps.

I would suggest it's possibly your rotation.

Start off with the following:
    Drop your totem, hit a potion, drop storm lash, flame shock, elemental blast, (press ascendance now - during elemental blast), spam lava burst.

This should net you some really high burst damage. Give that a crack then work on your rotation outside of burst.

But that is only burst , im talking about the overall dmg

One big problem is not having the gem, mastery/int builds have a lot to do with gem procs being possible, you might be better aiming for 35% haste and reforging the rest into mastery until you can get your legendary gem.

Suggestion for dps on any class is "don't waste a single GCD" - You might have sub-par dps if you press a wrong button but if you don't press a button at all your dps will be shockingly bad.

Always keep flame shock up, don't press unleashed elements and don't clip your flame shock or searing totem. Flame shock should only be refreshed with 1 second remaning or when it vanishes.

Note: there are a few exceptions to this, multi-dotting or if you know a lava burst will be available on exactly 0 seconds, its better to refresh and not waste lava burst cd etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fearom View Post
    Start off with the following:
    Drop your totem, hit a potion, drop storm lash, flame shock, elemental blast, (press ascendance now - during elemental blast), spam lava burst.
    You should potion, (storm lash), Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Elemental Blast, then use ascendance. Nets you 1 move lava burst as ascendance resets removes the CD on Lava burst.

For single target your rotation is; Flame Shock on target > Lava Burst > Elemental Blast > Fulmation 7 stacks > have a fire totem active > Lightning Bolt afaik..

I've been using this opener for a long time:

Fire Ele - Pre-pot/Pre-cast EB - FS - LvB - Stormlash - Ascendance spam

It's better for the raid to delay Stormlash by a few seconds, classes need to get up their DoTs/CDs/Buffs before they can go ham.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenvon View Post
    You should potion, (storm lash), Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Elemental Blast, then use ascendance. Nets you 1 move lava burst as ascendance resets removes the CD on Lava burst.

For single target your rotation is; Flame Shock on target > Lava Burst > Elemental Blast > Fulmation 7 stacks > have a fire totem active > Lightning Bolt afaik..
    This is actually a lower DPS rotation due to the GCD time it takes to swap between the lava burst and popping ascendance, the idea is that you want to get as many lava burst off during your potion and elemental blast, give it a try.

You're wasting your trinket procs on elemental blast and you're wasting stormlash with that opener.
    Pre cast fire ele, pre pot and pre cast LB or EB (if speced), hero and then flame shock, stormlash totem, lava burst into (on use trinkets/tinkers)ascendance.
    Wasting trinkets on elemental blast to maybe get 3500 mastery for ascendance is not worth it (1/3 chance) and both crit and haste are essentially wasted during first ascendance.

Deleted
    Yea, so.

The thing with opening on Shaman if you're the one who has to use Heroism is just plain annoying, but it something we deal with as a class of the infamous buff.

Basically, a lot of your DPS is going to be determined on how you use your Cooldowns, that's why people are emphasizing it so.

The only thing you should pre-cast is Stormlast Totem and Fire-elemental. Just forget EB for the initial ascendance, it's NOT worth it.
    With the "There are no on-use trinket's anymore"-policy that Blizzard is running, your trinkets WILL proc nearly at begining of the fight, every fight, and it's absolutely CRUCIAL to get as much use of your trinkets on Ascendance as possible. Use Hero, use FS, use Unleashed Elements if specced (If not, don't use anything else!) and then you spam the living shit out of Lava Burst while ascendance is up. Don't bother with EB even if you're specced into it, ESPECIALLY as your gear gets better, since the buff from EB doesn't "scale".

All i suggest is to go to Totemspot and read the 5.4 guide thoroughly.

Also learn to anticipate Lava Surges.

SIM YOURSELF! I got no other really good suggestion gearwise.

At your gear level (Same as mine, i'm 536) haste and mastery go _about_ even.
    You'll see Haste pulling ahead as you get further.

