Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    No I believe everybody is entitled to their own opinions, I have to disagree though.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I'm kind of tired of getting lead around by the nose.

I should be creating my own story as I venture through the land. I choose my own destiny! There is no fate but the fate we make!!! ***

*** Until Blizzard decides otherwise.
    What story?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    What story?
    RPGs of old normally just provide a setting in which the players can live out their tale. That's kind of the way it's suppose to be.

Some these "transcripts of RPG sessions" (aka replay) are interesting enough that they are published in magazines for RPG fans.

Not sure who started the trend of having the RPG lead the player through a story, but that isn't bad in itself - Final Fantasy has been doing it for years and is very successful at it - however when you have writers of Blizzard's caliber ... I rather they don't drag you through their "story" at all.

Deleted
    Explain dynamic events?

Rares spawn on fixed locations at their own time -> scripted
    random lootboxes spawn -> scripted
    timeless isle doesn't change physicly or geographicly -> scripted

i honestly don't get why people keep saying dynamic events because IT ISN'T DYNAMIC

Deleted
    I think that nothing beats Isle of Quel'danas when it comes to fun factor... at least for players enjoying world PVP

Vanila-like rep grind is kinda boring. There is no story at all, nothing. The only good thing is the quick option to gear up an alt. But the Shao-hao rep....is just ridiculous. I prefer 100x to do dailies to grinding the same mobs over and over and over again.

Deleted
    I enjoyed Isle of Thunder more. I like lore, IoT did it better. I liked the solo scenarios (making them repeatable and ramping up difficulty would have been great) and the treasure room was satisfying as all hell.

Timeless Isle would have been enjoyable if chests were random respawn and there was shared loot on the mobs. I hate fighting for tags. Since IoT I thought those days were past on daily hubs. If you want enemies to be a solo challenge, put them in scenarios, not in the world where people can grief or group up to over power them anyway.

I would have liked the story to unlock in a different way than epoch stones. Or nerf the amount of the fucking things you need. 50 is about one hundred kills. I can tag about 5 during a half hour session there. I don't like it. I'm also still waiting to click a damn wayshrine during the very first shaohao quests. It's just annoying little things like this that ruin it.

Edit: I do think it is a tad strange with the en mass complaining of dailies, that they implement the thing players hate even more to progress through the content; grinding.

I don't think I am wrong in stating that people who play this game for the story are not often grinders and locking the damn story of the isle behind a tag fighting grind is odd.
    Last edited by mmoc5ef6914e13; 2013-09-27 at 11:52 AM.

I feel like not much is going on in timeless isle to justify removing dailies. You kill rares, loot ur chests for the week and come for world bosses.. THATS IT?

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

I liked IoT much more than TI. TI got boring very darn fast. Nice with easy loot for alts or whatever, but other than that... Exploration was nice, but quickly done with. Rares are neat, but only few drop something really interesting, and that stuff is quite rare. Few more fun dailies and more explorational chests would be nice, rather than just slightly hidden chests in the grass and such. Some nice elements, but overall I just like a daily hub with story a lot more than random sandbox with neat stuff.

Deleted
    Timeless isle is another way to hate Blizzard and quit the game as a pvp player. Pve players woot free 500+ ilvl in 3 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Timeless isle is another way to hate Blizzard and quit the game as a pvp player. Pve players woot free 500+ ilvl in 3 hours.
    I dont see what you're complaining about here, getting PVE-gear doing PVE? What a shocker! Go do some arenas/rbg's and you'll have your gear.

Timeless isle is not a sandbox experience as your actions do not effect what you can do on the island. One more burden and I am done with the timeless isle, one more trinket and I am done with LFR which does not bode well for my boredom levels for whats left in the life of this expansion. I would prefer 5 dailies a day in random locations on the isle to killing Ordos guys for 16 rep and theres not a damn thing worth getting your rep up for, especially if you are not a mount collector.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    I dont see what you're complaining about here, getting PVE-gear doing PVE? What a shocker! Go do some arenas/rbg's and you'll have your gear.
    Sure if we got a stupid box for every bg loss that rewarded us with free furious gear and a chance to get a token to upgrade the gear to Griveous but a bit bader version, then we could argue.

You pvers gets everything served in a goldplate..
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-09-27 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Sure if we got a stupid box for every bg loss that rewarded us with free furious gear and a chance to get a token to upgrade the gear to Griveous but a bit bader version, then we could argue.

You pvers gets everything served in a goldplate..
    PvEers get nothing for failing to kill a boss, your point fails. Even if you lose 100% of your BGs you will still be able to afford gear eventually.

This thread inspired me to make my own thread related to this issue.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10102860328
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post22588085

Enjoyed Isle of Thunder more, since it atleast had a story going. Timeless Isle is just walking all around the island looking for rares and treasures

Timeless Isle was a wonderful opportunity and concept, but unfortunately squandered and poorly executed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    I actually liked IoT and its concept a lot more than Timeless Isle. The "sense of adventure" on the isle lasted only the first week for me. Even after the first few days, I knew where everything was..

You are correct. Isle of thunder had gating and people working towards a goal. Timeless isle is hello kitty island and heres your welfare gear.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I cant explain why, but I did have more fun on the IoT at first the the Timeless isle. I had fun on the IoT for a solid month. I still enjoy the Timeless isle, but its wore off for me quickly. Mainly due to rares being killed by single people, cant go around killing them effectively. I think they rares should scale by the overall number of people on the island, its stupid that almost anyone can solo 90% of the rares.
    Last edited by Alienshroom; 2013-09-27 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    What story?
    the one they call lore, but then change in order to retroactively add something they think is neat.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Vanila-like rep grind is kinda boring. There is no story at all, nothing. The only good thing is the quick option to gear up an alt. But the Shao-hao rep....is just ridiculous. I prefer 100x to do dailies to grinding the same mobs over and over and over again.
    Sometimes it feels like we are dealing with the devil. Players suggest having options to grinding rep for gear/rewards and blizz gives us the timeless isle. You grind less and gear falls more plentifully, however if you want Shao-hao faction rep well....the devil makes you pay. Blizzard never gives something freely without taking something away and usually it hurts more.