Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would have liked TI to have something to do with the current raid, much like IoT was where all the ToT stuff happened.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    Yes, because IoT actually felt like part of the content while the Timeless Isle feels tact on. IoT was also bigger, had a storyline and new art assets all of which Timeless Isle does not

I'm not sure it is more fun though, I prefer the mechanics on TI over daily quests. .

Isle of Thunder had story, lore, and an awesome story-based questline with solo scenarios.
    Timeless Isle has no story at all.
    Timeless Isle is so lazy, Blizz just plops it down and calls it a day. No reason for it to be there, no reason for us to be there. There is like 2 daily quests.

I am really curious as to how the word "Exploration" gets tossed around in reference to Timeless Isle.

What exactly is it that you guys are exploring? Theres two caves, and the rest of the island is about 25% the size of a regular zone.

Am I missing something?

Nothing wrong with having an opinion. It just boils down to how you voice it, or phrase it.

I personally enjoy both for very different reasons. The Timeless Isle, to me, is directionless progression done right. You set your own pace, and you can do what you'd like. It's what Battlefield: Barrens really should've been. That said, the Isle of Thunder was an exceptional daily hub. One of the best they've ever made. Each provides it's own flair and style, and I think it's impossible to compare the two because they're two very different entities.

Deleted
    noithing wrong in you prefering one thing over another, it would be wrong to out right state one is better than the other.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stino View Post
    I am really curious as to how the word "Exploration" gets tossed around in reference to Timeless Isle.

What exactly is it that you guys are exploring? Theres two caves, and the rest of the island is about 25% the size of a regular zone.

Am I missing something?
    A temple. A village full of ghost. Sunken ships. A monkey that trades you coins for chest keys. Dozens of rares.

But you are right, it would have been nice if it was bigger.

The only thing I liked about the Isle of Thunder was you could skip the entire daily grind on your alts by running the Treasure room every week. The Treasure Room was the best thing on the island (not to mention you get a lot of gold from running it).

15+ Year Old Account
    When does the small chests respawn?

Deleted
    Timeless Isle is the worst content Blizzard shoved down our throats so far. Even Battlefield Barrens (edit: 'cause you only had to do it once) and the endless daily grind at the beginning of MoP were better than this abomination.

The only reasons I still go there are the Celestials, Ordos and the weekly Visions of Time quest.
    Last edited by mmocb1848b600a; 2013-09-27 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Timeless Isle is the worst content Blizzard shoved down our throats so far. Even Battlefield Barrens and the endless daily grind at the beginning of MoP were better than this abomination.

The only reasons I still go there are the Celestials, Ordos and the weekly Visions of Time quest.
    How is it shoved down your throat when it's optional?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Isle of Thunder had story, lore, and an awesome story-based questline with solo scenarios.
    Timeless Isle has no story at all.
    Timeless Isle is so lazy, Blizz just plops it down and calls it a day. No reason for it to be there, no reason for us to be there. There is like 2 daily quests.
    I'm kind of tired of getting lead around by the nose.

I should be creating my own story as I venture through the land. I choose my own destiny! There is no fate but the fate we make!!! ***

*** Until Blizzard decides otherwise.

Deleted
    I think both have good and bad points, a fusion of the good points would be awesome for the next expansion. I'm one of the few players that enjoyed dailies, so would of liked to see them and not have the coin grind.

One of the things that irks me though is the rare spawns on the Timeless Isle don't appear to gain health when more players attack it, so mobs like Houlon are killed within seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    How is it shoved down your throat when it's optional?
    How is it not? Is there anything else new to do at max level aside from raiding and more mob grinding in the Vale?

How is it not? Is there anything else new to do at max level aside from raiding and more mob grinding in the Vale?
    You don't have to do it. Period. End of story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    You don't have to do it. Period. End of story.
    Still shoved down our throats. I don't see these concepts as being mutually exclusive like you do. Period. End of story.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well you really don't have to do it I mean really you could just go back to grinding ToT and getting bags of shit if you want or rep grind.

You're not "wrong", but this a matter of taste, so it doesn't really matter much.

Still shoved down our throats. I don't see these concepts as being mutually exclusive like you do. Period. End of story.
    Whether you may think it is, it's still not. You have other options, both in and outside of WoW. It's only shoved down your throat if you make it such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Well you really don't have to do it I mean really you could just go back to grinding ToT and getting bags of shit if you want or rep grind.
    That's the point. Either I bore myself to death with old content or I do bullshit I hate because Blizzard had the brilliant idea to convert Battlefield Barrens into an island.