Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Stop acting like any and all science contradicts the Bible, and stop pretending that the Bible teaches hatred. You would be wrong on both counts.
    I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    We Christians know that eventually, God will destroy the planet and replace it with a new Heaven and a new Earth. We, of course, will continue to exist for all time with God and Jesus.

Atheists believe that the universe is slowly and inexorably spreading out and cooling off, and that eventually it will suffer "heat death". All planets will be dead, all stars will burn out, and nothing will live.

So, when Christians write books and make music and build things, we do it knowing that we will influence current and future generations who will carry our ideas into Heaven for eternity. Atheists know that everything they create, no matter how beautiful or profound, will eventually cease to exist. Even a book popular for thousands of years, like Plato's Republic, will someday be forgotten; even if a copy survives for billions of years, locked in the frozen core of a dead world, there will be none to read it. Ever.

So what encourages atheists to get out of bed in the morning? And why do they all seem to worry about "endangered feces" and "historic preservation"?

I don't get it. At all.
    Apart from being a religious and thus forbidden topic I beg to differ. What Christians know is from the book od Revelations which have different interpretations ranging from literal to symbolic. It is not knowing in scientific sense it's inherited knowledge spurred by a tradition of beliefs.

Secondly if you are referring to art and human creation then I am afraid that secular and religious are only differing in their motives and not their beauty. Even the first Christians knew that which is why they employed many devices used by other cultures as well and even ones having secular and non-Christian origin (icons *cough*).

Within the scope of your own beliefs: Since you are Christian it astounds me that you think you are much more worth than atheists and that they or their creations or existence are less worth than yours because you believe to have the correct faith. Answer me this: Did Jesus visit the pharisees or did he visit the whores and the corrupt customs officer? In that regard what are the chances that your legacy will be super-important?
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    'cause its boring laying in bed all day ?

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.
    You claim to use reason but then make unfounded statements that are downright incorrect and uninformed?

Explain to me, what existed before the big bang?

10+ Year Old Account
    What gets me up in the morning? The promise of a new day. A day on which I'll not live in fear of ancient superstitions. A day on which I'll not give credit for my accomplishments to an impotent deity. A day on which I'll not use a god as a scapegoat for the misfortunes I endure.

Atheists know that everything they create, no matter how beautiful or profound, will eventually cease to exist. Even a book popular for thousands of years, like Plato's Republic, will someday be forgotten; even if a copy survives for billions of years, locked in the frozen core of a dead world, there will be none to read it. Ever.
    The same can be said for your bible.

I don't get it. At all.
    Judging by what you have written, this particular sentence pretty much defines your entire existence.

This has nothing to do with you being Christian or even religious, it has a lot to do with you being....well....you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    We Christians know that eventually, God will destroy the planet and replace it with a new Heaven and a new Earth. We, of course, will continue to exist for all time with God and Jesus.

Atheists believe that the universe is slowly and inexorably spreading out and cooling off, and that eventually it will suffer "heat death". All planets will be dead, all stars will burn out, and nothing will live.

So, when Christians write books and make music and build things, we do it knowing that we will influence current and future generations who will carry our ideas into Heaven for eternity. Atheists know that everything they create, no matter how beautiful or profound, will eventually cease to exist. Even a book popular for thousands of years, like Plato's Republic, will someday be forgotten; even if a copy survives for billions of years, locked in the frozen core of a dead world, there will be none to read it. Ever.

So what encourages atheists to get out of bed in the morning? And why do they all seem to worry about "endangered feces" and "historic preservation"?

I don't get it. At all.
    In answer to your question: The heat death you describe will take trillions and trillions of years to happen probably even more. Do you realise the odds of being alive on this planet at this point in time? The window for life to exist within the time until the universe will complete its decay is RIDICULOUSLY small probably something like 0.000000000000000000000000000...........................1%. Cant remember the exact figures but to sum up it is a absolute miracle that you are alive in this time period, the probability is next to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    What gets me up in the morning? The promise of a new day. A day on which I'll not live in fear of ancient superstitions. A day on which I'll not give credit for my accomplishments to an impotent deity. A day on which I'll not use a god as a scapegoat for the misfortunes I endure.

The same can be said for your bible.
    Not really. I would say the odds are pretty good that the Bible will exists somewhere in heaven.

I also find it quite silly to pretend that Christianity is bad. Sure, when you use a bunch of negative sounding words to describe something completely wrong it can make it sound not so fun.

And why do they all seem to worry about "endangered feces"
    Because too much of these "endangered feces" stink up the place. For example, your (com)post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Sadly this is clearly a troll post as the OP didn't really mention anything believed by Christians!

Here is a bible quote for ya *Let us eat and drink; for to morrow we shall die*

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, religious threads are not allowed here.