As some of the guys are saying in this thread, SIM yourself and if you dont know how to do it, then learn it! That being said if you followed up on ask mr robots advice, chances are that optimal simming wont provide you with much more dps than you already have. Also, with that much timeless gear you are missing out on alot of sockets which obviously gimps your haste/mastery and lowers your proccs on EotE and overload.

I dont know how long you have played ele but something else to note is that if you just started out you NEED TO PRACTICE. Eventhogh you know the "rotation" and how the class works, you cant expect pulling out pro numbers because you still need to practice playing it. Its a learning curve and as you get better, your dps will greatly increase!

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Yea, so.

The thing with opening on Shaman if you're the one who has to use Heroism is just plain annoying, but it something we deal with as a class of the infamous buff.
    Heroism is not on global cooldown so no, there is nothing annoying about it.

The only thing you should pre-cast is Stormlast Totem and Fire-elemental .
    You should never ever ever ever ever ever pre cast stormlash totem (You'll waste a lot of both raids and yours personal dps by doing so.)
    Last edited by Ellger; 2013-09-29 at 01:00 AM.

Deleted
    Precastin fire ele also wastes 1-2 seconds off it, doubt it's worth it. The amp trinket got 15% proc and 20sec duration, so an eb before shouldn't do anything bad. Amp trinket very rarely procs on the first spell, usually takes around 5 for me.

The one i currently use is: LB>UE(meta proc)>fire ele>fs>lava burst>ele blast>lava burst/ascendance. Fairly sure an EB before ascendance is worth it in most cases, was alot of math of this before. Ele blast will also benefit from the clearcasting buff in that opener.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenvon View Post

What are you talking about, he should obviously do this
    FET on 4 - 2 sec before pull >Pre pot> Pre cast EB> FS > LvB > Ascendance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellger View Post
    Heroism is not on global cooldown so no, there is nothing annoying about it.

You should never ever ever ever ever ever pre cast stormlash totem (You'll waste a lot of both raids and yours personal dps by doing so.)
    Hero isn't? Been playing Shjaman since vanilla never noticed ._.

Also there is no _personal_ DPS loss in pre-casting Stormlash Totem - Actually, using Stormlast is a _personal_ dps decrease according to the Totemspot authors, as you're better off spending your trinket-time with Ascendance.

Also there is no _personal_ DPS loss in pre-casting Stormlash Totem - Actually, using Stormlast is a _personal_ dps decrease according to the Totemspot authors, as you're better off spending your trinket-time with Ascendance.
    You're actually right, it is a small personal dps loss to not pre cast stormlash totem, but it's still poor use of it since pre casting stormlash is rad-wide dps loss.

Icy Veins has a good guide for every spec: http://www.icy-veins.com/

Use askmrrobot to handle your gear optimizations: http://www.askmrrobot.com/
    Download askmrrobot addon for extremely easy in-game optimization: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/askmrrobot

Use addons like Needtoknow to maximize your rotation, and addons like Deadly Boss Mods to notify you of important happenings during raid fights.

Lastly the addon Recount will provide you with immense amounts of data about your performance - you can click on any of your/raidmate spells and see relevant statistics about them.

Also the dummies are not a good test for DPS, they have been bugged in one way or another since their implementation.

Omg at all these opener suggestions. No no no no no no no no no. NEVER precast Stormlash. You are screwing over the entire raid by doing that, I don't care if it means you lose one GCD.

As ele, your opener should be as follows:

-Prepot
    -fire ele (yes, you lose like 2 seconds on it, but that's better than the gcd lost to it during trinket/pot which could be better spent on a LvB)
    -precast EB (or LB if you're using UF/PE)
    -UE (procs your meta)
    -FS (now faster and more ticks because of the meta that you procd with UE)
    -LvB
    -hero if it's your job (this can be moved around but is generally here because it gives melee time to move in, etc.)
    -THEN stormlash
    -ascendance
    -LvB spam

Hmm I always thought if u need to bl on pull you should bl ---fs----lavb--ascendance. Wouldn't fs benefit more procs with meta and bl going?