Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Am I wrong for suggesting that Isle of Thunder was more fun than Timeless Isle?

I actually liked IoT and its concept a lot more than Timeless Isle. The "sense of adventure" on the isle lasted only the first week for me. Even after the first few days, I knew where everything was..

You're free to like whatever you want to like. There is nothing wrong with liking IoT over the Timeless Isle.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only reason why I like Timeless is due to free gear for my alts and the ability to murder people on my rogue lol other then that OP you are entitled to your own opinion nothing is wrong with that.

The timeless isles is going to be hard to repeat. If you didn't notice, all the mobs were from somewhere else in the game. That sense of diversity is hard to create unless at the end of an expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Every single solitary thing about Isle of Thunder was better designed, implemented, executed, and most of all enjoyable than WasteofTime Isle is. OP, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

The ONLY thing better on Timeless is the tournament and the world bosses. Beyond that, however, I had much more fun on Isle of Thunder unlocking the story than I did on Timeless Isle killing Garnia 30 times before finally getting my damn Ruby Droplet. Never going to that lake ever again. Ever. And the worse part is that I still have 10 more pets left to get.

Sunreaver Micro Sentry, in contrast, took me killing it's appropriate rarespawn three times to get that pet. Which left me far more time to enjoy other aspects of the Isle.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    If the isle of thunder weren't so depressingly colored I probably would like it more as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Between the two, I am enjoying the Timeless Isle more. I liked them both, but the sandbox feeling of the Timeless Isle wins me over. I wish there were a handful more optional fun dailies, and more events, more rares, and jumping puzzles. We'll probably see a Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle hybrid next expansion though
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle has more pets and the celestial tournament so Timeless Isle wins. Of course, many of these pets are total ass to get, but still.

Timeless Isle for the freeflow feel of the content, i like the lack of monotonous dailies that you rinse and repeat over and over again.

Isle of Thunder for the exact opposite reasons, the way the quests were structured and gated made me feel like i was working towards something, another carrot on the stick.

Timeless Isle i feel like once the shine wears off, once ive killed X Rare for the 200th time, seen all the sights i can see Isle of Thunder will come out as better content for the long haul for me, but in terms of retaining my interest in the short term, Timeless is doing that very thing...wouldnt have been keen to slog thru a whole other set of dailies yet again for 5.4.

Minor gripes, i feel some of the "get out of this mechanic" abilities of the mobs on timeless are way too hard as it stands for some specs/classes. But Isle of Thunder was too easy, i want a balance of tuning between these two ideals.

And whoever cooked up Bloody Coins faction killing needs to be hung out and dried, i like PvP contests between opposing factions, but griefing and ganking your own faction really has left me gobsmacked... /rant.

TLDR: Isle of Thunder in retrospect as a whole, Timeless Isle for breath of fresh air factor

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the Emissary of Ordos deal would have been more interesting if you couldn't group up with others. It should just put people in FFA pvp, that way you can't have the total asshattery of a 40man raid roaming the island making it impossible to get anything done.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    I think the Emissary of Ordos deal would have been more interesting if you couldn't group up with others. It should just put people in FFA pvp, that way you can't have the total asshattery of a 40man raid roaming the island making it impossible to get anything done.
    Be glad you aren't on Mal'ganis a certain guild does that shit 24/7 lol

I liked the Isle of Thunder better too.

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Only reason why I like Timeless is due to free gear for my alts and the ability to murder people on my rogue lol other then that OP you are entitled to your own opinion nothing is wrong with that.
    Completely off topic, but...

Since I've read alot of your posts I clicked on your armory one day and saw that you are on Mal'Ganis. I see you in shrine sometimes, but for this particular story...

I was farming coins with a group and I targeted this rogue that was mounted, running toward me... before I could cast a spell you dismounted, stealthed and sapped me in what seemed like half a sec. I caught your name before you stealthed and had to laugh! Luckily you didn't attack because the other members of my group were close by, but I was so glad I wasn't solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle is awesome. My only two qualms about it are that Rares are too weak and by the time I get there they're already dead. Rares should scale in health with the number of players attacking it and each rare should take at least 2-3 minutes to kill, Like Isle of Thunder rares. In addition, the rep grind to Honored is way too long, and the trinket that teleports you to the isle becomes a necessity very quickly. The trinket should be purchasable at friendly.

Aside from that, I love the island, and the hard-to-get rewards such as the 100k coin serpent, and most of all, I love the World PvP in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't bad, but I felt like the Timeless Isle built upon it so much more. More rares, more dynamic events, world bosses, and NO FUCKING DAILIES.

They each have their own reasons to be liked.

Isle of Thunder had a place in tandem with the story, and so it made us feel more alive in that we help our faction's war effort. Not only that but the quests were rather... fun. Farming elites felt more fun as well. We also had our treasure trove runs as well when we looted keys. The island was much bigger as well, and gating it made us more compelled to stay longer.

Timeless Isle though brought back exploration and PvP to an extent. That, and no massive daily grind (just kill 20 elites, which you'll be doing anyway). Timeless Coins were a fun addition to vendors, and getting gear tokens for alts was much welcomed.

I think I prefere timeless just becuse the bright nicer weather and cool jungle instead of dark gloomy enviroment of isle of thunder. I spent more time first day of 5.4 on timeless than I probably did on thunder 2 first weeks combined. Also enjoy all the elite mobs, Getting a closer grinding feel to Tyrs hand.

Deleted
    you realize whether you find something fun or not doesn't mean your right or wrong...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. IoT was just yet another dailies hub. One with an annoying unlock sequence.

You are there to do dailies. Everything on that island is made for those dailies and the on-rails scenarios.

I think my favorite thing about IoT over Timeless Isle was that rares gave valor on Iot. For me it was a fun way to grind valor.